test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Attention Moderators...thank you

mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
I have noticed how well you keep an eye on what goes on here, and enforce the rules evenhandedly. Yet I don't understand how there is such a disconnect between what goes on here, and what goes on in-game.

In a period of about 6 months there has been only one person that I have reported in-game to the GM more than once. This one person I reported, I'm guessing, a total of 20 times. I took an 8 month break, come back, and the same disgusting comments that I won't even bother repeating here are still continuing to this day, visible to anyone who wishes to see them.

I expect an in-game or out-of-game email telling me this has been fixed within the next 24 hours.
Post edited by mirrorterran on

Comments

• mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have noticed how well you keep an eye on what goes on here, and enforce the rules evenhandedly. Yet I don't understand how there is such a disconnect between what goes on here, and what goes on in-game.

Simple - The Mods here are VOLUNTEER Forum Moderators. They have no access to any of the zone chats in the game to administrate them.
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When it comes to other players, Cryptic won't notify you about what or if any actions have been taken against that person.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I expect an in-game or out-of-game email telling me this has been fixed within the next 24 hours.

I expect a mod to close this thread within the next 24 hours. ;)
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I expect a noob to re-open a second thread within the next 24 hours
    edited September 2014
    I expect 48hrs it's a holiday tomorrow. :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

On what side of the planet?
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    On what side of the planet?

labor day. u.s.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When it comes to other players, Cryptic won't notify you about what or if any actions have been taken against that person.

Yes, and based on their complete lack of any previous action is why I demand a reply. Fool me 20 times shame on me.....
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Yea... and asking for volunteer Forum Moderators to respond isn't going to work. Reporting people in game generally results in an automated response saying they'd investigate. IF they do anything, they are not obligated to inform the person who reported the offender.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes, and based on their complete lack of any previous action is why I demand a reply. Fool me 20 times shame on me.....

You're free to demand a reply all you like. You, however, have a higher likelihood of winning the next Mega-Millions lottery jackpot than getting anything that resembled what you are asking for.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited September 2014

The forum mods are not going to have any more sway over your getting a resoponse than you have. If you are having troubles with one particular player, as you state in the OP, you might do well to put them on ignore.

Nobody here has the power nor the range of responsibility to do what you want. Coming here and demanding action to be taken in zone chat is like demanding a crossing guard put a parking ticket n the car parked illegally two blocks over in the next town.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2014
    Ignore the bloom'n peep.
    edited September 2014

It's written in the user agreement, Cryptic can't tell you anything about the other person's account.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's written in the user agreement, Cryptic can't tell you anything about the other person's account.
    Hmm... True, so I should add
    bergins wrote: »
    Coming here and demanding action to be taken in zone chat is like demanding a crossing guard put a parking ticket n the car parked illegally two blocks over in the next town and then write you a letter detailing what they did.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Actually me and my family aren't doing anything special this weekend so I'm around :P

Moderators have no power in game, and quite frankly the GM staff is much MUCH bigger than our moderation team, so they do handle things as they see fit.

All GM actions that are against another player will never get a response. They may issue a warning, a temp ban, or a perm ban at their discretion and you will never hear a thing about it. Once you've reported someone, your best option is to ignore them as well.

As demand threads are no longer allowed due to the FCT, I will be closing this thread.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.