test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tac in Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser DPS support build

gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
Hey guys, a couple days ago I got the Galaxy bundle and purchased the fleet dread for my tac cruiser captain. My goal for this build is to play a support role by providing DPS but I want to tank properly as well since its still a cruiser. I will be making use of the lance so my weapon type will be phasers. I want it to be a beam boat. for example, 2 arrays. bank, and torp in front and all arrays in the aft. I was planning on using the 2 part nukara set both for the equipment and the bonus. Here is my rough build:
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=khantsdread_7030
Keep in mind that the only thing I do have is the ship and the universal consoles. Thanks for your interest and help!
Note: I would prefer a non A2B build. I like to be different in NOT following a trend.
signature.png
Post edited by gameverseman on

Comments

• rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is just my opinion, and I don't have the fleet but I flew the store ship for a long time.

You're mixing a couple of weapon types. Torps, single DBB, and then rest BAs? You're losing over half your beams this way because if you're facing a target to fire torps or DBBs you're not firing the aft beams. You ought to plan on broadsiding with the rar turn towards the enemy to fire off your phaser lance.

I'd run the ENG skills a little different. ET is a fixed heal. No need to run ET3. Put it as ET1 (it's probably the best of all ENS-level skills) and move your DEM to LtCDR or CMDR. Meanwhile, A2SIF gives better price-per-unit when you rank it up AND use high aux. Rsp1 will max out your shields in short time because of the sheer volume of incoming fire. It can be run at a lesser rank. Conversely, EPT powers gain significant boosts by using higher ranks.

If you absolutely want to stick to that layout, I would run:

EPTW1, RSP1, EPTS3, DEM3
    ET1, EPTE1, A2SIF

I personally prioritize EPTS1 and EPTW3, to get more dps, but whatever.

If I were running this ship, I would use the following:

EPTS1, RSP1, EPTW3, A2SIF3
    ET1, A2Damp, DEM2

Or

EPTS1, A2D1, EPTW3, DEM3
    ET1, A2D1, RSP2/EWP1/AcetonBeam

I'd rely on M/AM doff and use A2Damp in the first example for the times I need to get out of broadside, but careful flying should let me use it when I need the resistances like a fast-recharging BFI. It does NOT get you out of tractor beams but it helps a little.

For the second example I woudl chain the A2Damps nonstop on my spam bar with the EPTs.

In both cases I'd ignore EPTE as an option.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is just my opinion, and I don't have the fleet but I flew the store ship for a long time.

You're mixing a couple of weapon types. Torps, single DBB, and then rest BAs? You're losing over half your beams this way because if you're facing a target to fire torps or DBBs you're not firing the aft beams. You ought to plan on broadsiding with the rar turn towards the enemy to fire off your phaser lance.

I'd run the ENG skills a little different. ET is a fixed heal. No need to run ET3. Put it as ET1 (it's probably the best of all ENS-level skills) and move your DEM to LtCDR or CMDR. Meanwhile, A2SIF gives better price-per-unit when you rank it up AND use high aux. Rsp1 will max out your shields in short time because of the sheer volume of incoming fire. It can be run at a lesser rank. Conversely, EPT powers gain significant boosts by using higher ranks.

If you absolutely want to stick to that layout, I would run:

EPTW1, RSP1, EPTS3, DEM3
    ET1, EPTE1, A2SIF

I personally prioritize EPTS1 and EPTW3, to get more dps, but whatever.

If I were running this ship, I would use the following:

EPTS1, RSP1, EPTW3, A2SIF3
    ET1, A2Damp, DEM2

Or

EPTS1, A2D1, EPTW3, DEM3
    ET1, A2D1, RSP2/EWP1/AcetonBeam

I'd rely on M/AM doff and use A2Damp in the first example for the times I need to get out of broadside, but careful flying should let me use it when I need the resistances like a fast-recharging BFI. It does NOT get you out of tractor beams but it helps a little.

For the second example I woudl chain the A2Damps nonstop on my spam bar with the EPTs.

In both cases I'd ignore EPTE as an option.
    I've been using this weapon layout for a while and it works just fine. Having 6 beams broadside is enough for me. I was already planning on changing my boff layout to your first suggestion but am keeping it as is until I can purchase sufficient doffs to help the lower ranked abilities such as rsp1 and et1 etc etc. It might help you to know that my plan/strategy that I've been using is that I hit my buffs, de-cloak, open up with the lance, fire off a Beam overload shot and a torp spread, then turn broadside to continue to beat down on the target. Now if I want more crowd control I do the same thing but prior to cloaking i saucer sep which, thanks to the galaxy set bonus, modifies my lance to a wide beam lance that's great for multiple targets. So instead of using the standard lance I'd be firing off the wide beam lance. This strategy has worked well for me thus far. As for Antimatter spread, I use that for crown control or when I have too much aggro since my main focus is DPS and not pulling aggro. But I still want to be able to hold my own if I have no other choice.
    signature.png
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=nona2bsread_0

Maximum dps for a non a2b dread.

Doffs are in notes

Cheers
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    edited August 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=nona2bsread_0

Maximum dps for a non a2b dread.

Doffs are in notes

Cheers

This build works for me minus the loss of antimatter spread. By losing that I lose my Galaxy set bonus :(. Also, I thought elite fleet weapons lost a modifier do to its added proc and I also thought they did less damage than advanced ones. Same thing goes for Elite fleet shields. They have less capacity since they are adaptive. In your build you put the modifier set for an advanced shield, not an elite shield. A 4th modifier was not included on the elite warp core. Having 2 rsp1 and et1s wont prove effective since they will cool down at the same time. There are points in aux power but nothing that uses it other than Nukara traits but those are negligible. There are points in flow caps but nothing to make of use of them with i.e. Plasmonic leech. Finally, judging by choice of weapon layout and tac abilities, you want me to pull aggro. I thought I explained that I only want to do damage, and deal with aggro as a last resort. But I will still keep your build under consideration :).
    EDIt: I checked and compared elite vs advanced weapons and there is no dmg loss. My mistake.
    signature.png
  • zunaguliizunagulii Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    man, just try his build, u will NEVER die, have lots of fun and deal considerable dmg ;)
    + if you want you can really TRIBBLE off ppl in pvp with elite pha + 2rsp + this + that (never die, remember?) ^^
    check his doffs, with them the cds are all good ;)
    edited August 2014
    zunagulii wrote: »
    man, just try his build, u will NEVER die, have lots of fun and deal considerable dmg ;)
    + if you want you can really TRIBBLE off ppl in pvp with elite pha + 2rsp + this + that (never die, remember?) ^^
    check his doffs, with them the cds are all good ;)

Since when did I say that I wanted to never die?
    signature.png
    edited August 2014
    Since when did I say that I wanted to never die?

...so you want to die occasionally?
    You wanted a non a2b tanky/support ship that can dps....so all three archetypes....

I delivered.

Your pets, he, nukara all use auxillary.

Et and rsp don't share a cd

Flow caps are there for when/if you acquire the plasmonic leech...which you should...it's the lowest tier skill, barely costs you anything.

You want dps with this ship, you go a2b. With 4 tactical bridge officers. It's the only choice....i gave you the best of a bad idea

Elite fleet res shields are the best choice due to the bleedthrough mechanic...but I digress

Anyways, hope you build it and enjoy it...decent dps, great healing and really good tanking...ah well

Cheers

edited August 2014
    ...so you want to die occasionally?
    You wanted a non a2b tanky/support ship that can dps....so all three archetypes....

I delivered.

Your pets, he, nukara all use auxillary.

Et and rsp don't share a cd

Flow caps are there for when/if you acquire the plasmonic leech...which you should...it's the lowest tier skill, barely costs you anything.

You want dps with this ship, you go a2b. With 4 tactical bridge officers. It's the only choice....i gave you the best of a bad idea

Elite fleet res shields are the best choice due to the bleedthrough mechanic...but I digress

Anyways, hope you build it and enjoy it...decent dps, great healing and really good tanking...ah well

Cheers
    What I meant by the cooldown remark is that if you have 2 et1s, they will both cooldown at the same time. same goes for rsp. 4 tactical bridge officers? there is only 1 lieutenant tac and a ensign uni that I use for tac. I dont know what you mean by 4 tac boffs. Id prefer covariant shields since I, personally, like to see higher shield cap just for "bragging" purposes i guess. I realize now that serves no purpose. I also am reconsidering my anti- A2B and am curious of the layout/performance of an A2B. I just dont like playing copy cat is all. I feel I will have less pride in my performance when the key to it is a "strategy" used by a majority of people. Perhaps there is a way to run a A2B build with some variance? Id better describe my build role as being a tanky DPS support role. meaning the support comes from having DPS and still being able to hold my own. Not necessarily healing other team members. Also, it would be preferable to "never die" lol. Thank you for the clarification :)
    Also, I would prefer if my Galaxy set could be incorporated since i spent 40 USD on it :)
    signature.png
    edited August 2014
    I meant to say 3. 4 was a typo. I do all my posting from my phone, sorry for that.

Et cool down works as follows...you hit the first ET, it goes on a 30 second cooldown while the second et starts at its gcd of 15 seconds. After 15 seconds, you may pop the second et while the first has arrived at the 15 second mark...then the cycle continues.

The same thing happens with almost all boff skills besides a very select few. Like aux2sif that always has a 15 second cd. The difference is is that different abilities will have different base cooldown and global cooldowns

I get called a copy cat...it's just funny because I copy my own builds...haters gotta hate. Fact of the mmo community as a whole.

You can build your ship anyway you want based from my ideas. If you want to use the consoles. Go right ahead. I try to optimize

Giant shield is cool and all but your already nigh indestructible in pve content...so...meh?

Hope that clarifies some things.

Cheers

edited August 2014
    I meant to say 3. 4 was a typo. I do all my posting from my phone, sorry for that.

Et cool down works as follows...you hit the first ET, it goes on a 30 second cooldown while the second et starts at its gcd of 15 seconds. After 15 seconds, you may pop the second et while the first has arrived at the 15 second mark...then the cycle continues.

The same thing happens with almost all boff skills besides a very select few. Like aux2sif that always has a 15 second cd. The difference is is that different abilities will have different base cooldown and global cooldowns

I get called a copy cat...it's just funny because I copy my own builds...haters gotta hate. Fact of the mmo community as a whole.

You can build your ship anyway you want based from my ideas. If you want to use the consoles. Go right ahead. I try to optimize

Giant shield is cool and all but your already nigh indestructible in pve content...so...meh?

Hope that clarifies some things.

Cheers
    That makes a lot more sense now. How would I go about making a A2B build with this ship and captain type?
    Will this work? :http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=khantfixa2b_7030
    signature.png