test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question RE: Rep. Gear Projects and Expansion

spitefulhedgehogspitefulhedgehog Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Reputation System
Hey everyone...

Sorry to make my first "contribution" to the forum community for STO a question, but hopefully it's one that someone has an answer to. I haven't found a similar thread about this issue, but if it exists, a friendly point in the right direction is all I require.

I'm a relatively new lvl 50 and have been working on upgrading my rep. projects. I'm nearing T5 in most of the rep systems and had been exciting about requisitioning some high-end gear for my ship(s).

I notice that a lot of gear is MKXII (MACO stuff for instance) and was curious about how those levels would play out in the upcoming expansion and gear MK increase.

As REP gear was intended for end-game use (to my understanding), will it be given an increase to keep it high-end or will it remain 2 MKs lower than other items?

My dilemma is this; should I requisition the gear this month when I am able to, or should I hold off to see what happens? My gut tells me to wait, but if there won't be an upgrade, I'd prefer to get things as they're available to me.

Thanks for any feedback you have.
sto_sig.jpg
Post edited by spitefulhedgehog on

Comments

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd at least hold off until we get the dev blog regarding equipment. It should be here in the not so distant future so maybe just hang tight. In the meantime maybe go and do the Solane missions and get that set since it's free.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • spitefulhedgehogspitefulhedgehog Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I'd at least hold off until we get the dev blog regarding equipment. It should be here in the not so distant future so maybe just hang tight. In the meantime maybe go and do the Solane missions and get that set since it's free.

Yeah, I've got the deflector and impulse already...

Flying that Dyson Destroyer in Step Between Stars was/is a disorienting experience...

...I don't have that busy a tray on my HEC...and of course my tray is quick access via my key assignments...I tend to just "click all the things" on that mission. haha

Thanks for the advice.
    sto_sig.jpg
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    The boost we got in Holodeck on Thursday was an unintended leak of the fact you'll be able to upgrade gear in Expansion 2.
  • spitefulhedgehogspitefulhedgehog Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    The boost we got in Holodeck on Thursday was an unintended leak of the fact you'll be able to upgrade gear in Expansion 2.

So if I'm understanding correctly, the process would be (for example...)

Level Up Omega Rep >>> Requisition Assimilated Module >>> Upgrade Module via New "upgrade" process

?

Thanks! :)
    sto_sig.jpg
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I assume it will cost additional Rep Marks and Dilithium to run an upgrade.

Thats why I am hording all kind of Rep Marks atm.

Signs and Indicators are there for it. Theres a Rep Mark Bonus Event coming up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I assume it will cost additional Rep Marks and Dilithium to run an upgrade.

Thats why I am hording all kind of Rep Marks atm.

Signs and Indicators are there for it. Theres a Rep Mark Bonus Event coming up.

Yeah, if you notice, only mk XI and XII gear got a boost, including gear like the Solanae set. There will be some kind of grind involved, but that is to be expected.

Has anyone seen if the Breen and the Dominion Polaron weapons got a boost?