test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgraded MKXIII MACO Shields have same stats?!?

lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
Just to try out the new system and see what it's all about, I used some free Tech upgrades I got in today's events, and a couple more that I figured out how to craft, to upgrade my Mk XII MACO Shields to Mk XIII MACO Shields.

Before Upgrade (at Mk XII) Shield Cap was 7,437.8 and Regeneration was 190.7.

After Upgrade (now Mk XIII) the Cap and Regen remained the same (?!?)

Why the heck did I bother to waste the time, resources (including Dilithium) to upgrade if there's not going to be an improvement?

I'm very disappointed. I'm hoping this is a bug, and I've reported as one (Support tkt #140925-001557).

:mad:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• isvarnaisvarna Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Did you check the stats on an actual instance map and not on ground or sector space. Stats are known to display a little wonky there.
    ↓ ↓ This is why we can't have nice things. ↓ ↓
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was disappointed as well. My Deflector and Engine showed a small but definite bump in stats, the shield, rock solid as it was with just another I tacked on the end.
    isvarna wrote: »
    Did you check the stats on an actual instance map and not on ground or sector space. Stats are known to display a little wonky there.

Yup. checked both. Also in an eSTF,... No change. My shield capacity DID go up some, from my upgraded shield generators, bu the shield itself, no change.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same thing happened to me with shields. The stats didn't change. The new system is so convoluted I figured I missed a step somewhere.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You should be glad that it remained the same and didn't loose stats like some items on tribble. The whole upgrading stuff is still a buggy mess and it's astonishing they released it on holodeck.
    edited September 2014
    Same thing happened to me with shields. The stats didn't change. The new system is so convoluted I figured I missed a step somewhere.

Don't feel bad, not just you. Everything else I upgraded, that could be upgraded, showed an increase in stats, sometimes small, sometimes substantial, but the increase was there. Not the MACO shield though.

I also agree, it is overly convoluted and expensive.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited September 2014

convoluted... I don't think that the word you want.

it's simple

1. slot the item you want to upgrade

2. slot the upgrade tech

2b. slot the accelerator if you have one

3. push the confirm button

3b. push the upgrade button if you can.

4 repeat as desired.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here, I upgraded my tachyokinetic converter to Mk XIII and the stats stayed the same.
    Do you think it's worth filing a ticket?
    edited September 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    convoluted... I don't think that the word you want.

it's simple

2. slot the upgrade tech

3b. push the upgrade button if you can.

4 repeat as desired.

2. slot the upgrade tech

3b. repeat step 2 up to 50x depending on other factors, paying 700 dilithium each time.

4 repeat as desired.

FIFY
  • casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I upgraded my Adapted Maco shield and they went from 9696 to 10139. Not a huge change but still and upgrade, maybe it's just the Maco shield that is bugged. You should go ahead and submit a ticket for it and post this on the holodeck bug report forum instead of the general discussion forum.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've been hearing about it on various channels about some stuff not upgradable and some stuff not having any changes. Hope you guys are reporting the bugs properly too, because forum posts can be lost in high traffic. Especially when people make 30 different posts about the same thing in different threads.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Upgrading my Mk XII warp core from the dilithium mine didn't change its stats either.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sicjeb wrote: »
    Same here, I upgraded my tachyokinetic converter to Mk XIII and the stats stayed the same.
    Do you think it's worth filing a ticket?

It's certainly worth mentioning somewhere. If an individual item doesn't actually improve, the devs probably have to look into it. Might be interesting to seee if the stats are different if you transfer the character to Tribble (if you have access to Tribble.) If yes, then the bug is probably fixed already for the actual release of Delta Rising. And if not, you can post it in the Tribble Feedback forum. (maybe you can do this anyway.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one with a similar problem, while at the same time disappointed and frustrated with Cryptic's usual levels of quality control. Well, guess we'll wait and see if/when they fix things.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    some things seem to work, My Fleet adaptive shileds gained extra capacity and improved regen

I did notice the Preview window that said my Maco ground shield would be same stats so I didn't bother

Check that preview windo before slamming into the system with all your rescources
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A few items actually get worse when you upgrade them. The console from Nukara rep loses stats. The Kinetic Cutting Beam loses all of its [Dmg] mods.

They're aware of many of these bugs, so I hope they'll be fixed, but given how many buggy items the R&D system still produces I won't hold my breath waiting.
  • divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Upgrading my Mk XII warp core from the dilithium mine didn't change its stats either.

Yea, my spire warp core had the same stats at MK 13 as it did at MK12 also :(

I just hope it can be corrected later on.
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Klingon Honor Guard Covariant Shield Array Mk XIII has the same stats as MK XII when upgraded.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There are many many bugged items that don't have any stat increases when they increase in mark or rarity. File an in-game bug report from the "?" button under the minimap so Cryptic can get them all fixed.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one with a similar problem, while at the same time disappointed and frustrated with Cryptic's usual levels of quality control. Well, guess we'll wait and see if/when they fix things.

I'm still waiting for them to fix the Jem'Hadar set in Tribble. It also gets lower and non-scaling stats.
  • alphacycnusonealphacycnusone Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well there are many bugs, i think 1/3 from the Upgrade System work not as it should.
    Same problem here on upgrading the Solanae Shield no increase from level MK XII to MK XIII it shows the same Stats as the MK XII.

They have it released in Beta State still unfinished Work and not tested out.

And by the way i recomend not to upgrade before you reach Level 15 on Tech Level.
    If you make it with basic and just advanced Tech Upgrades it cost a lot more of Dilithium as with only Superior Tech Upgrades.

I boykot the System its still Beta before it is not fixed, i run no Ugrades i waste not my Money for poor Greed Managment from Perfect World.
    A Star has died in a massive Supernova Explosion,at the same time he gave us the life.
    Yes we are all just made ​​of Stardust.
    After a certain time the Stardust starts even to think.
    Is that not fantastic?
  • drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I upgraded my dyson space shields. got an increase to shield strenght and and small increase to sheild heal over time skill.. not great, but not bad either. So i tried the dyson ground gun. And altough the damage stats increased nicely, it is now no longer part of the 3 piece set. Hover mouse over other to pieces, still mk xii they show 2/3 set pieces, but don't recognize the gun. hover the mouse over the gun it shows ZERO of three pieces.. IE the gun doesn't even recognized itself as part of the set anymore. Tried it in a battlezone and its not just a display glitch, I have lost the 3 piece skill abliity. Rechecked the space shield and it shows as part of the set even at mk xiii. But the ground set breaks on upgrade.

Decided to avoid anymore 'upgrades' till craptic gets this sorted.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Watchout with the dyson riffle upgrading it to MKIII. It only will boost the basic shot, not the secondary one. So there is no point in the upgrade. But meh, this happens in almost any item you try to upgrade lol... :confused: