test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship resists list Tetryon 2x and Polaron 0x

mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
ticket ID #2,822,569

This was brought to my attention by a fleet mate and then confirmed by myself and a 3rd fleet mate so it doesn't seem to be ship-specific.

1. Open the Status Screen
2. Look at your Ship Stats
3. Look at the Defense section

Actual result: Tetryon is listed twice and Polaron is missing.

Exepected result: Tetryon is listed one and Polaron is listed once.

Additional notes: I do not know if this is merely a display bug or if the ship actually has 2x tetryon resist and 0 polaron resist.

Joined January 2009
Finger wrote:
Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ticket ID #2,822,569

This was brought to my attention by a fleet mate and then confirmed by myself and a 3rd fleet mate so it doesn't seem to be ship-specific.

1. Open the Status Screen
    2. Look at your Ship Stats
    3. Look at the Defense section

Actual result: Tetryon is listed twice and Polaron is missing.

Exepected result: Tetryon is listed one and Polaron is listed once.

Additional notes: I do not know if this is merely a display bug or if the ship actually has 2x tetryon resist and 0 polaron resist.

Yup.. I also can confirm this.. for all my chars (14) - no matter if it's Fed, Klingon or Rom and no matter which ship or shuttle.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is still bugged.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    After a little testing, I can confirm this is only a display bug. Your Polaron resists are intact (but not shown), and Tetryon is only being counted once toward incoming damage.

We'll see about getting the display fixed.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    After a little testing, I can confirm this is only a display bug.

Phew, that's good to know.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote: