test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many things you think will be broken on Dilithium Rising release?

neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
Judging from a bunch of OP abilities, items, and sets. Who here thinks DR is going to be pretty broken on release?

I'm guessing the Intel ships are probably going to come broken. As of yet none are available on tribble to test. Maybe cryptic doesn't want people to test them, as already they make reports on stupid things to cryptic that are unbalanced, bugs, that they ignore.

Every release STO has made is full of bugs and broken things, Dilithium Rising imho is going to be their biggest bug filled release.

It's going to be a laugh fest. Not ha ha funny, more like ha ha cry.
Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
Post edited by neppakyo on

Comments

• Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neppakyo wrote: »
    Judging from a bunch of OP abilities, items, and sets. Who here thinks DR is going to be pretty broken on release?

I'm guessing the Intel ships are probably going to come broken. As of yet none are available on tribble to test. Maybe cryptic doesn't want people to test them, as already they make reports on stupid things to cryptic that are unbalanced, bugs, that they ignore.

Every release STO has made is full of bugs and broken things, Dilithium Rising imho is going to be their biggest bug filled release.

I don't mind a moan, I moan myself - but seriously? PREDICTING things to moan about?

To quote the Shatner: "Get a life".
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Go on tribble, a lot of this stuff is funny as how stupid it is.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Go on tribble, a lot of this stuff is funny as how stupid it is.

Enough about the player base, how is the game? :P
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I predict a revival of long missed bugs, who come back to virtual life with every major update. Even now my mail button blinks although I have no mail whatsoever. :D
  • Options
    cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2014

You know, I really don't understand this attitude. But that's just me, I guess.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Like all WORK-IN-PROGRESS things are not going to be perfect. But in the end they'll figure out how to solve issues if they do appear. I see patches around the clock today.

Their primary focus is on DR so the mail icon blinking not going to change yet. Give this time. Don't they have a short staff there already that was mentioned by one of their crew. Then things will take time then.

I don't know about you all but 10 more days seems to long to release the next major game-play. If they're ready to go now make is so? If not I guess more missions more Tier 6 ships more and more DR things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Heh coolheadal, season releases are hilarious here in STO-land. The most funest was sever extremely unstable and they didn't know why for a few days. It's always entertaining to see what new bugs and broken things are going to be.

Hell, they barely fix bugs that have been around from beta. Alot of STO fans have built in blinders, regardless of problems. Fry says it best

http://www.leviathyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/fry-take-my-money.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Heh coolheadal, season releases are hilarious here in STO-land. The most funest was sever extremely unstable and they didn't know why for a few days. It's always entertaining to see what new bugs and broken things are going to be.

Hell, they barely fix bugs that have been around from beta. Alot of STO fans have built in blinders, regardless of problems. Fry says it best

http://www.leviathyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/fry-take-my-money.jpg

Your HOT LINK is saying you're a Bad Boy...

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No doubt there will be more network and random disconnect issues. Not sure how server traffic will be, but from past content releases since LoR, I doubt there will be log-in queues.

Expect a lot of minor issues and not so many showstoppers. No doubt voiceovers will be hooked up at the last minute, so expect Harry Kim to have Seven of Nine's voice, Neelix with the Doctor's, etc. Upgrade system is still a bit of a mess so hold off on that. Have leveling contingencies to fall back on in the event that the level 50-60 episodes are bugged and halt progress. Prepare to re-claim any of the new ships if they end up being broken at launch. Be sure to plan your specialization point investments in advance. Ship upgrade tokens were recently changed on tribble so that upgrading a non-fleet version of a ship also applies to the fleet version and vice versa. This also means you can except ship upgrade tokens to have a higher than expected zen price, so plan accordingly. Also expect a lot of previously squashed bugs to make a nefarious return. *coughLOADOUTScough*

It's gonna be a mess, and it's gonna make you rage, head-desk, facepalm, and whine incessantly. :P
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Every game has issues when they are released. Even the MMO giant WoW. Every time they bring out a new patch, expansion. Their stuff is messed up for a good week or more at times. Specially after new expansions. They shut down servers and updates for off/on. So just sit back and don't get into a rush playing it. They will iron out the bugs.

Myself I won't be going into the new DR areas until a week or 2 passes anyways. I done this for years on WoW and on this game. So by time I get there. Chances of seeing issues is far less. Plus it gives the area to clear out of all the people dying to see new stuff.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Imho with all the changes, and the amounts of bugs still on tribble. This release is going to be the worst bug/stability wise ever for STO.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can understand the desire to want to manage expectations and all...

But no matter how terrible or bad Cryptic's QA is, and how many bugs you have found so far after new releases and playing this game overall... You're still playing. So maybe it does not actually matter?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Sadly this broken game is the only Star Trek game to play. If that fan made Star Trek Bridge Commander 2 is ever finished and is good, i'll be there.

I say abandon STO and make a new one. The game engine is horribly outdated, and wasnt very good to begin with.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    how long have loadouts been totally broken

why would DR be any different
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    heh, loadouts have been broken since it was released. And the mail bug thats over 2 years old now. List the bugs you know of that havent been fixed!

D'kora EMP console CD reduced by a2b is one I remember.
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Actually they do pick people to test new ships. saw 2 people flying Eclipses on tribble yesterday.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, I expect server and login issues the first few days since release. I also expect a few rough edges and minor bugs that'll need ironing out in emergency patches as well.

I however do expect the core of the game to work fine. And as a side note it will make my day if Borg Spheres began darting all over the place again. That was one 'bug' that didn't need fixing!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Actually they do pick people to test new ships. saw 2 people flying Eclipses on tribble yesterday.

Are they cryptic brown nosers, or people who actually give feedback about possible problems or OPness?

hahahaha Almost kept a straight face. Like cryptic listens to anyones genuine concerns.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    :(
    Sadly this broken game is the only Star Trek game to play. If that fan made Star Trek Bridge Commander 2 is ever finished and is good, i'll be there.

I say abandon STO and make a new one. The game engine is horribly outdated, and wasnt very good to begin with.
    Do you think a fan product will have better quality, or will you merely be more forgiving?

Interestingly, other Startrek Online game attempts seemed to have failed or not yet reached fruition yet. One has to wonder why, considering that Startrek Fans apparently will forgive any number of mistakes just as long as they get to play Startrek?

It's ultimately a bad excuse for playing this game. There are other Star Trek games. Maybe not as recent, but why does it have to be an MMO, if you only want Star Trek? Aside from the terrible bugs, what does this game really have to offer?

Not to mention that it does actually not really matter if Cryptic releases Delta Rising with bugs on time, or not on time but with less bugs. If the first 2 months Delta Rising is bug-riddled, but not so terrible as that it breaks the server continously. SO you have the choice of leveling your character on the new tier, play wit the new toys and missions, and deal with the occasional bug, or wait another 2 months playing the exact same game you had since Season 9.5. What is really better for you, as a player?
    Are they cryptic brown nosers, or people who actually give feedback about possible problems or OPness?

hahahaha Almost kept a straight face. Like cryptic listens to anyones genuine concerns.

Who do you think crypticfrost works for? Santa Claws?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.