test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shuttle Event, Tholian Fighter advice...

dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
Right now, I have the Tholian Widow Fighter equipped with the Hyper Refracting DBB, the came-with Thermionic Torpedo S, and the Hyper refracting console. (Ab)Using Torp Spread I's ability to help trigger the thermionic's proc...

Wondering if I should equip the mine launcher instead of that torp, and slot BFaW I in the tactical slot... The third power means that the DBB will acquire more targets with every BFaW, and that it'll help with clustered targets...

Thoughts? Has people seen a noticeable DPS boost with the extra BFaW Targets on top of the refractions? What sucks about shuttle event is that there's no access to GW... :(
Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I use a tholian shuttle for the dual BO slots and double tac consoles.

I don't bother with BFAW. I use tactical team and science team to basically make me invulnerable while I destroy.

Borg 2pc defl+eng, elite fleet core/shield. Assimilated module, dual locators, and weapons are double DBB. Traits to support crit. For DOFFs I use 2 tac team cd reduction, 2 sci team cd reduction, 1 evasive maneuvers cd reduction, and brace for impact doff.

This allows me to put out great damage while being very very sturdy. You shouldn't need refracting tetryon since most trash will be vaporized by a single volley or two of the two fleet DBB I got.

Tac team and sci team are great combo for survival on a shuttle.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Budget build time here, I don't have the dil and provisions to support a massive fleet buy...

And I'm a sci at heart. Since I can't go "all out DPS", what if I tried to take a page out of the Scimmy-BFaW build, and looked for a way to make BFaW do a little more work (3 piece Nukara weapons means Hyper Refracting DBB finds more targets) for the cause on it's 30 second cooldown?

Problem with the shuttles is that it's only got the 2 weapon slots, and I want something with a Kinetic component (hence the Thermionic right now instead of a second EW).

Hence my question: Is the 3 piece effected BFaWing Hyper DBB with the occasional mine catch > DBB + Thermionic, with Spread I boosting the thermionic's proc somewhat?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think BFAW + refracting is a better choice/
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For PVE BFAW always wins out in dps. You always pay more for spike because of its value in PVP.