test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Material Conversion Store

stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
About a couple of days ago I had tried to convert my old crafting materials using the Material Conversion Store, to get the new R&D materials. Instead, what I got was some item called 'Common Crafting Materials' and which are bound to character! They wouldn't get stored into the R&D inventory, nor could they be used for R&D.

I put up a complaint ticket regarding the same and below is the reply I received:

Response Via Email (Liuna) 10/20/2014 03:14 PM

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand that you have an inquiry on the old samples that you have. Unfortunately the old samples will no longer be converted and be of used to crafting. Since the release of Season 9.5 they did a complete revamp on the crafting system as well as for the items.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Regards,
Liuna
Game Master
Perfect World Entertainment
http://support.arcgames.com/

Is anyone else aware of this???

As far as I know, it was NEVER indicated in the release notes or otherwise that such a change would happen upon the release of Season 9.5. Now I am left with quite a number of the old items and all they can give is a lousy apology?! NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I am mighty pissed at the way they are treating their subs! Appalling!!! :mad:
Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
:D
Post edited by sthero on

Comments

• quadraxis666quadraxis666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    um, double click the "random crafting materials" thingies, they turn into modern crafting mats and go into the R&D inventory. One by one and it takes ages i did it just now
  • stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey! Thanks for the tip. It worked!!!! It took a while as I had a 1000+ to do and wore my forefinger out with all that clicking!! :)

The strange thing was that the conversion worked instantly for the Random (rare) materials, but not with common and uncommon!!!

Anyway, Thanks again!!! :D
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

• xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And there's absolutely zero reason we should have to do this. This should have been an instant conversion into the new products required for crafting, not putting half a hundred stacks in our inventory to have to click one at a time.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xariama wrote: »
    And there's absolutely zero reason we should have to do this. This should have been an instant conversion into the new products required for crafting, not putting half a hundred stacks in our inventory to have to click one at a time.

I totally agree!! But the sad fact remains that Cryptic/PWE/STO has bungled it up somewhere and we, the players, have to suffer for that.
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

• ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sthero wrote: »
    I totally agree!! But the sad fact remains that Cryptic/PWE/STO has bungled it up somewhere and we, the players, have to suffer for that.

They didn't bungle it up. It's just converting materials to the newer R&D materials faster then they wanted you to would have been concidered an exploit and gotten all your samples taken away.

So in a way you should thank Cryptic for protecting you from accidently using an exploit.
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Old news, suck it up princess.
  • rodriguo1rodriguo1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    this bug apparently often occurs when the top row of your inventory is full. keep that row empty when converting and no more bug.
    EVEN BETTER, if you already have stacks of 100 [Uncommon/Common Crafting Materials] these will be converted 100 at a time every time you convert 1 old item!
    (just found this out, so canceled my ticket to GM) :cool:
  • drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Old news, suck it up princess.

Your compassion is legendary. Mythical, even.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xariama wrote: »
    sthero wrote: »
    I think there was a discussion about that when R&D conversion was introduced, and they basically said the amount of server work to convert all the old mats from everyone logging at once as soon as the server was up after the R&D patch would have crashed the server. Or made it incredibly busy (IE lag).

Just look how the bank/exchange is unresponsive/laggy when there is a lot of people in the game (and a lot of transaction with the bank/exchange). And it's probably much less server work than converting thousands of player's old mats at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your compassion is legendary. Mythical, even.

Yup, because compassion really needs to be shown because someone is whiny...