test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why hasn't Cryptic revealed the ship upgrade Token cost?

stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
We are close to DR launch, and yet there is not a single news from Cryptic on the cost for these ship upgrade tokens. When will this important information be released?
StarTrekIronMan.jpg
Post edited by stark2k on

Comments

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you gotta ask how much it is, then you can't afford it.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    We are close to DR launch, and yet there is not a single news from Cryptic on the cost for these ship upgrade tokens. When will this important information be released?

At the same time as the more important information, the cost of T6 ships, October 14th...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I swear I have seen this exact thread before...like a million times.... :confused:
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Because this is a pr issue.

cryptic will say that "they are discussing it" but lol
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep, just five more days.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm leaning toward it being last minute, so that folks won't have thought to save for them so they'll end up spending cash for Zen instead of having converted Dil to Zen...
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Be patient. In 5 days you will know. No need for Cryptic to start yet another rage wave.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    didn't they say the upgrade would cost between 500z to 1000z?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Make no doubt about it: This is ENTIRELY intentional.

It will likely be high. Plan on no lower than 1k zen. Sticker shock is best coated with the new shinines and distractions of DR.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    didn't they say the upgrade would cost between 500z to 1000z?
    yeppers. it's right in the blog.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm leaning toward it being last minute, so that folks won't have thought to save for them so they'll end up spending cash for Zen instead of having converted Dil to Zen...

What difference would that make? Cryptic gets their money either way.

I'll never understand the desire to look for dark conspiracies in the most innocuous things. We already know the upgrade token price is going to be between 500 and 1000 ZEN; if that's not enough information to plan ahead, I really don't know what to tell you.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I agree since they just had a ship sale to get people to spend saved zen.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My cracked crystal ball is telling anywhere between 1 Zen and 10 billion Zen....
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well that and the fact that I am having issues buying 5 bucks worth of Zen via the in game Zen store. I checked the ARC and they only sell 10 dollars or more. What gives?

Is the game still selling 5 dollars worth of Zen? Or are they gearing up to change that as well so it can correlate to a possible high ship upgrade token price?

It all sounds and looks fishy to me. :(

To be fair I launch the game via STEAM, so it is now having communication issues between STEAM wallet and the Zen store. However; as stated before, I checked ARC and they do not sell less than 10 dollars worth of Zen, its not even game specific. As Zen is transferred between the many PWE Games.

Thing is STO sells 5 dollars worth of ZEN, is ARC not tailored to match STO prices?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    My cracked crystal ball is telling anywhere between 1 Zen and 10 billion Zen....

Five hundred and one thousand are between one and ten billion, yes.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well that and the fact that I am having issues buying 5 bucks worth of Zen via the in game Zen store. I checked the ARC and they only sell 10 dollars or more. What gives?

Is the game still selling 5 dollars worth of Zen? Or are they gearing up to change that as well so it can correlate to a possible high ship upgrade token price?

I think you dropped this... *hands him a tin-foil hat*
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014

the 5 buck option was removed when the website went to arc about 8 months ago.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

It's not just STO. Arc/PWE in general doesn't have a $5 charging option anymore, for any of its games.

Which is frustrating and annoying, but again, not a conspiracy.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    the 5 buck option was removed when the website went to arc about 8 months ago.

but we are still able to purchase 5 bucks worth of zen from in game? Or is that changing as well?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    It's not just STO. Arc/PWE in general doesn't have a $5 charging option anymore, for any of its games.

Which is frustrating and annoying, but again, not a conspiracy.

I guess that answers it, they should update their in game prices to reflect this. So in the end the ship upgrade cost will be 10 dollars a token. Borderline double dipping if you ask me.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    but we are still able to purchase 5 bucks worth of zen from in game? Or is that changing as well?
    don't know. i don't usually buy in the game. i buy from the website.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guys read the blog...it will be between 500-1000z. We've known this for a while now. If people haven't been saving up for T5u or T6 that's not Cryptic's fault.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How much will it cost if you want to upgrade a fleet ship? Surely it can't be 1000 zen?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    rakija879 wrote: »
    How much will it cost if you want to upgrade a fleet ship? Surely it can't be 1000 zen?

Upgrade tokens should have the same cost regardless. (Also, upgrading the fleet version of a ship will upgrade the regular version (where applicable) for free.)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Guys read the blog...it will be between 500-1000z. We've known this for a while now. If people haven't been saving up for T5u or T6 that's not Cryptic's fault.

Well for sure it will be 10 dollars, just from the simple fact they removed the 5 dollar option altogether should at least bring up some RED FLAGS, that and the fact that they have yet revealed the cost soo late in the game.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We're all gonna die!

Hi mom!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    rakija879 wrote: »
    it's 500 to 1000 zen, don't know yet. when you upgrade a ship it's upgrade account wide. so if you upgrade a fleet defiant on character a it's upgraded on character b too if he has a fleet defiant.

the tokens will also be like fleet modules and can be sold/bought on the exchange.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    goodscotch wrote: »
    We're all gonna die!

Hi mom!

Well I hope nobody dies :P
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well for sure it will be 10 dollars, just from the simple fact they removed the 5 dollar option altogether should at least bring up some RED FLAGS, that and the fact that they have yet revealed the cost soo late in the game.

...there are still lots of items in the C-Store that cost less than 10 dollars. And again, the wallet change was across all games, not just STO. You're reading way too much into this.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    What difference would that make? Cryptic gets their money either way.

I'll never understand the desire to look for dark conspiracies in the most innocuous things. We already know the upgrade token price is going to be between 500 and 1000 ZEN; if that's not enough information to plan ahead, I really don't know what to tell you.

It's not a dark conspiracy in the least - it's simply how it will look on the books when doing the financials. Don't get all peevey just because that's beyond your understanding.