test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A place for Tier 5 ships

rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
When one will have occasion to play any of those tier 5 ships that are only playable at level 50 when tier 6 ships are playable at level 50?

If we could use all tier 5s at level 40, at least we can enjoy them while we level up to 50.
giphy.gif
Member since December 2009

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    When one will have occasion to play any of those tier 5 ships that are only playable at level 50 when tier 6 ships are playable at level 50?

If we could use all tier 5s at level 40, at least we can enjoy them while we level up to 50.

well as a veteran i will have toons running the 3 vet ships, beyond that.......there are plenty of ships that are still useful, and many i think wont be getting T6 ships so will still use the T5/T5-U
  • havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I have done all the Tribble Content in a T5.5 Fleet Sovereign with Mk XII purple Rep/Fleet gear. I have done all the Tribble Content in a T5 free Sovereign with Mk X white gear. I have done some of the Tribble Content with a T4 ship with assorted gear. As of right now, from my own perspective, T5U and T6 are fluff items rather then needed items to play the game.

Based on my own play experience I honestly do not believe people need to Upgrade to even T5U. The new Content is not difficult and STO is a casual-friendly game. I do not see that changing.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I have done all the Tribble Content in a T5.5 Fleet Sovereign with Mk XII purple Rep/Fleet gear. I have done all the Tribble Content in a T5 free Sovereign with Mk X white gear. I have done some of the Tribble Content with a T4 ship with assorted gear. As of right now, from my own perspective, T5U and T6 are fluff items rather then needed items to play the game.

Based on my own play experience I honestly do not believe people need to Upgrade to even T5U. The new Content is not difficult and STO is a casual-friendly game. I do not see that changing.

But a lot of it is fun which needs to be nerfed.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ya, an FT-5u 'event ship' costs about as much as a z-store ship but it's still a non-replaceable, single toon ship.
    :eek:

...Sadly, it might actually be worth it.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    1.) All current Lvl 50 ships can play through the new content.

2.) T5-U ships will allow you to develop ship master skill(s), slightly better hull, shields, +1 console

3.) T-6 ships enable 1 additional skill potential (or 1/12th better than T-5U ships) plus ship master skill(s). Hull bonus as you develop Ship Mastery, levels as you level 51-60.

-- So --

YES. Existing ships will work. 'Cause it's not the ship, it's the pilot.

YES. T5-U upgrades are worth doing - if - you want to stay with your current ship.

YES. T6 ships are marginally better.

Relax people.

1.) More ships are coming. And more ships in the traditional design style we all love.
    2.) Fleet versions of T6 ships are coming.
    3.) Fleet Holdings for T6 ships are coming. So build, build, build.

And of course...

4.) PvP as we know it is dead. PvP as we know it is alive. Long live PvP. *head explodes*

And not forgetting...

5.) the KDF is yet again screwed by the Soulless Minions of Orthodoxy. *pretending head explodes*

OMG!

Delta Marks
    Delta Rep items
    and a whole new level to STF's (after they rename current Elite to Advanced)
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let me rephrase this.

Given that tier 5 Vice Admiral ships and tier 6 ships are not available until level 50, why would anyone leveling up in this game for the first time, bother with a tier 5 ship? This seems to be a formula for killing further sales of Odyssey, BortasQ, Vesta, Kumari, Dyson Sci Destroyers (Without the lobi version needed for full potential), Galaxy R, Galaxy X, Garumba, Intrepid retrofit, Defiant retrofit, and possibly Scimitar, Mogh, and Avenger ships.
    giphy.gif

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2014

any content you can play now you will still be mostly fine with T5 ships, you may not get as many marks as someone with a T6 ship but the content should be just as playable, you may find yourself outgunned against a T6 in PVP but in any PVE it should not make too much difference and of course solo play in replayed mission and things like aiding the deferi and such will be no problem.

of course now we can swap ships now on the fly there is nothing stopping you from flying any ships out of combat then all you need to do is a quick ship swap to whatever you want as the need arrises.

then again anything that was introduced with certain content in mind like the Dyson ships for example you might even find you have the edge over a T6 ship in Dyson content because the weapons and such were developed specifically with that enemy in mind.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• masterfiretrollmasterfiretroll Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let me rephrase this.

