test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lobi gear purchase suggestion ?

tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Academy
Hi everybody,

I don't know in depth the features of most of the top grade ground gear available in game, so I need some advice choosing a little toy.

Most fun seems to me the undine lance, but there's also the choice of the wide minigun and elachi gun.

Minigun is appealing for the wide AoE and the elachi looks very powerful on paper ...

Only got few hundred lobi, so armor stuff seems too expensive.

Thinking to get this for a tactical toon, but got various career options on all sides ...

Any advice from more experienced players, please ?
Post edited by tardes13 on

Comments

• Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nothing till they anounce upgrade-possibilities for delta rising. Else you could have expensive, second rate gear.
  • Options
    tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes, and this is a reason I only consider a 40 lobi purchase, which isn't that much ...

The way i see things, I won't be having any MK 14 gear earlier than 3 months anyway, so why not get this in the meantime ?

Btw, anybody knows the range on these guns ?

I assume minigun is 30 meters, what about elachi/undine ?
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The only Lobi things worth buying are ships and costumes. Ignore the guns and armours.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Ferengi whip of course :D:P
    There are a few very nice ships in the lobi store : Recluse, Mombosh, Palisade and so on ... and I am tempted to take advantage of this lobi discount ... but the problem is : with the T-6 ships and god knows which new lockbox ships ( maybe even T6 ) coming, we'd maybe better off saving the lobis.
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, gambling device is the most powerful ground device in the store, go with it or buy it for a few millions of the exchange. The weapons are second-rate.
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    there are some awesome ships including the recluse in the lobi store as well as some pretty snazy uni consoles weapons are a bit gimmicky but some sets like the Temporal Warfare set synergize real well with the power you get from having the set Gambling device and BOFFs are cool too just steer clear of the ground weapons unless you like using wierd weaponry or want to look the part of some costumes *glances at his Wells Costume* those are my bits about the Lobi store.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Well, gambling device is the most powerful ground device in the store, go with it or buy it for a few millions of the exchange. The weapons are second-rate.

Exchange. Always the exchange for Gambling Devices.

If the OP has their heart set on a ground weapon, then I'd vote for the Elachi hand cannon.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Exchange. Always the exchange for Gambling Devices.

If the OP has their heart set on a ground weapon, then I'd vote for the Elachi hand cannon.

While I second the exchange thing, it always depends on how much you can spend. And surprisingly most people are short on EC.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like the Undine blaster myself. Sooo much fun... :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Elachi gun's secondary fire mode is garbage. It's a moderately long-charging cone blast that roots the firing character. The damage looks great "on paper", but the reality is that nearly every enemy who's faster than a one-legged Borg looks at that red cone under their feet and wanders out of it. I'm lucky to hit anything at all with it, even in narrow hallways and doors.

The Borg Lance and the Voth Minigun have been a lot of fun to play with.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Elachi space stuff is very nice. The only stuff I ever got from the store.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Tholian sword is very nice if you don't have the rep version.

/\