test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aegis R&D doff is bound?

tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
So I got the aegis RnD doff today, a blue quality one, and it was bound when I received it. Is that intended, because that would mean the only way to acquire such doff would be by playing the 1k dil doff assignment in the academy. The one that you can run once every 4 days or so. The other RnD doffs I received, white ones, were not bound.

Those running that mission with alts, be warned.
U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
STO Screenshot Archive

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that blue one only supposed to be awarded to characters that had maxed crafting before S9.5? Then yes, it would be bind on pickup for that obvious reason.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Then yes, it would be bind on pickup for that obvious reason.
    For example: Veteran BOFFs were not bound. Cryptic could make R&D ferendi DOFF not bound too.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that blue one only supposed to be awarded to characters that had maxed crafting before S9.5? Then yes, it would be bind on pickup for that obvious reason.

It's both. You get it as a reward for maxing out R&D as well as having a chance for it at the new recruitment assignment at SFA.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a purple Aegis set...the original. I'm assuming the blue is the step down from the lobi upgrade?

EDIT: misread. I have been wondering about the upgrade, though. The difference in stats vs. the old one. And whether it's better or equal to the Adapted MACO set in relation to overall utility.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    For example: Veteran BOFFs were not bound. Cryptic could make R&D ferendi DOFF not bound too.

Yeah but this is Cryptic we're talking about. They made Mirror Hakeev bound for no particular reason other than spite.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah but this is Cryptic we're talking about. They made Mirror Hakeev bound for no particular reason other than spite.

OUCH... Burn :D
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited July 2014

It's a blue Ferengi, yes. But the character who got it never did any crafting prior to 9.5.

That doff is useless to him because it can't be traded and he won't use it. I think only the versions that are awarded to previous crafters should be bound, not the ones awarded by the doff mission.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive