test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulans can't beam out of Starfleet Academy

rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Sorry if this has already been reported, but I didn't see a thread so I thought I'd start one. On my Romulan characters I left at the Academy, since the new patch they can't beam out. I'm guessing it has to do with
Federation players cannot leave Starfleet Academy until completing the skip version of the tutorial.
Previously, players could get stuck if they left Starfleet Academy prior to finishing the skip tutorial process.
If a player is stuck in the following zones, there is now an interact option with these points to allow access back to Starfleet Academy:
ESD
Sol System
Sirius Sector

Just letting you know it's happening
bridges.jpg
Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• defufodefufo Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just had the same problem. The button to beam out was missing, and the button at the mimi map was greyed out. I had to pay 12,000 EC to transwarp to a mission start to get out of there.

Space - the final frontier. These are the adventures of Tovan Khev - told by his loyal servant ... err... Commanding Officer.
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Even though its a bug...

Why would you want to go to the SFA with a Romulan?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Even though its a bug...

Why would you want to go to the SFA with a Romulan?

480 Dil a day for a couple quick clicks; and 7 more free Doff recruitment assignments (to get common Doffs to through into Fleet Holdings for Fleet Credit)?:eek::D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    480 Dil a day for a couple quick clicks; and 7 more free Doff recruitment assignments (to get common Doffs to through into Fleet Holdings for Fleet Credit)?:eek::D

exactly why
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
    edited October 2014

isnt there a Console for the same stuff on New Romulus Command? Or is the Federation Recruitment stuff extra?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    isnt there a Console for the same stuff on New Romulus Command? Or is the Federation Recruitment stuff extra?

The Fed stuff is extra (IE you can have 11 free common Doff recruitment assignments on a Romulan. Really helps to fill those Fleet projects)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited October 2014
    Didnt know that. Thanks for the heads up :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    This has been verified. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    have the same my Fed Romulan cant leave Akademie since he got the mail with the Ship Update Token 800 day vet reward
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Haha, fantastic. Guess my Romulan characters are staying put for the week until this gets fixed.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here's a workaround for now... Just take the Helix mission and transwarp out for 0 ec. It's an inconvenient way around it but it'll get your Romulan toons out of the academy.
  • idaho85idaho85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm a human player who has just finished the tutorial and needs to see admiral Quinn but am now stuck at the academy..

as far as I can see there are no missions i can transwarp to :(