test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Admiral Rank missing

bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Hello

I have noticed, that while one of the major points in Delta Rinsing was the Level Cap increase to 60 (Fleet Admiral) there are no rank pins in the tailor for this new rank.

Please fix it

Thanks
Bridger.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What this guy said.
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i don't think fleet admiral pips exist, otherwise you'd see Quinn wear them
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Admiral Quinn actually wears them.

5 Stars are the Fleet Admiral rank.

Cant say I am sad they might not be available to the players. Normally theres like 1 - 2 Fleetadmirals in Starfleet. Us beeing all fleetadmirals soon is ridicolous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Cant say I am sad they might not be available to the players. Normally theres like 1 - 2 Fleetadmirals in Starfleet. Us beeing all fleetadmirals soon is ridicolous.

five pips? you get that at 55, atleast i got that on tribble but i have not looked on holo yet
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • peewee3695peewee3695 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Actually, you get the 4 pip variant at lvl 55, as that's an Admiral's rank insignia. The 5 pip variant is that of a Fleet Admiral, and it is what Quinn wears, and what that Tellarite who dies on "Second Wave" was wearing. So the costume option does physically exist, it just isn't available to players at this time.
    KerryMalone.png

• lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2014

With that same logic, there is only supposed to be about 30 Admirals, and 170 VA's. The problem isn't in the rank, but how easy it is to achieve and keep as PWE went crashing down that slippery slope years ago.
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Sorry about that.
    We have a fix already going through.
    It should be updated soon - if not this week, then the next.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Thankies for the post, Callevista! I purrsonally will keep four stars on each side of the collar even after the fix, butt it's nice for those who actually wanna use the Quinnie five stars. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just wanted to pop in a note that the Republic uniforms are locked at Vice Admiral as well. No full Admiral / Fleet Admiral shoulder pads are available.

Although I'm not sure how much more elaborate you could make the shoulder pads after the Vice Admiral "look at me I am AWESOME" pads ;)
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Just wanted to pop in a note that the Republic uniforms are locked at Vice Admiral as well. No full Admiral / Fleet Admiral shoulder pads are available.

Although I'm not sure how much more elaborate you could make the shoulder pads after the Vice Admiral "look at me I am AWESOME" pads ;)

Someone in the STB channel suggested a full cape with Republic logo one time. Seems gaudy enough.
  • peewee3695peewee3695 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As far as I've noticed - this fix has not yet been done for FEDs or KDF. Only the ROMs have FAdm shoulders.

Can we get an update on when this will be fixed?
    KerryMalone.png

• shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    Sorry about that.

Just wondering about a update on this as the FED Fleet Admiral is still not showing up
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    peewee3695 wrote: »
    As far as I've noticed - this fix has not yet been done for FEDs or KDF. Only the ROMs have FAdm shoulders.

Can we get an update on when this will be fixed?

From what I've seen on Tribble, it looks like KDF gets a new sash (something like "5-03") at 60.

Still no sign of level 60 Federation rank insignia. I've poked around in the Foundry, and all the artwork appears to be in place. I'm guessing it would take longer to fix the problem with Starfleet uniforms because there are so many -- everything from TOS to Odyssey needs to updated.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry about that.

You are awesome.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014

They made all of us Fleet Admiral so we should have 5 pins. Make Quinn President of Federation then in that case or Grand Fleet Admiral give him 6 pins on each side then. Cap it off with him!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    The fix was made, but it didn't make the update last time. We are trying to get this in the next update - more updates to come.
  • bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    The fix was made, but it didn't make the update last time. We are trying to get this in the next update - more updates to come.

So Callevista, I say this as I haven't hit 60 yet (still pottering around at 58), but some of my fleet-mates made level 60 and are still saying that there are still no FA rank pips.

Any word on if they're going to make it into next weeks' patch?

Thanks for any updates :D

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Thanks for letting us all know this! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I feel like they tried to add in the pips, and messed up some of the uniforms as a result.

The 4-bar used to work fine on the Oddy Dress uniform, now it clips through the collar.
  • adjournonadjournon Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *Bump*

You know, technically without the proper rank insignia we're all out of uniform and can be disciplined up to and including a court martial if the offense continues.

STO Forum member since 2008, player since 2012 - funny story that
  • sagencesagence Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry about that.

And yet almost a month later, still nothing.

good job
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sagence wrote: »
    And yet almost a month later, still nothing.

good job

Did you read callevista's more recent reply from two days before?
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.