test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The War of the Masters - Timeline

sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Fan Creations
THE WAR OF THE MASTERS - TIMELINE

By popular demand (and so us authors can have a handy point of reference) I have here listed all of the "Masterverse" stories in chronological order

Stories in bold italics are part of the War of the Masters arc - all others are supporting or related stories set in the same universe.

() indicates contributing authors:

(AM) = ambassadormolari

(GB) = gulberat

(KR) = knightraider6

(MDK) = marcusdkane

(PN) = patrickngo

(SSC) = StarSword-C

(TY) = takeshi6

(STS) = sander233

* indicates work in progress

Gallitep (PN)

2369 to 2373

2373 to 2375 (Dominion War)

Singled Out (STS)

2398 to 2399

2399 to 2405
The Victim (STS)

The Life (STS)

Remembrance of the Fallen (TY and starswordc)

A Family Matter (PN)

The Road to Ruin (STS, w/ PN and MDK)

Visiting With the Dead (second half, Episode 5) (PN and STS, w/ TY)

The Road tie-in (PN)

Transitions (KR)

The First to Climb (STS)

Hospital Pass (by Milandare)

Ascendance (KR)

Season 1: The Chase (PN, KR, and TY w/ STS)

The Chase tie-in (PN)

Forgiveness (PN)

The Gift (TY)

The Accused (AM and STS)

Wave Goodbye (STS, w/ PN)

Coming Down (STS)

Standing Ground (KR)

Slow Burn (STS)

Short Feature (PN and GB)

This Is What You Get (PN and STS, w/ TY)

Sins of the Fathers 2: Suffer the Children (KR, PN, TY and STS w/ GB)

A Gentler Mercy (GB)

The Imposition of Ashes (GB)

It's All Inside You... (STS)

Season 2: Faces in the Flames (PN, GB, KR, TY and STS)

Plugging the Leak (MDK)

Side Story #1 (PN)

A Property Line Dispute (PN and MDK, w/ AM, GB, KR and STS)

Somewhere in Time (KR)

Honor Among Thieves * (STS and AM w/ MDK)

Elegia Borealis (GB and KR)

The Hot Gates (KR and PN)

Taken With the Wind (GB)

...And There Was Light (MDK)

timeaftertime (PN)

An Enigma Tale * (GB)

Strictly Business * (KR, w/ PN)

Ante Bellum, Para Bellum (PN)

Days of Fear and Wonder (MDK w/ PN)

The Sign at the Crossroads * (STS, KR, PN and TY)

Come the Fall, a Change (PN w/ KR and STS)

Silence Drifting Through (STS w/ GB and PN)

TRIBBLE of the Machine * (GB)

Prisoner 70817 (PN)

The Only Way To Go (TY and StarSwordC)

Original Sin * (TY, KR, PN and STS)

Aftermath (MDK w/ PN)

Silence Surrounding (GB)

Deeds of Practical Honor (PN, KR, STS and TY)

Academy Daze (MDK and PN, w/ STS)

Mother's Footsteps(KR)

Timeframe TBD
16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
- Anne Bredon
Post edited by sander233 on

Comments

• dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's... a LOT. :eek:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh THANK YOU.

I think I got lost somewhere there, so this is great.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
    edited July 2014
    We Do What We Must in 2407 has junk characters in the link.

Edit: And suddenly it doesn't. Strange...

Re-edit: Okay, there is a SLIGHT possibility that it got fixed while I was reading my way towards it.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    We Do What We Must in 2407 has junk characters in the link.

Edit: And suddenly it doesn't. Strange...

Re-edit: Okay, there is a SLIGHT possibility that it got fixed while I was reading my way towards it.

I fixed it. :cool:

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I also swiped a mention of them in the Grunt story, "Mastering the Future" (can't remember which LC it was - following up on the Mutabor's time-travel incident, because I noticed that the galaxy had aged far more than the time mentioned in story would allow :) ). Q decided that the Masters were the only ones with both the power and inclination to do that. Then he fixed it.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited July 2014
    Okay, I shouldn't have missed it to begin with, but...

