test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The level 60 bragging rights thread

casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
Yay, just got to 60 and grabbed my promotion to Fleet Admiral.

Not seen any others yet. The story was fun, especially the surprise at the end of the Kobali warzone missions :D

I budgeted two days to hit 60 on my main and made it in 36 hours, with 8 of those as sleep.
Post edited by casbyness on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bragging about levels is SOOOOOO Season 3....

What's important these days, is how far you've come in your specialization.

However, you are far from the first... I've seen plenty of Level 60s already...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This should actually read the:

"Level 60 have no life outside a computer game because I'm pathetic and my whole life is based around how fast I can burn through content while other people have a life thread"

Congratulations on being pathetic at life. Enjoy STO
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • anhero666anhero666 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    anazonda wrote: »

ladymyajha wrote: »

"Level 60 have no life outside a computer game because I'm pathetic and my whole life is based around how fast I can burn through content while other people have a life thread"

Fun fact: Most of us hit 60 in about 2 hours. I am currently about 11 specialization points passed 60 into my trees and already completed Elite NWS. All this while working 8 hours both yesterday and today.

Stop being mad.
    edited October 2014

not that hard to level in this game more so with boosters then there is the skill point perk for ppl who have LTS or have sub X amount of days ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    anhero666 wrote: »
    Fun fact: Most of us hit 60 in about 2 hours. I am currently about 11 specialization points passed 60 into my trees and already completed Elite NWS. All this while working 8 hours both yesterday and today.

Stop being mad.

Not mad, just if hitting level 60 in a couple of hours/days is the biggest thing you can brag about on any given day... you may want to get a life, especially as you pointed out it's not that unique.
    edited October 2014

Stop being mad.

Excuse me? Mad?

Are you on something... bad for your nervous system? cause you seem to have difficulty separating emotions?

I simply stated the obvious? Quick leveling has never been an issue in this game... It's not exactly impressive.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Why does leveling and enjoying content contradict each other? Who gave you the authority to judge what is enjoyable to someone and what is not?

Buring all the way through to 60 by grinding/doff-assignments and then going back and finishing the new content and the new story arc, without lags, without places being overrun, when the worst bugs have been eliminated, being able to do story missions back-to-back, without having to grind in between just to meet the level requirements is much, much more enjoyable and immersive to me than regular levelling.
    Yay, just got to 60 and grabbed my promotion to Fleet Admiral.

Not seen any others yet. The story was fun, especially the surprise at the end of the Kobali warzone missions

I budgeted two days to hit 60 on my main and made it in 36 hours, with 8 of those as sleep.

There is another thread somewhere with people who have reached 60, and it only took them a couple of hours. (~1:30 IIRC).
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Do I sense a exeptionally high degree of envy? Yes I do. Don't worry, you will hit lvl 60 eventually. No need to attack others over it. Congraz OP!
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I expected there to be powerlevelling peeps who had found a good way to climb really fast on Elite difficulty. I was taking time doing the Episodes and Kobali zone so didn't expect to be first.

Now I am trying to pick a cat :D
    edited October 2014
    casbyness wrote: »
    I expected there to be powerlevelling peeps who had found a good way to climb really fast on Elite difficulty. I was taking time doing the Episodes and Kobali zone so didn't expect to be first.

Now I am trying to pick a cat :D

I hear they go well with broccoli...
    edited October 2014
    Because by burning thru the content one isn't taking time to appreciate the story.

That argument only works, if you are using the story to level... But theres plenty of other content that allows you to level... STF's for instance.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014

The OP made Level 60 today - Congratulations. Seriously. What's wrong with saying something nice?

This doesn't feel right.

Today I watched as one player in open Pestf channel openly berated anyone who could not generate 10K minimum. In open channel. No one argued with him.

If you like to play as your favourite ship, or as a healer or a tank, you don't matter anymore. That's not my impression, it's what players overwhelmingly are thinking. And saying.

2 guys whom I've enjoyed running STF's with on and off for three years called it quits today. I'll admit it was something I could see coming - the spark died somewhere between the 500-day R&D slog, and killing the one thing that kept us occupied between releases.

---

The launch went well - light years difference from LoR. But something is missing.

And it's not just about grinding the dilithium. I can buy it.

Running STF's, training others to run stfs, challenging ourselves to do it differently - or just grinding our way through it time after time with the same people - that's the real reward and laughing our asses off the whole time.

Playing with people you've built friendships over years of play with can't be bought with Zen, and running missions by yourself is not an MMO.

My Two bits.

Admiral Thrax
  • shadow71shadow71 Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2014

Stop being mad.

This is so sad and please before you go into the whole "stop being mad" I been here way too long to even bother being mad (which actually seems childish of you to state). However you need a girl/boyfriend or wife/husband because you clearly have no life. I have been here since beta and I will tell you this.. we have all seen guys like you that come and go because of this same style of play. GET A LIFE PAL.
    edited October 2014
    No, mindlessly grinding the same repetitive handful of missions (like STF's) isn't enjoying the new content, it's avoiding it.

But I'm not going to judge someone that enjoys boring mindlessly repetitive tasks. That playstyle doesn't impact my game play, however I will judge the ones who burn thru content and later complain about being bored.

It's too early to tell if the OP will turn out to be one of the latter, so unless he starts complaining kudos on his reaching 60.

Oh no... no no no no... You misunderstand me...

I am not suggesting that you don't play the new missions, merely that some people preferred to go into STF's, level their chars, and then going into the missions.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like all those people judging someone else, because he is judging them. Did you all forget to grew up or something ?

If he wants to spend all his free time grinding, he can, who cares ? Why do you care about what he find fun ?
    Just like nobody really cares about people bragging because they grinded enough to be at some arbitrary level cap in a videogame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Because by burning thru the content one isn't taking time to appreciate the story. That being said in this game one can choose to blast their way to the level cap and then replay the storyline at a leisurely pace so the only difference between power levelers and everyone else is that they get bored faster and star whining sooner about not having anything to do.

So kudos to the OP on his speed but now he'll have to embrace the boredom of mindless grinding.

Considering how little experience those new episodes rewards or how few of them there are, depending on how you look at it, no one gets around mindless grinding or numerous re-runs of old episodes anyways. The Kobali ground part starts at level 53 for example, and rewards an enormous 10-15% of the exp needed until the next levelup and the start of the next episode. So what difference does it make when you do the grind? None, right.
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Ah well, still at level 53 - and I'm fine with that. I am playing AT MY OWN PACE, enjoying the immersion and new content/episodes with absolutely ZERO interest in how quickly I reach level 60. And I am DEFNITELY not going to spend eight unhealthly hours glued to a PC just so I can say 'LOOK AT ME, I'M A FLEET ADMIRAL!'

And I sadly suspect that many of those who raced to level 60, because they just HAD to get there as quickly as possible because reasons, will be crying about being bored in the not-too-distant future. :rolleyes:

Can anyone say who were the first players to reach level 50? Doubt it. And even if they could, who cares?

I reached level 50 on the first day after they raised the cap... Took me about 2 hours.
    edited October 2014
    man some but hurt jelly ppl in here even though they will never admit it

i didnt say it in my other post but congratz OP wish they had achievement like server first like in wow then they really be jelly ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Stop being mad.

Fun Fact: The average work period is typically 8 hours so, this doesn't speak well for what you did with the rest of your day!

Get out and, do something creative with your other 8 hours!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hit 60 this morning, and I primarily was doing Argala patrol on elite. very nice :) it's even better to team up with your friends or fleet mates for patrols.
    Galactic Horde.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When I reached 60, I didn't get my Fleet Admiral pips. Quinn owes me...

*grabs anti-captain conformity pulsewave rifle*

Back off, BACK OFF! I play this game how I want! :P
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bragg about what? Bragging about getting to level 60, is like me bragging about putting on pants which btw I totally nailed, didn't think the button would hold :D

Call me when you max out your traits :P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Bragg about what? Bragging about getting to level 60, is like me bragging about putting on pants which btw I totally nailed, didn't think the button would hold :D

Congratulations.:)

I tried putting my pants on in elite mode, the button was too hard and sadly I lost that battle. :(

I think I need a team to support me.

Also, grats to the OP, if the simple things in life make you happy, then I envy you. :)

This.

10chars.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bragging about anything you do in STO is a sure sign you need to see a mental health professional.
  • bortensbortens Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Not mad, just if hitting level 60 in a couple of hours/days is the biggest thing you can brag about on any given day... you may want to get a life, especially as you pointed out it's not that unique.
    shadow71 wrote: »
    This is so sad and please before you go into the whole "stop being mad" I been here way too long to even bother being mad (which actually seems childish of you to state). However you need a girl/boyfriend or wife/husband because you clearly have no life. I have been here since beta and I will tell you this.. we have all seen guys like you that come and go because of this same style of play. GET A LIFE PAL.

ITT: infantiles playing the life card as if they ever lived.

gratz, op!
    im level 60 too, now for the specialization grind. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I played 3.75 hours last night and made it to 55, but I had already tested on Tribble and so did not need to spend a ton of time just looking around at the new things. My Fleet is doing a bunch of Advanced queues tonight so I will probably be 60 by tomorrow.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.