test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Catalysts boost common chance when unskilled?

eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
If I try to run a crafting project for an item that I'm not very skilled for, say it requires 150 skill, but I only have 30.
If I add in 2 catalysts, the chances of common INCREASE and the rare chance (at like 8%) REDUCES.

Why is this?

They only appear to reduce common and boost rare/ultra when you're closer to or over the skill rank.
AFMJGUR.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Probably because yer not really supposed to be crafting that high at low levels.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    That is still pretty messed up, specially if a poor crafting noon uses them like that.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Probably because yer not really supposed to be crafting that high at low levels.

The point is that's how they designed the system. You CAN craft MKXII gear from the get go so as not to lock out crafting noobs from MKXII gear for their lvl 50 5 days old captains if they want. You can't fail a craft so there's no harm in doing so, just the quality is your only problem.

Catalysts no matter what skill your at should reduce common chance at the very least, and they don't do that atm despite raising your skill level.
    Seems to be a bug in that regard and should be fixed.
    AFMJGUR.jpg