Erased is beautifully done. I liked the bits with Eraun's psychographic profile comment, Kar'ukan's desire for a leopard shark and the TPDS best. That has to say what I appreciate most in stories like that... :D

Also, for some reason, I seem to have trouble reading anything that didn't come from you, marcusdkane, worffan101 (not that he's participating in this universe) or gulberat. Mind you, I'm not complaining, just making an observation.

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Okay, I shouldn't have missed it to begin with, but...

Erased is beautifully done. I liked the bits with Eraun's psychographic profile comment, Kar'ukan's desire for a leopard shark and the TPDS best. That has to say what I appreciate most in stories like that... :D

Also, for some reason, I seem to have trouble reading anything that didn't come from you, marcusdkane, worffan101 (not that he's participating in this universe) or gulberat. Mind you, I'm not complaining, just making an observation.

I actually do technically participate in this universe. "Invasion" is fully Masters War-compliant, and is referenced multiple times in "A Property Line Dispute". All Three stories set after about mid-2410 are going to have her taking orders from Quinndine (although of course she doesn't know that).
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We all have very different ways of writing, and as Faces in the Flames has demonstrated quite well, some of our characters have major differences in philosophies, attitudes, and hierarchical structures. Some of us have varying "focus themes/topics" as well. In other words, there's a lot here for many types of readers. :)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited July 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    We all have very different ways of writing, and as Faces in the Flames has demonstrated quite well, some of our characters have major differences in philosophies, attitudes, and hierarchical structures. Some of us have varying "focus themes/topics" as well. In other words, there's a lot here for many types of readers. :)

Yeah, I think it's the style, and maybe something else as far as Patrick's concerned. Can't put my finger on it...

edited August 2014
    Yeah, I think it's the style, and maybe something else as far as Patrick's concerned. Can't put my finger on it...

When patrickngo is writing on his own, he usually lets his stories flow stream-of-consciousness style and rarely goes back for editing. It makes for very exciting pacing and natural dialog, but leaves a lot of typos in its wake. I can understand how that may be a little off-putting.

But patrickngo is really the original architect of this whole thing, and his early writings (specifically, "Orrosh" and "Coolng") were my inspiration to start writing my own fanfics and developing my STO characters. If not for him, I probably would not be involved in this game or forum at all anymore. And we certainly would not have this epic story to share with you all. :)

- Anne Bredon
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sander233 wrote: »
    When patrickngo is writing on his own, he usually lets his stories flow stream-of-consciousness style and rarely goes back for editing. It makes for very exciting pacing and natural dialog, but leaves a lot of typos in its wake. I can understand how that may be a little off-putting.

But patrickngo is really the original architect of this whole thing, and his early writings (specifically, "Orrosh" and "Coolng") were my inspiration to start writing my own fanfics and developing my STO characters. If not for him, I probably would not be involved in this game or forum at all anymore. And we certainly would not have this epic story to share with you all. :)

Definitely enjoy working with you two on it, Sander. When your Road to Ruin story came up, I started reading some of the others, and found myself needing to take part in this universe. Glad I did.

Looking forward to what we do next. :D

/subscribe
    76561198160276582.png
    edited August 2014
    takeshi6 wrote: »
    When your Road to Ruin story came up, I started reading some of the others

Funny, that was the same one that I found.

edited October 2014
    Small Error I found when getting a link for someone else: The link for my "Devil Instructor" LC actually links to "The Gift".

Here's the proper link for "Devil Instructor".
    76561198160276582.png
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Remembrance of the Fallen", from me and takeshi. Framing narrative is April 2413, framed narrative is March-April 2403.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited October 2014
    "Original Sin", by myself and Sander, covering the consequences of Goralis for both Nanoha and Raging Heart - takes place in 2412, concurrently with Sign at the Crossroads.
    76561198160276582.png
    edited November 2014
    "Silence Surrounding" is a short story with Alyosha that takes place right after An Enigma Tale and concurrently with MDK's Aftermath and deals with the fallout of the Pentaxia-Moab War on a personal scale.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1276471

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited December 2014
    Sorry I haven't updated this in a while.

I just made the three above additions along with "Aftermath" by MDK.

