test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spammer Report

viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
hello
I was re logging my chars this morning to get research assistance on them and here was yet another gold seller in the First city chat.
I was once told by a buddy on DOFFJOBS channel that i can help to ban them faster if i copy and paste their name along with message on doffjobs.
I did that, but their name didn't got posted. Instead only message got posted and i was told that several reported me for SPAM AS BEEING GOLD SELLER.
Which I never ever did any where else not here not any where.
I am making this post to port the this
I should of never listened to my buddy to do it in the first place
And I don't why the account name didn't got posted.
I am very sorry this happened won't ever happen again
thank you for ready
Kelly
Post edited by viperwitch23 on

Comments

• belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It happens, if they even bother checking ten they can see quite easily that you are not a spammer as this would be the only time it has occurred, you should be fine, if not you can always appeal and explain.

The best way to report them is simply to right click their name in chat and there should be a choice in the menu to report them as "gold spammers", if it's an in game mail they're spamming you with then at the bottom of the mail should be a "report spam" button you can click.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i unignored you, but im not sure if the 'report' still stands.
    in any case, the events did transpire as described, although the name did get posted (but it wasnt readily apparent to those that reported you):
    pidgin log wrote:
    @viperswitch23: SAASDASFSAF@boekisun00: VV VV VV , MMO SIGHT , C~0~Μ] 20 keys==$11;Promotion 20M-f spammers on zone chat here
  • viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I copyed and pasted his message on doffjobs channel and when i was copying i included his name but when it was pasted only message was posted without name.
    Si i was told i effectivly ''advertised'' for him here
    Would it still be OK? I reported the mistake here and on my gm report
    As I was saying i don't know why name wasn't posted as well may be cuz it was another line it was on. if name was posted i wouldn't be having this problem now.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was once told by a buddy on DOFFJOBS channel that i can help to ban them faster if i copy and paste their name along with message on doffjobs.

A hoax?
    NEVER do that, rightclick the goldspammers name, then report for spam.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!