test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Old STFs

tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
I had a feeling this would happen. The old STF queues are dead empty, nobody wants to do them anymore and will likely be that way for a while. :mad: I was rushing to get the Borg ones done before DR went live. Made it to the very last one with my main Klingon but couldn't get into it in time. Literally waited until the last few moments, giving up 5 minutes before the servers went down for the patching. Now I've been waiting for 40 minutes to get in.
Post edited by tilarium1979 on

Comments

• strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Welcome to the KDF. :P
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tell me about it being hard. I got into the advanced finally... we got our butts kicked, and the auto-defeat now sucks.
    edited October 2014
    Good Q! They made all of the queues impossible now. Just did the advanced version of the CE, usually we can wipe the floor with it within 10 minutes on the old elite (which the current advanced is supposed to be equal to) but this time, we all were getting our butts kicked.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good Q! They made all of the queues impossible now. Just did the advanced version of the CE, usually we can wipe the floor with it within 10 minutes on the old elite (which the current advanced is supposed to be equal to) but this time, we all were getting our butts kicked.
    I'm surprised you didn't see that coming - they made a whole blog about how the changes were going to affect all the queues.

And actually, Advanced is supposed to be even more difficult than the old Elite, not equal. That was also stated
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    trek21 wrote: »
    I'm surprised you didn't see that coming - they made a whole blog about how the changes were going to affect all the queues.

And actually, Advanced is supposed to be even more difficult than the old Elite, not equal. That was also stated

Just makes me wonder how people are supposed te get VR mats and stuff like the nerual processors now.

To get them you have to beat advanced. To even have a chance to beat advanced you already need to be decked out with all the fancy stuff you'd want to collect those ressources in the first place. Kind of killing the whole rep & crafting system there.
    edited October 2014
    Just makes me wonder how people are supposed te get VR mats and stuff like the nerual processors now.

To get them you have to beat advanced. To even have a chance to beat advanced you already need to be decked out with all the fancy stuff you'd want to collect those ressources in the first place. Kind of killing the whole rep & crafting system there.
    Well, that's just it; the new queue difficulties are still newly released, and thus there's time to consider and retune if needed.

Geko himself has posted about it: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1253091
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We did KAGE… erm… KAGA yesterday in an elite team and didn’t have any problems but it was kinda twice as hard as before. Tac drones are now Heavies and all Heavies are now Elite… yea about a dozen Elite drones to fight. Well it was doable for us in an “advanced” team where I know the players for years.

In a pug… no way… you have better chance to succeed in winning a lock box ship than to succeed in winning a simple endgame queue now.

Hope cryptic fixes this asap. Make current advanced next elite and give us back the mode and reward we were used to as quick fix. Enter something exiting for the elite in the long run. Just burning more hull hit points is lame! Exchanging enemies or generating more is at least a bit better if the development of more challenging npc AI to difficult to implement.

All an all I want to play harder contend by choice not by force cuz it makes all new upgrade mechanics absurd.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Everyone is too busy doing the new story missions and leveling up and upgrading their equipment to play PvE queues. Give it time.

I will be lvl 60 with all Mk14 VR/UR consoles and Mk13 UR weapons before I try the queues.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    Everyone is too busy doing the new story missions and leveling up and upgrading their equipment to play PvE queues. Give it time.

I will be lvl 60 with all Mk14 VR/UR consoles and Mk13 UR weapons before I try the queues.

I can see that it's supposed to be the new lvl 60 engame content but it's kinda dumb that you need that mk14 VR/UR stuff just to farm marks and items you need for buying mk12 VR stuff. Somewhat seems the wrong way round here. :confused:
  • archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was trying to finish my STF optional objective accolade before the update, but I still have Infected ground to complete.
    Now it'll be impossible.
    On the off chance I complete the Advance with optional objectives, dose any one know or think it will count towards the old accolade?
    When I read the blog, I thought the Advance will be the same as the Elite pre-update and new Elite is for level 60 and such.
    edited October 2014
    I was trying to finish my STF optional objective accolade before the update, but I still have Infected ground to complete.
    Now it'll be impossible.
    On the off chance I complete the Advance with optional objectives, dose any one know or think it will count towards the old accolade?
    When I read the blog, I thought the Advance will be the same as the Elite pre-update and new Elite is for level 60 and such.
    Actually, it was a little more 'Advanced to be harder than the old Elite', essentially built for fresh lvl 60 and such. New Elite is best-of-the-best lvl 60, including mk 14 gear

