test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs: Please have dogs instead of cats

crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
Someone in cryptic must be a Cat maniac. Caitians, Ferrasans, Atrox, cat pounce powers and now another useless cat as a pet.....can u please diversify and put some beagles for Pete's sake. Enough of the felines...rather have Dinos or lizards but why so much love for cats when canines are underrepresented...I know it's petty but still sends the wrong message to dog lovers :D:D:D
DUwNP.gif

Post edited by crusader2007 on

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I'd love a Beagle or a Shi-Tzu. I hate cats, would never get one. Heck, I'd rather pay for a Khellid.
  • terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Meh, I have a cute little black cat to follow me around, no reason for the dog lovers to not have their furry friends. If I can have plain ol' cats because of Spot then there's no reason they can't have plain ol' dogs because of Porthos.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Let's have both.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Would love to see dogs ... biggest Problem might be different breeds ... it's easier with Cats ... just change the color ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • bulvynebulvyne Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More dogz please!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Let's have both.
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Indeed. That way everyone is happy.
  • ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dont they have those poodle like dogs already?
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    About the only pet I would ever use is a Beagle.

If I can get a Beagle, I'll be real happy.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    So... people want their own Porthos?
    Probably in the next lockbox.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Lol, if they make a Peruvian Hairless, I'd throw 50mil EC for one just to have the ugliest dog in the world.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pretty sure dogs will come, they can't just throw everything out at once

Cats had to be first, it's the internet, it was either TRIBBLE, or Cats
    GwaoHAD.png
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would snag me a doggie off of the Lobi store, provided that they were reasonably priced. Preferably a nice brindle one like my real-life dog.
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    People and their cruddy pets, I had a problem awhile with people walking their dogs and thinking it was ok to use my yard as a bathroom. After patiently telling them to go away I finally started putting out poison. Really, I did. And I haven't seen them since. Moral of the story, if you have an animal, its bathroom is YOUR house.

You are a horrible human being.
  • ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    People and their cruddy pets, I had a problem awhile with people walking their dogs and thinking it was ok to use my yard as a bathroom. After patiently telling them to go away I finally started putting out poison. Really, I did. And I haven't seen them since. Moral of the story, if you have an animal, its bathroom is YOUR house.

You do understand you just admitted to something that could potentially get you jail time or a fine right?
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sure if he was trespassing and putting it out on other peoples property.

I'd like to see the idiot complain to the cops or judge that that the reason their pet got sick was because they were trespassing with their pet on someone elses private property.

They would at least charge him with "Animal Cruelty" & probably "Damage to Property" (depends) ... at least in my country ... thank god I'm not from the US ...

Besides putting out unmarked poison is just plain stupid ... there was some genius who tried to poison dogs on a playground ... guess what happened ...

HINT : It was not the TRIBBLE nor the dogs, that were lethal ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    So... people want their own Porthos?
    Probably in the next lockbox.

Seriously, I have no idea why people in several threads like this are overreacting. We've been asking for cats and dogs for ages, now when it's finally happening we should all rejoice and instead we're getting people shouting "boooo why cats I want dogs". And people wonder why the devs don't take the forum seriously.

I'm so happy we have proper cat pets in game now. I wanted a proper Earth cat pet for my Human Captains since....forever. I'm sooo happy to have one and will probable get them all for different chars once I restock my lobi supplies.
    And yes, I'd very much like a beagle, too. Just like Captain Archer's one. But after weird things like spiders, dinosaurs and insects - we finally got cats! Dogs must be on their way too, probably in the next lockobox like rattler2 said. No need to be ungratefull and complain about not having dogs at the same time cats were released after a long period of us asking them to do so.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014

In my country: 4 years jailtime for putting out poison outdoors. 8 years jailtime if an animal is hurt or dies from it. A minimum of 20 years jailtime if a kid playing happens to come in touch with your poison, if you can live that long with the fact that a young life ended because of your own idiocy.
    Moral of the story - you're lucky to be living in a place with backwater laws, wherever that is. Either that or you're just plain dumb and havent realized the consequences of your actions nor the legal implications.
    HQroeLu.jpg