I also straightened out the order of the stories toward the bottom of the timeline in June/July 2412 so that they are in correct order of date at the start of each story. (i.e., "Days of Fear" begins in early July at the conclusion to "Property Line," Prior to 7 July. "Crossroads" begins on 7 July, followed by "Come the Fall" on 9 July.) This should help readers trying to track everything that's going on post-Season 2 approaching "present day." (The various major plotlines in the Masterverse are now up to the last week of July, 2412.)

I also split the story "Visiting with the Dead" into two parts, since the story starts in 2407 but all the War of the Masters-relevant action is in 2411.

- Anne Bredon
    edited February 2015
    sander233 wrote: »
    I also split the story "Visiting with the Dead" into two parts, since the story starts in 2407 but all the War of the Masters-relevant action is in 2411.

Might want to do something similar for Remembrance of the Fallen, given that while most of the story is in 2403, the Framing Narrative is in 2413. :D
    76561198160276582.png
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "The Silence Ends" by me. First half is in 2407, second half in 2412 immediately after Come the Fall, A Change.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited April 2015
    OK, with the Forums apparently going to be moving soon, I don't know if we're going to lose everything on the current forums or not.

If someone has the wherewithal to go through the entire timeline, saving everything we have for the Masterverse into an Archive we can draw it from later, that would be good. Not quite as good, but still workable, would be if everyone makes sure they've archived the stories they've posted, or copied them onto their computers, or something like that.

Make sure you're all ready in case the stuff currently on the Forums isn't saved during the move, everyone!!
    76561198160276582.png
    edited April 2015
    Always a good idea even if the intent is to migrate the database. I know what MY weekend project will be...

• shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My assumption would be that they won't (deliberately, at least) lose any existing content... but all the hyperlinks to it will become invalid, making collations like the first post in this thread useless. Rebuilding all those links... will be a long and tiresome process, I fear.

(Fortunately, at a friend's request, I've got all my stuff backed up in an alternate location anyway.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
    edited April 2015
    shevet wrote: »
    My assumption would be that they won't (deliberately, at least) lose any existing content... but all the hyperlinks to it will become invalid, making collations like the first post in this thread useless. Rebuilding all those links... will be a long and tiresome process, I fear.

(Fortunately, at a friend's request, I've got all my stuff backed up in an alternate location anyway.)

We have a Google doc with the master list. Fortunately I think having a full list of the titles like this will greatly speed up the rebuilding process.

Now, my Delta Rising review will be a different matter but not as urgent since reviving it would technically make it a zombie thread at this time and any new conversation will be taking place in a new thread.

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    takeshi6 wrote: »
    OK, with the Forums apparently going to be moving soon, I don't know if we're going to lose everything on the current forums or not.

If someone has the wherewithal to go through the entire timeline, saving everything we have for the Masterverse into an Archive we can draw it from later, that would be good. Not quite as good, but still workable, would be if everyone makes sure they've archived the stories they've posted, or copied them onto their computers, or something like that.

Make sure you're all ready in case the stuff currently on the Forums isn't saved during the move, everyone!!
    honestly, with how big this venture has become, you should have a wiki for all this; all the stories could be stored there in addition to all the usual wiki stuff
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited May 2015
    Um, shouldn't this be in Academy Daze?

*starts reading*

Edit: Everybody 'goofs' occasionally. :P

edited June 2015
    Hey MasterVerse fans (and authors) -

I just updated the OP so pretty much all the standalone stories now link to their new homes in the arc/vanilla realm. I also added a few stories that were written or I missed since the last time I updated this.

I'll get to work on digging through the LCs and ULCs for the rest, but for now at least the whole War of the Masters arc and the major side-stories all have working links. Also it appears that, aside from a few formatting quirks, all of our stories (even the 40-page-per-post monsters) made it over here intact.

BTW, we're taking a hiatus (mostly) from writing new material while we work on a reference doc for our shared 'verse, to help us make sure we're keeping our stories straight. We'll also be going through and cleaning up / updating / retconning our older material as needed. Watch this space for more announcements coming soon.

Thanks for reading (and contributing!)

- Anne Bredon
    That was a quick update! :) Nice work!

As a note, there will be a few pieces from me coming out during the hiatus...but that's partly because I'm a slower writer than most of the group so I have to take advantage of these lulls when I get them! :D

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Um, I'm not seeing the update. The OP still looks like it's linking to sto-forum.whatever and "The Silence Ends" isn't listed.