But don't despair; by all the comments so far, Space queues are a lot more difficult than the Ground post-update. Plus it's only launch day, and things can still be retuned
    Was named Trek17.

• alen9thalen9th Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I tryed new ISA with guys from public STF and it was preety fun for us...at least for me...it i am DPS mogai and i was in there with 3 cruisers and 1 more DPS...it was hard and we bairly miss optional like 30 sec after time run out we killed tac cube...but at the end we all agreed it was fun...still diff need to be slightly decrese...we were all in more or less in full mk XIII ultra stuff...this time truly fealt iam figjting real Borg cube...still i would rather see better AI then insane amount of HP...
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had a feeling this would happen. The old STF queues are dead empty, nobody wants to do them anymore and will likely be that way for a while. :mad: I was rushing to get the Borg ones done before DR went live. Made it to the very last one with my main Klingon but couldn't get into it in time. Literally waited until the last few moments, giving up 5 minutes before the servers went down for the patching. Now I've been waiting for 40 minutes to get in.

"The Old STFs" isn't equal to "The old STF queues" because The OLD STFs were two part not queued missions.
    edited October 2014

Yesterday, before the down time and upgrade, I did the ground part of borg queen. We had 1 person leave before we got rid of the first round of drones at the very start! We had another person leave in the Queens chamber. It took a while to do it, but the 3 of us that stuck it out managed to take the Queen down. So long to epic moments like that!
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have already completed some of the adavnce queues already. They are not impossible. They are artificially difficult due to high hit points. But once you are level 60 with some beefed up weapons they will get better. I welcome this. The problem is that the Devs should of made NPCs use more powers and cross heal each other instead of raising the hit points so high. But I will reserve final judgement when I am level 60 with some starship mastery and specializationcomplete.
    320x240.jpg
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can see that it's supposed to be the new lvl 60 engame content but it's kinda dumb that you need that mk14 VR/UR stuff just to farm marks and items you need for buying mk12 VR stuff. Somewhat seems the wrong way round here. :confused:

Well , first you had Rep systems where you went through the content to get gear to get better at going through the same content .

Then you got your Crafting system that you either payed , or were left to "craft" for months / years , depending on how often you log in .

And now we have things the way you described them .

... good times ... :(
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The only issue I have seen thus far, with advanced ground missions is, the undine mission bugged, therefore cannot even start it.

Borg ground missions, a bit tougher with added elites replacing tac drones, still seeing borg running (sprinting) in KAGE, elite drones constantly aoe knock downs.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have been waiting for the thing to finish patching for about 14 hours, so I wont judge you guys. pre-DR elite stfs have always been my ABSOLUTE favorite pve of all time, just wait on the platform instead of risking my neck on the plasma in Manus Elite, follow everyone around in KISE, shoot drones on sight in ground cure elite. After hearing about the new advanced level... I WANT MY ELITE STFS BACK!!!!:mad:
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    what a*shole replaces heavy tac drones with elite drones? Hope that does not happen on defera
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lessley00 wrote: »
    what a*shole replaces heavy tac drones with elite drones? Hope that does not happen on defera

Only did KAGE and yea…. its the way it is now! And regular tacs become heavies’ as well as more drones to fight in sum.

My team and I had much fun cuz we are very good at ground borg STF and could handle it pretty fine. One might say this is the difficulty we have hoped for but not at the expanse of the vast majority of STO players.

I also pug a lot, if two in my team would have been newbies I bet the mission would have failed.

And sadly this game doesnt offer any reasonable alternatives atm.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated