test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Red Matter Capacitor

cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Academy
I've seen this item suggested in several builds, yet is it only available from buying a copy of the game?
Post edited by cmdrscarlet on

Comments

• Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That is they only way to get one. Honestly though, it is only useful for people that just want to run specific builds that depend on it. Just like Plasmonic Leech. Unless you do a build that is heavily built around it, it is not needed.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Only comes with Collectors Edition, which is no longer available except from hoarders

Its nice to have and I wont lie I use it on almost every ship on my main account as a catch-all battery, but my alt account ships with regular batteries work just fine and I dont miss it.
  • Options
    darinjaneczkodarinjaneczko Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's useful on [AMP] core builds when you want to push any power level below 75 up enough to cause extra damage. Long cooldown, but helpful, especially for warbirds.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Plasmonic leech isn't needed but it is bloody useful
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There was some discussion that it might make it into the R&D system at some point.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    While it's a nice clickie to have, I've seen many people still fail miserably while under its effects.
  • Options
    prometheusnxprometheusnx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's a useful tool and can help in a lot of cases. It doesn't give as big an advantage as a lot of people think, but still good to have if you can get it.

I don't agree with it being provided through R&D though. Some things should remain as they were intended for collectors. Perhaps some kind of modified lesser version.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's a useful tool and can help in a lot of cases. It doesn't give as big an advantage as a lot of people think, but still good to have if you can get it.

I don't agree with it being provided through R&D though. Some things should remain as they were intended for collectors. Perhaps some kind of modified lesser version.
    A consumable! :D Mine is permanent. I have as many as I want! But the consumable would break after 12-ish uses and cost a small fortune to replace.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Plasmonic leech isn't needed but it is bloody useful

I'm not impressed with it.

Then again, I'm not doing A2B.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    I'm not impressed with it.

Then again, I'm not doing A2B.

To get the best results from it, you will need an intentional build that is designed specifically for it, not necessarily A2B. The only problem with setting a build up around any one console is that you end up not reaching a good potential if something comes out to counter that console.

That is why it doesn't make that big of difference for most builds out there. Same with Red Matter Capacitor. If the build is not build for it, then it does help, but is never needed.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the devs have indicated that are pretty keen to again TRIBBLE on the people that supported this game early on by giving everyone easy access to one of the last legacy items in sto.
    just just be patient. they will give this to you soon enough (probably after they finally fix it).
  • Options
    cobra5000cobra5000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've seen this item suggested in several builds, yet is it only available from buying a copy of the game?

They gave a couple away on today's Foundry livestream, so that would have been one way to get it....