test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T5-U Vu'Quv

tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Klingon Discussion
I know that my mirror Vu'Quv (with the better BOff seating over the regular) isn't upgradeable but I went to upgrade my basic Vu'Quv and noticed, it's not upgradeable either. Anyone else notice this too? :eek:
Post edited by tilarium1979 on

Comments

• Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, I was dissapointed about the Heavy BoP as well, I thought it was T5.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The lvl40 Voquv is not on the list. The lvl50 FLEET Voquv **is** on the list, however.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tier 5 dil ships (like the Hegh'ta, Vo'quv or the Negh'var, Vor'cha retrofit and Qin raptor) aren't upgradeable, same as mirror ships.

Being Tier 5 is not the only prerequisite for being upgradeable.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, if you want a T5-U Vo'Quv, you'll need tyo buy the Fleet Vo'Quv and upgrade that one to T5-U.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    does it get a tac console for t5fu? if not, i wouldnt suggest this to anyone not seeking buyers regret.

Except that when I'm flying my Vo'quv, I certainly don't do it for the pew-pew (except for vicariously through my BOP pilots), so if it ended up as, say a science slot, that would be all right with me. Don't have a Fleet Vo'quv myself though, just the base model, so I don't yet know for sure.

Generator
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ha, the Vo'Quv I've had since I first dinged Lv40 with my Klingon when STO was new is finally mothballed. Can't upgrade her. DR has done what no Feds in PVP have been able to do... to get me to leave my Vo'Quv behind.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Upgraded my Fleet VQ Today.

You get an Extra Tac Console, More Hull and Shields

as Mastery faster hanger Recharge , 10% more Hull / Shields and extra shield regen +5% dmg resit to shields
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    krownleth wrote: »

as Mastery faster hanger Recharge , 10% more Hull / Shields and extra shield regen +5% dmg resit to shields

You shouldn't get more shields from upgrading to T5-U (Not talking about the mastery passive down the road). Just a console and scalable bonus to hull - depending on your level - from 15% to 33,3% (1/3).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    themic609themic609 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    krownleth wrote: »

If that info is right. I wouldn't mind getting and upgrading a fleety quv. would be worth the grind :cool:
    "Helm Prepare Maneuver Circle Target Alpha, Tactical Prepare BFAW3 and mash Spacebar"

• Options
    edited November 2014
    My Klingon sci was >< that close to using my free upgrade on one of my DSDs, but instead I think I'm going to use it on a Flo'Quv, 90% based on what I'm seeing in this thread. Good salesmanship, guys. :)

Qapla,
    Generator
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    One more question for the carrier fans in the audience:

What kind of energy weapons are you using? The Shenara has been using polarons, since she was initially a very drain-focused build. I've since switched her to an Exotic damage/Particle Generator focus, and I'm torn between either keeping with polaron or switching to Elite Fleet Disruptors (I haven't really done a lot of upgrading of the weapons system yet, so there's very little in the way of lost investment).

Anyone got two cents to throw at that issue?

Generator
    =================

• Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    One more question for the carrier fans in the audience:

What kind of energy weapons are you using? The Shenara has been using polarons, since she was initially a very drain-focused build. I've since switched her to an Exotic damage/Particle Generator focus, and I'm torn between either keeping with polaron or switching to Elite Fleet Disruptors (I haven't really done a lot of upgrading of the weapons system yet, so there's very little in the way of lost investment).

Anyone got two cents to throw at that issue?

Generator

I'm going with the Elite Fleets. Outside of PVP, I very much like to stick to Faction, and then Fun. Odd but there you have it.

Plus it isn't a bad choice. The proc is super handy for your team, your pets, and not so good for your opponents. I only PVE with it, I take whatever randomness I get with the inherent SST ability, instead focusing on Gravity Wells and Torpedo Spreads.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    thissler wrote: »
    I'm going with the Elite Fleets. Outside of PVP, I very much like to stick to Faction, and then Fun. Odd but there you have it.

Plus it isn't a bad choice. The proc is super handy for your team, your pets, and not so good for your opponents. I only PVE with it, I take whatever randomness I get with the inherent SST ability, instead focusing on Gravity Wells and Torpedo Spreads.

Thanks, thissler, that basically was the last 5% I needed to push me toward that choice. :)

You brush on an interesting point in closing: Torpedo Spread. If I may make two follow-up questions about that...

1) What do you ditch to take TS instead? I'm currently set up for TT1/BFAW2/APB2, and I'm not clever enough to ditch TT yet, so it'd be FAW or Beta.

2) If I'm mounting a torpedo fore, do I make those aforementioned elite fleet disruptors arrays or dual banks? If the latter, what should I put aft? Turrets, maybe? I suggest the DBBs because as it is, I do crazy amounts of what I call the "Vo'quv cha-cha", veering back and forth between nose-on and broadside position, and I can't see a torpedo making that any easier.

Thanks again.

Generator
    =================

• Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks, thissler, that basically was the last 5% I needed to push me toward that choice. :)

You brush on an interesting point in closing: Torpedo Spread. If I may make two follow-up questions about that...

1) What do you ditch to take TS instead? I'm currently set up for TT1/BFAW2/APB2, and I'm not clever enough to ditch TT yet, so it'd be FAW or Beta.

2) If I'm mounting a torpedo fore, do I make those aforementioned elite fleet disruptors arrays or dual banks? If the latter, what should I put aft? Turrets, maybe? I suggest the DBBs because as it is, I do crazy amounts of what I call the "Vo'quv cha-cha", veering back and forth between nose-on and broadside position, and I can't see a torpedo making that any easier.

Thanks again.

Generator

TT, TS2 and TS3. I have the disruptors so I don't use beta. TT is just so useful due to Borg that I keep it on.

I just group them up with Gravity Well, pummel them with torpedo spreads. Low weapon power, I don't run beam abilities that interfere with the Primo SST that comes with the ship.
    Just kidding. It's not that good. But it's free.

I'm using arrays. It isn't that hard. Scripted content is scripted. Things like Mirror there are targets all over the place. Hard to miss an opportunity.

Do what I do. Try out some normal cheepo weapons for a bit. Before you go all in.