test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playable Talaxians for Lifers

mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
Neato. We can be Neelix now. :P

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9002703-release-notes%3A-october-29th%2C-2014
  • Lifetime Subscription
    • Talaxian Playable Species
      • Talaxians are now available as a new playable species for Federation and Klingon factions.
      • Talaxians are available for players with lifetime accounts.
      • This is retroactive to anyone that has purchased a lifetime subscription

Joined January 2009
Finger wrote:
Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Who the hell wants to play as a Talaxian??
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Who the hell wants to play as a Talaxian??

I may want to, depending on their traits.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    People who want to wear gaudy clothing and RP as Neelix in zone chat while popping disco balls everywhere? :P

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 84 seconds.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you will play a Ferengi you will play a Talaxian. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited October 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »

Hmmmmmm

Racial traits:
    -Hides as soon as a fight starts
    -Annoys everyone around - Enemis either shoot you immediately or shooot themselves
    -Draw aggro - Everything attacks you
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sooo I dont have a free slot to satrt a Talaxian....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

never played one of them sure as hek dont want to play any of them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Of all the Delta Quadrant races to be made playable, this is the least wanted one.

Ship upgrade token? Yay!
    edited October 2014
    Hmmmmmm

Racial traits:
    -Annoys everyone around - Enemis either shoot you immediately or shooot themselves
    Again, basically the same as a Ferengi. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited October 2014

I will NOT play as a Ferengi :P

My favorite part in the KDF is when you get to punch out a Ferengi :D

And guys, I'm joking. Everyone has different views. We can all play what we like. :)
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wonder if you will get the salvage trait......
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A playable Talaxian... how EXACTLY is this supposed to work?

Remember that the game starts with you passing the Academy / taking over the Bird-of-Prey from your cowardly captain in 2409; a cadet stays at Starfleet Academy for 4 years, 8 if s/he's going to be a medical officer. That means your character must have entered the Academy in 2405 or 2401 respectivly... and access to the Delta Quadrant was just restored at the beginning of 2410. THERE. ARE. NO. TALAXIANS. IN. THE. ALPHA. QUADRANT. BEFORE. THAT.

So playable Fed/KDF Talaxians are not possible!
    edited October 2014
    thorodal wrote: »

Remember that the game starts with you passing the Academy / taking over the Bird-of-Prey from your cowardly captain in 2409; a cadet stays at Starfleet Academy for 4 years, 8 if s/he's going to be a medical officer. That means your character must have entered the Academy in 2405 or 2401 respectivly... and access to the Delta Quadrant was just restored at the beginning of 2410. THERE. ARE. NO. TALAXIANS. IN. THE. ALPHA. QUADRANT. BEFORE. THAT.

You do realize that Quinn's aid is an Ocampa? That clearly shows that some of the various Delta Quadrant species have made it to the Alpha/Beta Quadrant in the last 32 years.
  • rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Hey, I made a Ferengi! But only 'cause they get awesome EC rates and I got the Marauder ship where I can have private Dabo parties!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    oh, this should be good...i can just see all the neelix clones running around now

btw, for any devs that may end up poking their heads in here... (or if you show up, smirk, please pass this on to the approptiate party)

can we PLEASE get playable benthans and hazari in the c-store so people can have matching captains with their benthan/hazari ships?

hell, throw in kazon and kobali too if you want...someone will buy them
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited October 2014

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/158/329/9189283.jpg
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmmmmmm

Racial traits:

Poisons everyone - doesn't stack.
  • thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You do realize that Quinn's aid is an Ocampa? That clearly shows that some of the various Delta Quadrant species have made it to the Alpha/Beta Quadrant in the last 32 years.

Which actually makes even less sense. Ocampa only live for 9 years. At least 1 of them they spend reaching "adulthood", meaning 8 years left. Now they need to pass schools and qualify for the Academy, let's be generous and make them fast learners: 1 year. So Linnea was two when she entered the Academy. Academy takes 4 years as mentioned before, so she's an ensign at the age of 6. As seen at her collar pips she's a full LT by now, which at least should take 1 year as well (ENS - LT JG - LT). Which means she's now 7 AND SHOULD LOOK LIKE IT (aka an elderly woman). But she doesn't. So no, either Linnea is NOT Ocampa or she's a plothole herself.

EDIT: Oh yes, it's 2410 now, so add a year: She must be 8 by now.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Which actually makes even less sense. Ocampa only live for 9 years. At least 1 of them they spend reaching "adulthood", meaning 8 years left. Now they need to pass schools and qualify for the Academy, let's be generous and make them fast learners: 1 year. So Linnea was two when she entered the Academy. Academy takes 4 years as mentioned before, so she's an ensign at the age of 6. As seen at her collar pips she's a full LT by now, which at least should take 1 year as well (ENS - LT JG - LT). Which means she's now 7 AND SHOULD LOOK LIKE IT (aka an elderly woman). But she doesn't. So no, either Linnea is NOT Ocampa or she's a plothole herself.

if humans can double their lifespan, so can ocampans
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited October 2014

Rank in Star Trek has little to do with time. Picard went from Lt. Cmdr to Captain in 1 day. Heck, JJ-Kirk went from Academy to Captain in a couple of days. :) It is fiction. Fiction is whatever the writers want it to be. If that were not the case then Spock would remember that he is Vulcan and has two sets of eyelids and so is not really blind. :)
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    She just have Ocampa's ear. Doesn't mean she is Ocampa. Maybe it's an alien with the same kind of ears. Just like pointy ears doesn't mean it's Vulcan.

I don't remember it was stated somewhere she is ocampa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    will talaxians be playable for actual monthly subscribers as well?
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lifers just played 'Let's Make a Deal', and they got the 'ZONK' prize. :D
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmmm, I think I'd rather have playable Cardies but I'll take what I can get :D
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »

Yeah...if they have a nice space trait racial I'd seriously consider playing one...then again I don't hate a race because of Neelix...nor did I really hate him though he wasn't my favorite character I can tell you that. :P

I don't get why Romulans get screwed over though? You'd think Romulans would take Talaxians in over Klingons.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Meh, I'd rather see Talaxians as a C-Store unlock for those who care and Vaadwaur, Voth, Tholian, or even the winged Skorr race as a Lifer thing.

This isn't going to sell Lifer subs, Cryptic.
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't really care for it, unless people are going to start complaining all over that the race shouldn't be playable. The free upgrade token is a nice bonus.

Playable Cardassian and Horta races when?
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What's the racial traits for these guys? Loss 50 in Warp Core Efficiency and All Weapon Skills due to you being a slacker apologist?
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    What's the racial traits for these guys? Loss 50 in Warp Core Efficiency and All Weapon Skills due to you being a slacker apologist?

Some variation of the bolian toxic blood trait to account for toxic cooking.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Space Trait: Find coffee nebula.

Talaxians can find coffee nebulas and harvest space coffee, which has a 1% chance of summoning Captain Janeway, who will fight your enemies and drink up all the coffee.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.