test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strange issue with 'instigate defection' doff mission

lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
At first I thought it was some random fluke of a bug, but it just happened a second time, so clearly it isn't:

Twice now, i've finished the instigate defection doff mission and the end result was a success both times. The thing is, I didn't just get one new doff as a result - both times I got about 6 identical ones. It isn't any kind of weird graphical bug, they were actually awarded. Stranger still, only one of them seems to actually be recorded by the server as part of my doff limit (in other words, I had 460 before finishing the mission, claimed reward, got 6 and the new count was 61)

So, has anyone else had this happen to them?
Post edited by lazarus51166 on

Comments

• iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    By not a graphical bug, do you mean you started a new doff project, any project, and slotted those six identical doffs into it? And it worked?
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yes its bug. sometimes it shows you get more than one doff but its always just one. its not limited to investigate defection.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've seen this also when looking at the Roster and selecting 'New Additions' in the restrictions... It's not so much that you received multiple copies, the UI seems to be recognising all instances of the same Doff as being 'new' and shows them all in the list...

This would also explain why your roster count only increased by one, whilst your roster showed multiple 'new' Doffs of the same type...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    this mission is either;
    reward on crit,
    or
    reward on crit of a crit.

either way, no crit, no prize.
    think of it as, if you succeed, the target defects, but not to your crew. but if you really impress them, then the target defects to your crew.
    Incorrect. Instigate defection gives a blue on success, and a purple on crit.

But yeah, it would seem that you only got one doff in the rewards, and the display was glitched.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    By not a graphical bug, do you mean you started a new doff project, any project, and slotted those six identical doffs into it? And it worked?

No, I mean its a bug that gives several identical doffs as a reward when it should give 1
    this mission is either;
    reward on crit,
    or
    reward on crit of a crit.

either way, no crit, no prize.
    think of it as, if you succeed, the target defects, but not to your crew. but if you really impress them, then the target defects to your crew.

No. Instigate defection is only supposed to give 1 doff. Critical just gives a better quality one
    yes its bug. sometimes it shows you get more than one doff but its always just one. its not limited to investigate defection.

It isn't a graphical error in this case, the doffs are there, in my roster and they are usable
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    no they are not. maybe you had them from before. it gives you one just when you put recently recruited it shows more than one. but its still only one new recruit.