test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stealth Nerfs: Thalaron and Borg set

mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
When the Thalaron pulse and the 2 pc Borg set bonus skill got hit with the nerf bat?

Noticed a 30% damage nerf on the Thalaron Pulse skill and now the 2 pc Borg set bonus skill has a note "Can only occur once every 60 seconds":confused:

On the Thalaron Pulse, unbuffed damage went down from 33k to 26k, and buffed from 60k to 47k damage. Thats just sad and is soo unnecesary considering not many ppl are using it anyway and is highly situational and that the npc AI got upgraded to avoid it. You basicly can only shoot stationary targets now. And the nadion bomb from the FPeR hits for 60k-70k aoe damage, with an instant fire mode...

And the borg 2pc set skill, with only 2% chance to trigger, got slaped with 1 min lockdown???:confused: I am all for balance, but here this is just a plain hit with a giant nerfbat. Other sets, with same mechanics, like the 4 pc dyson set, have a 50% change trigger on a min cd. At least boost the borg 2 pc set trigger chance from 2% to 50% then...
Post edited by mosul33 on

Comments

• zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't have a Scimitar, but if the Thalaron Pulse counts as either a Lance or a Overload than it got hit by the recent Beam Overload change. Base damage would be cut 25% but it would have gained a 100% crit chance and no longer drains your weapons power.

Borg Set no idea. :(
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mosul33 wrote: »
    When the Thalaron pulse and the 2 pc Borg set bonus skill got hit with the nerf bat?

Noticed a 30% damage nerf on the Thalaron Pulse skill and now the 2 pc Borg set bonus skill has a note "Can only occur once every 60 seconds":confused:

On the Thalaron Pulse, unbuffed damage went down from 33k to 26k, and buffed from 60k to 47k damage. Thats just sad and is soo unnecesary considering not many ppl are using it anyway and is highly situational and that the npc AI got upgraded to avoid it. You basicly can only shoot stationary targets now. And the nadion bomb from the FPeR hits for 60k-70k aoe damage, with an instant fire mode...

And the borg 2pc set skill, with only 2% chance to trigger, got slaped with 1 min lockdown???:confused: I am all for balance, but here this is just a plain hit with a giant nerfbat. Other sets, with same mechanics, like the 4 pc dyson set, have a 50% change trigger on a min cd. At least boost the borg 2 pc set trigger chance from 2% to 50% then...

You realize that thalaron is based on RNG and aux power right? It's numbers are never consistent.

The Borg set was reworked a while back.

NPC AI are the same as always. They are not programmed to avoid.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thalaron is an aux power ability. It's damage is boosted by buffs like alpha... but its base damage is dependent upon aux power levels. I can pull 150-160k on mine easy by routing power to aux and buffing.