test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Improving older Reputation set items

davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Reputation System
I was looking over the set item lists again and was thinking the some of the older set items need to be improved. A clear way to do so would be to add cores to the sets. Here are my suggestions for the type of cores to add to each set, but I leave it to others as to the other bonuses and modifiers that each set's core should have.

Omega/Borg Rep sets:
Honor Guard/Adapted MACO: Overcharged (Auxiliary) or Field Stablizing (Shield)
MACO/Adapted Honor Guard: Hyper-Injection (Engine) or Overcharged (Auxiliary)
Omega Force: Hyper-Injection (Engine) or Field Stablizing (Shield)
Assimilated Borg: Overcharged (Auxiliary) or Hyper-Injection (Engine)

Romulan Rep sets:
Romulan Prototype: Field Stablizing (Sheild) or Overcharged (Auxiliary)
Reman Advanced Prototype: Field Stablizing (Sheild) or Overcharged (Auxiliary)

Other Sets:
Aegis Technological Research: Field Stablizing (Sheild) or Hyper-Injection (Engine)
Nukara Strikeforce: Hyper-Injection (Shield) or Overcharged (Auxiliary)
Breen Absolute Zero: Field Stablizing (Shield) or Overcharged (Auxiliary)
Jem'Hadar Space Set: Field Stablizing (Shield) or Overcharged (Auxiliary)

As a last thought, the Breen core could be a reward for "Out in the Cold" or "Cold Comfort". The Jem'Hadar core could be a reawrd for "Boldy they Rode".
Post edited by davidwford on

Comments

• welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    I was looking over the set item lists again and was thinking the some of the older set items need to be improved. A clear way to do so would be to add cores to the sets. Here are my suggestions for the type of cores to add to each set, but I leave it to others as to the other bonuses and modifiers that each set's core should have.

Omega/Borg Rep sets:
    Honor Guard/Adapted MACO: Overcharged (Auxiliary) or Field Stablizing (Shield)
    MACO/Adapted Honor Guard: Hyper-Injection (Engine) or Overcharged (Auxiliary)
    Omega Force: Hyper-Injection (Engine) or Field Stablizing (Shield)
    Assimilated Borg: Overcharged (Auxiliary) or Hyper-Injection (Engine)

Romulan Rep sets:
    Romulan Prototype: Field Stablizing (Sheild) or Overcharged (Auxiliary)
    Reman Advanced Prototype: Field Stablizing (Sheild) or Overcharged (Auxiliary)

Other Sets:
    Aegis Technological Research: Field Stablizing (Sheild) or Hyper-Injection (Engine)
    Nukara Strikeforce: Hyper-Injection (Shield) or Overcharged (Auxiliary)
    Breen Absolute Zero: Field Stablizing (Shield) or Overcharged (Auxiliary)
    Jem'Hadar Space Set: Field Stablizing (Shield) or Overcharged (Auxiliary)

As a last thought, the Breen core could be a reward for "Out in the Cold" or "Cold Comfort". The Jem'Hadar core could be a reawrd for "Boldy they Rode".

Sounds like a great idea to me: I've always been a fan of more gear options.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A warp core is one way to improve old sets. Another option is the secondary deflector.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    A warp core is one way to improve old sets. Another option is the secondary deflector.

....the therapists we've taken him/her to:rolleyes:

now now dear....you know there is no such thing as a secondary deflector :P
  • daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For a secondary deflector is got to have a 2 set bonus whit the prime deflector.
    I do hope for Warp-Core for the old reputation.:cool:
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    questerius wrote: »

That is another thought, but it would only be of benefit to science ships (unless they give the Sentenal Star Crusier a secondary deflector to make it a hybrid sci-crusier).

Edit: I was thinking some more, and came up with two possible cores. One for the Aegis, and one for the Omega Force sets. Both are engine power boosters as the impulse engines of the sets are more efficient at high power levels. In both cases, the Matter/Anti-matter core and the singularity core share the same stats much as the other reputation set cores do.

Aegis Hyper-Injection Core:
    + Bonus Engine Power
    + Starship Engine Performance
    + 20% Turn Rate in Slipstream
    Shield to Engine Bonus
    Engine Capacitor

Omega Hyper-Injection Core
    + Bonus Engine Power
    + Starship Batteries
    Slipstream Speed Bonus
    Weapon Capacitor

Any other ideas out there?