test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Cure for DWW

starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Ten Forward
Thousands of people suffer from an insidious mental disorder called Doctor Who Withdrawal. Tomorrow a cure for this insidious mental disorder will be released.

Unfortunately there is no cure for Firefly Withdrawal and cures for Star Trek Withdrawal have serious side effects.
Post edited by starkaos on

Comments

• steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited August 2014
    actually, it is a treatment, not a cure. The symptoms will return sometime after the New Year. That is, until a new dosage can be concocted.
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    actually, it is a treatment, not a cure. The symptoms will return sometime after the New Year. That is, until a new dosage can be concocted.

I take this treatment, also adding a treatment of BigFinish on top of it
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Right now I'm suffering from The Big Bang Theory withdrawl but it shall be cured this fall.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Thousands of people suffer from an insidious mental disorder called Doctor Who Withdrawal. Tomorrow a cure for this insidious mental disorder will be released.

Unfortunately there is no cure for Firefly Withdrawal and cures for Star Trek Withdrawal have serious side effects.

FFS, or Firefly Syndrome, has been a terrible malady for many many years. Thousands suffer from it daily. Despite the breakthrough that was Experiment Serenity, the plague of FFS still exists.

But there is hope. FFO, or Firefly Online, is a new self treatment that will cure FFS forever or for anbout three years until the development of a new expansive drug to FFO.

Do not take FFO if you are currently taking the following prescription drugs:

World of Warcrack

STOxyline

SWTORitilen

Destinsulin

"The Wildstar"
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For immediate relief, FanFiction.net provides homebrew remedies for a variety of withdrawal symptoms, though they vary in quality.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Or a Netflix prescription. Every episode released so far of the current series and 18 classic serials, though quite heavy on the Tom Baker side...

The Aztecs

The Mind Robber

Spearhead from Space

The Three Doctors

The Carnival of Monsters

The Green Death

The Ark in Space

Pyramids of Mars

Horror of Fang Rock

The Ribos Operation

The Pirate Planet

The Androids of Tara

The Power of Kroll

The City of Death

The Leisure Hive

The Visitation

the Caves of Androzani

The Curse of Fenric
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thousands of people suffer from an insidious mental disorder called Doctor Who Withdrawal. A cure for this insidious mental disorder will be released when Capaldi leaves.

Yeah, I'm having withdrawal symptoms, and it won't stop till Capaldi finally leaves. Even DW:Legacy is becoming Capaldified.
    Or a Netflix prescription. Every episode released so far of the current series and 18 classic serials, though quite heavy on the Tom Baker side...

Not on Netflix UK. The did previously have many 1 stories, and 2 stories, and then they cut it down to just a selection of Davros stories, and then removed them completely, so all that is left now is New1-6 (plus 4.5 nad Christmas specials) and The Movie
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I'm having withdrawal symptoms, and it won't stop till Capaldi finally leaves. Even DW:Legacy is becoming Capaldified.

He might be a very good Doctor. Today we will see if he does the role of the Doctor justice. The problem some people have with Capaldi is that he is older than the other Doctors from the new series so it seems creepier for fans to picture him in a relationship with Claire.
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    He might be a very good Doctor. Today we will see if he does the role of the Doctor justice. The problem some people have with Capaldi is that he is older than the other Doctors from the new series so it seems creepier for fans to picture him in a relationship with Claire.

No, the problem I have with him is that he is a truly awful actor, who will ruin the show. And that in shots of him so far, he is copying Jon Pertwee. It does seem like they are trying to get the show cancelled again. (Ok, a small part of my problem is that he is too old, becuase the show is very diffferent to the classics, and he won't be able to do "the running", to quote Jenny.)
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited August 2014

He's already gone on record stating that there will be absolutely no flirting. The age of romancing the Doctor is dead. And thankfully so, I grew tired of the romance sub plot gumming up the whole "adventure through time and space" thing. You know, the WHOLE REASON WHY THE DOCTOR IS THERE?!

I never cared for the girlfriend companion. That's why Donna Noble was my favorite. The Doctor needs friends, not dates.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    No, the problem I have with him is that he is a truly awful actor, who will ruin the show.

Ah so you watch anything with him in with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears :rolleyes:.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2014

which is exactly why an older Doctor is perfect now. Clara is going to be forced to adjust to the always present reality that the man with the boyish face is actually a being of over 2000 years. It will be jarring, and that creates interesting storyline material.

Except for "The Fires of Pompeii", I've never seen Capaldi act, so I'm tabula rasa, more or less, as fans go. One thing everyone needs to keep in mind is that not only is he older in appearance, but this Doctor is set to be much darker and edgier. I always thought Doctor #7 was the dark chessmaster, and Colin Baker's Doctor was the most on the edge, but this one might just go over it. There's still the matter of the Doctor's evil spin-off, the Valeyard, and some have speculated that this regeneration granted by Gallifrey, might furnish the source material for their creation of the Valeyard. Regardless, this is definitely going to be a jarring change, not unlike #5 to #6, which is good. New fans need to see that the personality changes, but the underlying core character remains the same.
    I never cared for the girlfriend companion. That's why Donna Noble was my favorite. The Doctor needs friends, not dates.

To be fair, with the exception of Rose and River, the other Nu Who women were the ones drawn to the Doctor, more so than he to them. It is not unlike the lovely Sarah Jane being drawn to Doctor #4 after being companion/friend to his previous incarnation.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Capaldi was awesome in "The Fires of Pompeii". Of course, he had 10 and Donna to help, but he would've been excellent on his own.

12's going to dress like a magician, and Capaldi said he'd play the character as a dark Doctor with elements of John Pertwee. Plus, Moffat tried to get 12 to flirt with Clara and Capaldi told him to go stuff it. Which is awesome.

Rumor's I've heard:

--Benedict Cumberbatch as the Master (unconfirmed)
    --Vastra, Jenny, and Strax return (confirmed)
    --Dalek Caan returning (unconfirmed)
    --Cybermen featuring heavily (unconfirmed)
    --Silence no longer a factor (unconfirmed but god I hope so; I'm sick and tired of the Silence)
    edited August 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    --Silence no longer a factor (unconfirmed but god I hope so; I'm sick and tired of the Silence)

Their function ended with Doc 11. That said, the troublesome ones infesting the Nixon administration were stated to be a radical offshoot. Should there be survivors of the purge, I'd expect those radical Confessors to be back, hopefully with a lot more fire in their bellies than just the "ooo creepy" looks they mostly gave before.
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    --Cybermen featuring heavily (unconfirmed)

Cybermen are in the final 2 parter, not sure how heavily though