test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

With T6 coming ...

snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
Can we get a T4 Constitution? It'll be TWO whole tiers behind the end-game. Or 4 whole tiers if you count 5, 5.5, 5-U and 6?

That's got to appease Cee Bee Ess, and would give me a reason to reinstall the game. I'd especially love the challenge of using an obsolete ship that was truly that many tiers behind, in end-game content to test out the hypothesis that ships won't be obsolete.

Think of it as a fun way to boldly go where this game hasn't gone before!

In lieux of that, howbout a T4 OBERTH?

That'd be the new hotness.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by snoggymack22 on

Comments

• askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can we get a T4 Constitution? It'll be TWO whole tiers behind the end-game. Or 4 whole tiers if you count 5, 5.5, 5-U and 6?

That's got to appease Cee Bee Ess, and would give me a reason to reinstall the game. I'd especially love the challenge of using an obsolete ship that was truly that many tiers behind, in end-game content to test out the hypothesis that ships won't be obsolete.

..............................................................................

Welp, you win sir I can't argue that this thread violates the FCT since it's not a end game discussion. I'll just wait till Smirk reads it :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you want, you can point out that I'm far far FAR more intersted in a T4 Oberth.

And I'm ok with the discussion heading down that path. I just figured my taste in Oberth was too freakish for the forum population in general.

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Snoggy, I'm just going to pour you a drink for being slightly more clever than I thought you were going to be :P
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »
    ..............................................................................

Welp, you win sir I can't argue that this thread violates the FCT since it's not a end game discussion. I'll just wait till Smirk reads it :P

He is in a meeting at cryptic... Might take a while
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Impressive, a "boost Connie plz" thread that survived Askray making a post.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't think it should be tier 4, since that's where the free defiant, galaxy, and intrepid are (you know, the other hero ships)... you know what? Fine! I'll actually agree with an upgrade connie thread just this one time! :D
    My only demand is that you can't use the TOS or TOS refit skins. Only the 25th century skins.

Also, no to oberth. T3 at most. :P
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GENIUS

Can we get T4 Miranda Retrofit too?
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow, deja vu.

I seem to recall a number of T3.5 Connie threads back in the day. Including one of my own.

Oh yeah, here it is:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/archive/index.php/t-737591.html

I seem to recall a number of folks actually being supportive of an upgraded, but not fully to end game upgraded version of the beloved Connie ships.

However, given the still overly sensitive nature of the topic, I don't expect this thread to last the day. :(

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014

However, given the still overly sensitive nature of the topic, I don't expect this thread to last the day. :(

See the very first post - this one will definitely last today.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's ok if Smirk decides to ax it. I'm not trying to poke at the employees or twist the rules or anything like that.

I'm genuinely trying to be humorous. And I still have a deep deep love of both the Constitution and the Oberth, so consider this more of a fan letter from that perspective.

Whatever happens, happens.

Still, I can dream. Dream of Oberths. Oh yes, I can dream!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes yes yes to an upgraded Oberth!! OH HELL YES!!!!!

(Ok maybe I'm a little too excited about this):o
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Well, since I'm new here and this is my very first post, it will be about a "Constitution Class" Starship (the finest class in the fleet) - still:) at least to me! - So, Lets hope So!!! :)

Forgive me - I don't want to risk violation of FCT rules (I really don't know what that is yet, but I'll research) but the bottom line reason a higher Tier grade of Constitution class of ship does not appear is that the right dollar amount has not been reached by key individuals.

When that dollar amount is agreed upon - a T5 or, better Constitution class will be in the C-Store quicker than you can say "Jackie Robinson".

We live on a money planet - and just about everything comes down to money (who has it, and how much)!

A simple but, effective matter of fact.

A word about support for all - and everyone should try at least to support each other, even if your taste do not agree, cuz...you never know, YOU, one day may be on the short end of the stick, looking for support!
    :)
    Kirk out!