test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQs - Master Guide (malazancommander)

malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Academy
This is my master guide, with my current guides. If any of the urls doesn't work for any reason, either inbox me ingame (no pm's), or comment here.

FAQs - Questions about the "Space" screen

FAQs - Questions about the Chat and Menu

FAQ for new players - Weapon Types
Post edited by malazancommander on

Comments

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Unfortunately, the arguments presented against your guides in the relevant threads are mostly valid and quite repetitive. You're obviously doing something wrong, and if you intend to continue posting more guides, you should work on fixing the issues other posters have highlighted in your current work.

To that end, it may be wise to present less anecdotal information and more hard facts, in a form that is easy to understand without being inaccurate like some of your guides so far have been. Furthermore, you should separate your own opinions from those facts, perhaps stating them after the facts themselves without making them look like they're additional facts.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Malazancommander: The answer to the question "Why shouldn't newbies make guides?"
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Malazancommander: The answer to the question "Why shouldn't newbies make guides?"

This might actually be a good question. However, I can understand that the PoV of a new player might add to a guide, but only if he is willing to accept criticism. We already saw that he cant, as the Space-Guide showed many inaccuracies, which some pointed out and were harshly rejected, which left the guide highly inaccurate.
    The Chat-Guide was ok, some minor things aside.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    This might actually be a good question. However, I can understand that the PoV of a new player might add to a guide, but only if he is willing to accept criticism. We already saw that he cant, as the Space-Guide showed many inaccuracies, which some pointed out and were harshly rejected, which left the guide highly inaccurate.
    The Chat-Guide was ok, some minor things aside.

And that obstinate refusal to accept criticism (or to accept that maybe someone who's been around much longer could know something he doesn't) is exactly why "malazancommander" is the answer to the question.