test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does the Warp Core Engineer (Subsystem Power variant) stack?

razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Academy
I have been trying to search for any information that clearly answers this question. I have been trying to find out since yesterday, but cannot find anything by Google, or the search feature on the forums.

I know that if I have three of them, it will increase the chance of at least one of them activating. However, if two or more activate, will it stack, so that I can have a higher bonus to subsystems?

The doffs abilities are as follows:

White 20% chance: power levels +10
Green 20% chance: power levels +15
Blue 20% chance: power levels +20
Purple 20% chance: power levels +25

If they don't stack, then it would be pointless to run with more than 2. However, if they do, three would increase my chances of at least two of them stacking.

Thanks for any jelp.
Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
Post edited by razar2380 on

Comments

• stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can only equip 1 warp core engineer doff onto your 5 man space roster.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    6 man roster as well(unlockable slot from a t3 spire)
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stonewbie wrote: »
    You can only equip 1 warp core engineer doff onto your 5 man space roster.

I didn't know that. Well, I will just transfer the others over to another Klink. Lol. Thank you for that.

What about the damage control engineers? Can I put more than one on the active space roster?
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can have 3 variants
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    You can have 3 variants

By three variants, does that mean that I cannot use three of them that reduce the cool down of EPTX?
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can equip any 3, including 3 clones if you want.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can only equip 1 WCE.

You can equip 3 DCEs of any variant, but stack the EptX ones.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    I have been trying to search for any information that clearly answers this question. I have been trying to find out since yesterday, but cannot find anything by Google, or the search feature on the forums.

I know that if I have three of them, it will increase the chance of at least one of them activating. However, if two or more activate, will it stack, so that I can have a higher bonus to subsystems?

The doffs abilities are as follows:

White 20% chance: power levels +10
    Green 20% chance: power levels +15
    Blue 20% chance: power levels +20
    Purple 20% chance: power levels +25

If they don't stack, then it would be pointless to run with more than 2. However, if they do, three would increase my chances of at least two of them stacking.

The magnitude of DOFF abilities never stacks when you have multiple copies. Only the chance of triggering stacks. For example, three DOFFs in your example would give you three "dice rolls", each giving a 1/5 chance. However, this does NOT mean that you get a 1/25 chance of "doubling up"--the other dice rolls are discarded the moment that one triggers.