test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Marks to Dilithium Conversion ... its REALLY boring

shinzonisbackshinzonisback Member Posts: 330
edited October 2014 in Reputation System
Hi guys, I opened this thread to discuss about an idea (hoping some devs to see this thread):

Sometimes I need to convert some Marks (mainly Omega Marks) to get dilithium, but men: its really boring -_-

I have to stay there and wait wait wait, getting 500 dil each time: its annoying.
PLEASE, DO SOMETHING

create some NPCs which you select the amount of marks you want to convert and puff: converted.
without doing that stupid and senseless, boring reputation projects.

Also, I'd like if vendors would be updated too: its boring to stay there buying max 100 object each time: remove that senseless limit, please D:
Italian Player - Forgive my bad English

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by shinzonisback on

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, converting marks to dilithium is really annoy which is why I don't really do it.

I'm sure I am in the same boat as a lot of people who have an excessive amount of Omega and Nukara marks. At least I try converting some into dil during the dil bonus week... but I tend to fall asleep after doing it more than 9 consecutive times in a row....
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have already expressed something about this issue!

My proposal, was to allow a project to be made available for each reputation.

No limit, as to how many marks can be contributed, but would be in 50 increments.

Once the marks are entered, a timer will begin. (equivalent to marks total/50X15secs., example 5000 Omega marks=5000/50X15secs.=1500secs., or 25mins. to be exact.)

After the timer has begun, no more marks of that type will be rewarded, until project has finished, and been claimed. (This will not effect the use/spending of existing marks that may be left over, nor will it effect any other Reputation mark gains, that are not running their own individual project.)

All dilithium will be rewarded once claimed, equal to the equivalent of its normal payout, except when bonus weekends apply. (Using above example of 5000 OM's, would pay out 5000/50X500=50,000 dilithium.)

The only limit would be the dilithium hard cap, meaning once you reach 10mill dilithium, no more can be achieved even with this project!

So caution is strongly advised, before agreeing to the project!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Make it even simpler...

A daily project with the typical 20 hour cooldown that allows you convert 50 to 1,000 marks (in multiples of 50) into dilithium ore. That means the project can yield between 500 and 10,000 dilithium ore depending on the number of marks.

At this point in time I would need to run the project 39 times to fully deplete my Omega Marks, but setting up the project is easy.
  • Options
    sannia1sannia1 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was going to suggest something else, but I'll second Jaguar's suggestion instead. Just add projects to convert 500 marks to 5000 dil over 150 seconds.

Any, keep bumping this thread. Hopefully the devs will add it as a last minute change to delta rising.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    We do need some bigger Mark conversion projects, especially after you hit T5 in a rep.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just ran into this last night.
    I got all my rep stuff, so I thought I'd convert all the marks into Ore.
    It took me almost 2 hours of constant effort to go from one rep to the other, selecting the project, queuing the next one up, pressing contribute, sliding the bar, pressing ok, and repeat.
    Some Ongoing effort projects are swapped in position relative to other reps and the Nukara was the worst, having to scroll threw a laundry list of upgrade projects.

I wish the devs actually played so they could see how mundane and frustrating it is to do this.

Just give me an option to run the project, dump as many marks as I have in increments of 50, times that by 500 ore, and multiply the time accordingly, and let me run for each rep and be done with it!

After I was done I was glad I only had so many marks, and didn't have a bunch of alts to do this on too.
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah I'm refusing to convert marks. It's a tedious frustrating system.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If STO mechanics were real life.

Me: Hi, I'd like to convert my US$1000 into GBP.

Teller: Sure thing first let me break that into $1 notes for you, then you can go over there and feed them into that vending machine one at a time to get your GBPs. Remember after inserting to always slide the slider on the touch screen to 100 cents for maximum effect, then you can stand there for 30 secs while the machine processes each request...

Me: :(
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    It's a time gate that works for STO.

It's not perfect. It's annoying enough that it will deter most from letting the stockpiles grow too far.

I generally wait for the Dilithium Weekends, then spend 2 days converting. And chatting. And watching movies on the other monitor.
  • Options
    generalklanggeneralklang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi guys, I opened this thread to discuss about an idea (hoping some devs to see this thread):

Sometimes I need to convert some Marks (mainly Omega Marks) to get dilithium, but men: its really boring -_-

I have to stay there and wait wait wait, getting 500 dil each time: its annoying.
    PLEASE, DO SOMETHING

create some NPCs which you select the amount of marks you want to convert and puff: converted.
    without doing that stupid and senseless, boring reputation projects.

Also, I'd like if vendors would be updated too: its boring to stay there buying max 100 object each time: remove that senseless limit, please D:

Careful what you say, Cryptic will put a godforsaken minigame on mark turnins to make them "fun" like resource nodes, dil mining, radiation scans etc etc
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Careful what you say, Cryptic will put a godforsaken minigame on mark turnins to make them "fun" like resource nodes, dil mining, radiation scans etc etc

You kidding me?
    They'll REMOVE the conversion to Dil ability.
    They'll even high-5 each other and throw a little pizza party after doing it.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's a time gate that works for STO.

It's not perfect. It's annoying enough that it will deter most from letting the stockpiles grow too far.

I generally wait for the Dilithium Weekends, then spend 2 days converting. And chatting. And watching movies on the other monitor.

This, every time.

Patience is a virtue :)