test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm Gonna Play DA, but first gonna take a selfie

neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w589/Rstarfox/Selfie_zpse166a9ea.jpg

Seriously PWE, what is with the DA Banner on he main ARC page

The Fed character looks like she's taking a selfie

The Klingon looks like a neanderthal with ridges. You guys make good artwork for your eastern games, couldn't make a better Klingon (who are pretty much a cross of Chinese, Japaneses, and Mongolians)

The Romulan looks cool, but I want her scouter so I can check the power level of other players to make sure it's not OVER 9000!!!!:D

Good thing I can say about it , at least it's not another T'TRIBBLE

EDIT: title suppose to say DR not DA my bad
GwaoHAD.png
Post edited by neoakiraii on

Comments

• generalklanggeneralklang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good luck with that "Play Now" button LOL..

otherwise, spot on.
  • opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

The Klingon looks like a neanderthal with ridges. You guys make good artwork for your eastern games, couldn't make a better Klingon (who are pretty much a cross of Chinese, Japaneses, and Mongolians)

The Romulan looks cool, but I want her scouter so I can check the power level of other players to make sure it's not OVER 9000!!!!:D

In the screen art dept., the only thing I really like having is old Handsome Phaser Guy to greet me on the forums.
  • bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wish my tricorder could take selfies. Luckily I can pre-order the Tricorder Air 2 tonight in a couple hours!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014

We DO have an eyepiece of that shape! But it has a different lens. Like this, and this
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wasnt that klingon in the A-Team?

Seriously I swear thats MR T.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hypl wrote: »

Honestly, I thought it looked more like she was checking her face out with a pocket mirror (but hey, I'm old.) :eek::D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • zensutrazensutra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good thing Handsome Phaser Guy still greets us at the top of the page, who knew he'd end up being the most competent-looking character in their release concepts. I'm not even going to hold being a southpaw against him. ;-)
  • opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I gotta say though, the body types of those officers in the picture are pretty tastefully done.

The Klingon guy has some beef, but not excessive beef.

The two females don't look like T'TRIBBLE.

Great work on this one art dept.; way to show the unattainable body image marketing crowd who's boss.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I couldnt help myself either :D

That "power lvl detector" looks cool, the lens actually. They are more rounded then the vorta visor.

Nice artwork :)
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If only we could make our characters look that good. I think there is missing some hairstyles and pieces in the tailor.. please add these!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I actually like the banner/backgorund art for Delta Rising. Like opo98 mentioned, it's pretty refined and tastefully done. So kudos to whoever did those. Much better than the LoR one and much much better than T'TRIBBLE. It's back to the 'handsome phaser guy' level of quality, which was also very good IMHO.

Not that things can't be interpreted the way you did. I just like the overall quality of the art.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Kinda thought the Rommie character looked like she was on the phone; despite the fact that there is a grim looking Klingon with a raised weapon in front of her. Even without T'TRIBBLE in the image, it still feels like someone is expressing an opinion about women (or just venting through art).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mosul33 wrote: »
    I couldnt help myself either :D

That "power lvl detector" looks cool, the lens actually. They are more rounded then the vorta visor.

Nice artwork :)
    Yeah, it'd be nice to have it in game. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bfelczer wrote: »
    I wish my tricorder could take selfies. Luckily I can pre-order the Tricorder Air 2 tonight in a couple hours!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

WOW - it's Brandon! The old community Manager! Hope your new job is going well!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    WOW - it's Brandon! The old community Manager! Hope your new job is going well!

Yeah, BranFlakes has been around the forum these past few days, guess Delta Rising lured him. :D

Glad to see you again on these boards Brandon! :)

LLAP \\//
    HQroeLu.jpg