Given that tier 5 Vice Admiral ships and tier 6 ships are not available until level 50, why would anyone leveling up in this game for the first time, bother with a tier 5 ship? This seems to be a formula for killing further sales of Odyssey, BortasQ, Vesta, Kumari, Dyson Sci Destroyers (Without the lobi version needed for full potential), Galaxy R, Galaxy X, Garumba, Intrepid retrofit, Defiant retrofit, and possibly Scimitar, Mogh, and Avenger ships.

I believe the prob is when ship's go boom we just respawn back in are ship - the crew
    why can't we just go boom and restart a new ship..
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All existing ships will be able to play"story content" is what was said.

But yeah for all intents and purposes you can fly your level 30 into eSTF and similar on t6 with t5 ship.

10% hull hp is what I'd call symbolic but worst case scenario you constantly blow up on new maps so what.

People can't kick you anyway so you just let people in t6 do the work for you and get carried, blow up as many times you have to no stress.

Aslong as you are allowed on to the map
    edited September 2014
    vestereng wrote: »
    All existing ships will be able to play"story content" is what was said.

But yeah for all intents and purposes you can fly your level 30 into eSTF and similar on t6 with t5 ship.

10% hull hp is what I'd call symbolic but worst case scenario you constantly blow up on new maps so what.

People can't kick you anyway so you just let people in t6 do the work for you and get carried, blow up as many times you have to no stress.

Aslong as you are allowed on to the map

The T5 ships are going be a useful as rest of old ships more or less paper wait ....

nobody says hay give one min to jump in my T4 to kill a T5 as new T6 ship come out
    you will see less and less T5 ships in less they are por players that can't pay to keep up....
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    T5U and T6 are fluff items rather then needed items to play the game.

So what's new about that, Cryptic needs to keep coming up with stuff to separate the morons from their cash, if they don't then PWE will pull the plug.
    edited September 2014
    bejaymac wrote: »
    So what's new about that, Cryptic needs to keep coming up with stuff to separate the morons from their cash, if they don't then PWE will pull the plug.

I stand bye waiting for PWE to pull the Plug on this travesty of a game...
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You play a tier 1 ship from levels 1 to 10
    You play a tier 2 ship from 10 to 20
    You play a tier 3 ship from 20 to 30
    you play a tier 4 ship from 30 to 40
    You play a tier 5 free ship (Non-Upgradable) from 40 to 50
    You play a tier 5 C Store ship beginning at level 50
    You play a tier 6 ship beginning at level 50

Why would a new player ever touch a tier 5 C Store ship, given that the player is new and is playing to level 50/60 after the advent of tier 6 ships in game?

At the very least, all tier 5 ships ought to be playable at level 40 to at least have 10 levels of usefulness.
    giphy.gif

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Given that tier 5 Vice Admiral ships and tier 6 ships are not available until level 50, why would anyone leveling up in this game for the first time, bother with a tier 5 ship?

Why would anyone fly the level 50 Galaxy or Intrepid now? Because they like that ship.

People play the game for different reasons. There are some hardcore MMO players who always have to have the best, and they'll probably skip straight from the level 40 ship to a T6. And there are Trekkies who are going to fly their favorite ship whether it's good or not. And there's a lot of ground in between those extremes, too.

Presumably they'll eventually make T6 variants of those ships, too, but I doubt PWE will be bothered much if players pass on a $25 ship to buy a $30 ship instead.

I think we can further assume that there will be T6.5 ships requiring level 60. I give that about six months.
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You play a tier 5 free ship (Non-Upgradable) from 40 to 50
    You play a tier 5 C Store ship beginning at level 50
    You play a tier 6 ship beginning at level 50
    not everyone's playing cstore ships at level 50. most people are ftp and are using their favorite free ship, like a sovereign because they don't want to drop 25-30 bucks on a cstore or fleet version.

what you'll end up with is that many play a tier 5 free ship from 40-60, and the hard content at level 60 they'll play on normal mode rather then advanced or elite.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I think we can further assume that there will be T6.5 ships requiring level 60. I give that about six months.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came out right away, a la fleet warbirds in LoR. Why? Because fleet upgrades are not a new tier. They will not spoil T6. They're just +1 console and +10% health. Fleet T5-U is already operating at that level (minus the ONE extra boff seat to compensate for intelligence ability use).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why would a new player ever touch a tier 5 C Store ship, given that the player is new and is playing to level 50/60 after the advent of tier 6 ships in game?
    The most logical answer here is that T5 ships tend to be the canon ships. If someone wishes to fly a Galaxy, for example, they will need to buy one of the T5 versions and convert it to T5U.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.