test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about Galaxy Bridge

macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
First, thanks for giving away the Galaxy bridge. It is not something I would spend money on because there isn't much to do in ship interior. But it is certainly a nice to have and way nicer looking than stock.

However, I can't seem to get the classic Galaxy configuration from TNG. Is this working as intended (retrofit bridge) or did I miss something totally obvious?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
Post edited by macronius on

Comments

• adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The classic one is free to use I think

But not sure what ships have it on there selection of options
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The classic TNG bridge you're looking for doesn't exist in STO. We've asked for it millions of times, as well as the complete Enterprise-D interior set. What we have in the game currently are variations of the "Generations" bridge, expanded with the console posts left and right from the Cpatain/1-st Officer's chairs in the centre.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    The classic TNG bridge you're looking for doesn't exist in STO. We've asked for it millions of times, as well as the complete Enterprise-D interior set. What we have in the game currently are variations of the "Generations" bridge, expanded with the console posts left and right from the Cpatain/1-st Officer's chairs in the centre.

Oh ... I seem to remember that discussion in the What's your beef with the Galaxy ... I think. Thanks, my memory is failing me. :(

I don't understand why this company resists giving fans what they want. I am grateful for the free bridge as I said. It looks way better than stock. But wouldn't something like an authentic Trek experience sell better than some Cryptic derived design?

I just guess I don't understand Cryptic.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You basically explained why they don't do it in your first post - there isn't much to do on interiors, and so people don't spend money on it, and so further work is not worth it.

Until Cryptic finds a way to make interiors useful (and still support the variety of interiors that people actually did spend money on), things will stay as they are.

It doesn't seem their game engine could actually handle variable interiors for the very same mission, and that seems a pre-requisite to have mission content in your interiors. Without such a feature, any interior mission would need to be recreated for every interior variant, and that's like making the same mission 12 or more times. So, it will just not happen.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well I use my brigde a lot. Although there's "not much to do on it".

What I use the bridge for is simple RP: (nearly) everytime I do start a story mission or finish it I visit my ships bridge. Take the missions brief from there or finish it from there. Sure it doesn't make any real difference but to me it gives that extra Star Trek moment to sit in my captains chair and get new orders.

Personally I really like doing "stuff" like getting mission orders on my bridge. That might be not "useful" in the common sense... but to me it means a lot to go to the bridge and select the next mission (Episode/Foundry/Queue/whatever).
    Propably I am just the minority on this one but I like hanging around on my bridge doing DOFFs, Queuing and so on...

:-)

Greetings
    Nahari
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    We might get a full Galaxy interior if they decide to do a TNG bundle, just like we got a Constitution interior with the TOS bundle and the Belfast/Defiant interior with the DS9 bundle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    Oh ... I seem to remember that discussion in the What's your beef with the Galaxy ... I think. Thanks, my memory is failing me. :(

I don't understand why this company resists giving fans what they want. I am grateful for the free bridge as I said. It looks way better than stock. But wouldn't something like an authentic Trek experience sell better than some Cryptic derived design?

I just guess I don't understand Cryptic.

Well, the current bridges in the Galaxy bridge pack are not what I'd call Cryptic derived designs. One of the 3 is pretty much spot on (as far as Cryptic did things back in the day when they made this) as the original, while the other 2 are mild variations in flavor for people that would want to change things a bit.
    Still in essence, they're the Galaxy Class bridge from ST:Generations. I would prefer the classic, smaller and coazier TNG one, though. I'm not sure why they didn't make that bridge a part of the Galaxy bridge pack.
    Well I use my brigde a lot. Although there's "not much to do on it".

What I use the bridge for is simple RP: (nearly) everytime I do start a story mission or finish it I visit my ships bridge. Take the missions brief from there or finish it from there. Sure it doesn't make any real difference but to me it gives that extra Star Trek moment to sit in my captains chair and get new orders.

Personally I really like doing "stuff" like getting mission orders on my bridge. That might be not "useful" in the common sense... but to me it means a lot to go to the bridge and select the next mission (Episode/Foundry/Queue/whatever).
    Propably I am just the minority on this one but I like hanging around on my bridge doing DOFFs, Queuing and so on...

:-)

Greetings
    Nahari

Hehe :) I'm like that as well. Here for the Star Trek element first and foremost. So I use my ship's interiors quite extensively. It's really sad and very shortsighted they put the interiors on the back burner - back when I played 'ST:Bridge Commander' I dreamed of the ability to walk around my ship's interiors, so that was a big plus of STO in my eyes.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They don't offer a lot of Bridges that was shown in the shows. Which is why they don't do many Bridge sets. Just like the others said, due to many people rarely visit them.

For me since I RP. I start and finish each mission with me on the Bridge. I usually make comments to start the mission or finish. Like "set course for .... engage." Or comment on the mission before hailing to complete. Get damage reports, etc. And Finally I do DOFFs on there as well.

Granted you don't do much via game on the Bridge. But this is where your imagination kicks in.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I mostly use my bridge for anywhere account bank access, mostly for funneling materials to my Fed-Eng who is working on R&D tiers.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2014
    Well, the current bridges in the Galaxy bridge pack are not what I'd call Cryptic derived designs. One of the 3 is pretty much spot on (as far as Cryptic did things back in the day when they made this) as the original, while the other 2 are mild variations in flavor for people that would want to change things a bit.
    Still in essence, they're the Galaxy Class bridge from ST:Generations. I would prefer the classic, smaller and coazier TNG one, though. I'm not sure why they didn't make that bridge a part of the Galaxy bridge pack..

Okay, this is a fair point. But when I think of the TNG bridge I think of the series and NOT the almost forgettable Generations. I want to relive my fantasy of visiting the original Enterprise D bridge from Season 1-7.

When I was like 12, I programmer a really basic Bridge with images scrapped from video clips. I was trying to re-do the bridge from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation_(1994_video_game)

Good times! Oh well, I guess there aren't enough of us for Cryptic to be worth their time. To quote Dr. Soong .. "what a shame ..."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I will say those Bridges are nice to get. So if you don't have them here is your chance. I got them with the Galaxy Pack I got when it first came on sell.

I use the brown version that looks similar to the Enterprise D. On my Galaxy R. And the all grey one looks great to go with the Galaxy Dread. To give it the more tactical look.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think we'll get a full TNG Galaxy interior eventually, in an eventual TNG bundle.

We got the canon Defiant (Belfast) interior in the DS9 bundle, and the TOS interior in the TOS bundle.

The Voyager interior is on the way.

I'm a little surprised that Voyager is getting the treatment before the Galaxy, but it makes sense because that's the overall direction of the storyline.

We'll get it eventually.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The classic TNG bridge you're looking for doesn't exist in STO.

I know. It's silly that they have bridges that are almost correct, but then they stick something in it, like that big board on one where Worf would stand.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Not to mention that almost all KDF & Fed Bridges are so humongous that you can play the Superbowl and World Cup at the same time in them.

Fed & KDF interiors just suck. Plain and simple, no going around it.
    XzRTofz.gif