test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Special Retail Items - Upgradable?

artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
Will the various leveless pre-order items be upgradable come Delta Rising?

The potential to upgrade some of these to level 14 gold would be awesome.

Ground
Chromodynamic Armour (Steam) (Mk II so maybe)
Multi-spatial Personal Shield (Direct2Drive) (no level so no)
TR-116A Rifle - Sniper Rifle (Target or Game) (Mk I but no)

Space
Neodymium Deflector Array (SyFy) (no level so no)
Red Matter Capacitor (Collector's Edition) (no level so no)

Console
Console - Tactical - Automated Defence Turret (Digital Deluxe Edition) (no level so no)
Console - Tactical - Light Phaser Satellite Turret (Steam) (no level so no)
Console - Engineering - Radiometric Converter (Direct2Drive) (no level so no)
Console - Science - Emergency Medical Hologram (Atari) (no level so no)

Edit: Added the answers as far as I can tell.
22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
'...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
'...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I know the answer for the TR-116A is no.

but for the rest I would guess no as they have no lvl or even have the leveless markings on the icon.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    but for the rest I would guess no as they have no lvl or even have the leveless markings on the icon.

The Chromodynamic Armor is a Mk II item. And I don't think it would be gamebreaking to make it upgradeable.

The Automated Defense Turret is levelless and non-scaling it does a fixed 40 plasma damage to random nearby targets, which is basically enough to clear targetable torpedoes, and not much else. I don't think it needs an upgrade.

I can't speak about the rest, as I don't own them, but my impression is that the Red Matter Capacitor is powerful enough, thanks. :P
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    The Chromodynamic Armor is a Mk II item. And I don't think it would be gamebreaking to make it upgradeable.

The Automated Defense Turret is levelless and non-scaling it does a fixed 40 plasma damage to random nearby targets, which is basically enough to clear targetable torpedoes, and not much else. I don't think it needs an upgrade.

I can't speak about the rest, as I don't own them, but my impression is that the Red Matter Capacitor is powerful enough, thanks. :P

I own the the automated defense turret and it has no Infinity symbol (∞) so not leveless has no level, same goes for the red matter, multi-spatial personal shield and Light Phaser Satellite Turret which I also own.
    I have checked tribble none are upgradeable.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the answers :).
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!