test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Rising More Like Delta Waves

macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
Logged in today first time. I was expecting some seriously crazy battles with instant deaths and dangers. Instead I get a 30 minute (1 hour or more on some) run with top DPS ships and massive boredom playing the same old content we have done for years.

Massive more hulls, massive shields, massive resistance to drains. But no additional intelligence or challenge. Not seeing the so called AI ... just spam, million HP ships and lots of button mashing. Even my super fun Vesta Science ship is a snooze fest. I wasn't even feeling any of the adrenaline from dangerous enemies. And to add insult to injury they nerf dilithium reward to 480. Silly.

Have to say that the boredom factor more than anything else kills my interest in STO DR. Maybe it will be interesting after a re-balance pass.

Oh and ... 1 more space STF ... in a brand new expansions. LOL! So called content patches have 3x as much new raids / flashpoints, etc.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
Post edited by macronius on

Comments

• Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The art team. And the guys who thought up the storyline. Great job! And the ground... love it

But as many have said, a longer battle is not a better one.

The ingredients are there. The ai shares heals. And there is evidence of some good ai patchwork.

If i were to give advice. Yes, by all means give them more survivability. But not by hull hp.....

get them to speed.... get them to buff... have high defence. Let them heal and resist. The debuffs are great. Make it so we need to watch the abilities they are using. To pick a good moment, or to clear thair buffs with the intel abilities.....

And for tanks... you hit a good balance with the cardassian ships(before delta)

I see evidence of speed tanking with the frigates. It even looks like they have a weak impulse capacitance cell.

You gave us some fantastic abilities. But the npc's are so bricky they are of no real benifit...

How about weak hulled guy that can self heal. And have crazy weapons power. You can take them out. But only if you destract and stay off weapons lock.

I know what you are attempting to do, all have very rare weapons and good gear within thair grasp. More weapon modds. And the ability to make your own ultra rare.

But you must remember that people who play dont gain that kind of power just from levaling up. It isnt until they hit max leval and start hitting the reputation and pve queues.

I have a new alt.... and if i werent as knowlagable and skilled as i am..... if i were a noob. It wouldnt be pleasant having a battle last that long. I would leave
    nerf.jpg]