test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Abysmal Sitcom dialogue/music in ESD, Sol System, NR Command

nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Just like it says, when entering ESD I started hearing this really awful sitcom like dialogue and abysmal music coming out of nowhere, not suppressing the in-game sound but much much louder then it. Left and found it to be in Sol system as well.

Changed several sound options, deleted all chat chennels to make sure it was not a bug thtere, no good. I switched to a Romulan character of mine, and it was present in NR Command and NR orbit as well.

Next step was to exit STO and log back on. No good, was still there.

It is extremely annoying, and the quality is less t hen abysmal.
Post edited by nathrael on

Comments

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Check voice chat, most likely a channel you're in is voice enabled and somebody doesn't have push-to-talk enabled.

Generally safe to just disable voice chat entirely.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Well, sometimes it's someone's cheesy voice added to background dialogue. The Summer event's is so cheesy, it has to be a developer.

.....it's really good

Or

.....that's really good

Not sure which one of the two, but it's right up there for me as annoying as "Kurland here..."
  • Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Whatever was causing it, it seems to have stopped. Lasted for a period of roughly an hour since I first reported it,

Was definitely not a chat channel, cause I shut off/deactivated all chat channels at first-thinking that was the cause. As far as voice chat it is disabled, have never used it. Have not heard it since then so maybe it was a random glitch of some sort.