test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xindi carrier FED Sci help.

gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
This is my build: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=xindicarriersci_7030
Objective: Drain Science build with good DPS
Cost: Infinity (I do not own the ship or a toon to fly it)
signature.png
Post edited by gameverseman on

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    This is my build: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=xindicarriersci_7030
    Objective: Drain Science build with good DPS
    Cost: Infinity (I do not own the ship or a toon to fly it)

Dracula says your drain build gets an F for PvP, and a D for PvE. I'm being very generous with the D by the way. Please try again.

FYI, I'm just judging the drain aspect of it, although it seems the DPS aspect of it is also low. Also, most shield drains in this game suck, specially Tetryon procs.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Dracula says your drain build gets an F for PvP, and a D for PvE. I'm being very generous with the D by the way. Please try again.

FYI, I'm just judging the drain aspect of it, although it seems the DPS aspect of it is also low. Also, most shield drains in this game suck, specially Tetryon procs.
    You are soooo helpful.... :) thank you for wasting your time with that reply :)
    signature.png
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I made some change: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=xindicarrierscicrevision_99

Also you don't need to max out a lot of your skills- Flow Caps yes... Driver Coil...not so much.

For Example:
    You need 6 on Warp Core Potential and Warp Core Efficiency skills... 9 on Flow Caps and Targeting Systems. You can see what I did in my sig below with my skills on my tac Vesta as a guide.

How are your power levels? How are your Crit Chance and Crit Sev levels in space?

Also, what DOFFs do you have slotted? What type of BOFFs do you have stationed [Efficient ones? The KDF one with Pirate? Rom tac officers with Superior Covert?]
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A single Energy siphon doesnt make a Drainboat. Also Polaron is a better approach than tetryon, as you can (in pve) deactivate enemies up to cubes with the proc.
    I wouldnt use the Aquatic as a drainer, as I would think of Tykons Rift 3 as mandatory, and 2 Siphons next. TR3 in a group of spheres means deactivated mob for 15sec.
    The Rest of the build is dps wise not really good, go simply all beams would be wiser.
    edited July 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    A single Energy siphon doesnt make a Drainboat. Also Polaron is a better approach than tetryon, as you can (in pve) deactivate enemies up to cubes with the proc.
    I wouldnt use the Aquatic as a drainer, as I would think of Tykons Rift 3 as mandatory, and 2 Siphons next. TR3 in a group of spheres means deactivated mob for 15sec.
    The Rest of the build is dps wise not really good, go simply all beams would be wiser.

You forget, there are 2 drains... not 1. Believe it or not, this build was inspire by your oddy build. So Phased Polarons would be better you think? Im not trying to do a mega drain boat, I just wanted to have maybe 2 or 3 drains and thats it.
    signature.png
    edited July 2014
    coffeemike wrote: »
    I made some change: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=xindicarrierscicrevision_99

Also you don't need to max out a lot of your skills- Flow Caps yes... Driver Coil...not so much.

For Example:
    You need 6 on Warp Core Potential and Warp Core Efficiency skills... 9 on Flow Caps and Targeting Systems. You can see what I did in my sig below with my skills on my tac Vesta as a guide.

How are your power levels? How are your Crit Chance and Crit Sev levels in space?

Also, what DOFFs do you have slotted? What type of BOFFs do you have stationed [Efficient ones? The KDF one with Pirate? Rom tac officers with Superior Covert?]

I only had driver coil maxed out because I cant stand to go slow in sector space. Yes there is slipstream but that isnt a constant thing. If you read the OP there are no power levels etc etc.
    signature.png
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You forget, there are 2 drains... not 1. Believe it or not, this build was inspire by your oddy build. So Phased Polarons would be better you think? Im not trying to do a mega drain boat, I just wanted to have maybe 2 or 3 drains and thats it.

I can see some similarities, but I still feel slightly offended reading this^^
    Now, 3pc JH-Set is a waste, if you want to use it, use 2pc only (the +dmg is only strength/base).
    Polaron are better than phased polaron.
    Use beams only, no DBB, and kick that Overload for fire at will. Also kick Omega for Beta 3. I would advice to use using 1 TT with 2 purple connofficers, so you can slot 2 FAW+2Beta.
    The lt.engineer either EptA+EptS or -what I would do- EptW+EptS. That way you can decrease shieldpower to Aux, and have near 120 Aux for powerful drains. Though as I said, TR3 is mandatory for a good drain boat (which you cant get on that ship), and 2 Siphons. There is still only one. 3pc JH is not a siphon, its -shieldstrength only and a Joke.
    Traktorbeam is a waste to (and if you think about doffing it, it really becomes a huge waste).
    With high Aux TSS>ST.
    As for consoles, put that leech in the engineering consoles, dont use a Tacticale console slot. I would get rid either of that Cascade or of the RCS, as you dont need it with beams.
    As for the pets, you cant use advanced mesh weavers.

From the traits you dont need the mine-one anymore, living hull can also be discarded and efficient too (that comes from skilltree). If you have other spacetraits here use them, aside from obvious dps-choices, the Fleet phycisist is quite nice, giving the whole team shieldheal for 30sec.
    Skilltree is not optimal, though it doesnt require a asap-reskill.

But I doubt you can make a real drain boat from it, a dps-er with drain-abilities maybe, as there are only 3 sciabilities with drain you can slot (2 lt+1lt.cmd-skill).
    edited July 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    I can see some similarities, but I still feel slightly offended reading this^^
    Now, 3pc JH-Set is a waste, if you want to use it, use 2pc only (the +dmg is only strength/base).
    Polaron are better than phased polaron.
    Use beams only, no DBB, and kick that Overload for fire at will. Also kick Omega for Beta 3. I would advice to use using 1 TT with 2 purple connofficers, so you can slot 2 FAW+2Beta.
    The lt.engineer either EptA+EptS or -what I would do- EptW+EptS. That way you can decrease shieldpower to Aux, and have near 120 Aux for powerful drains. Though as I said, TR3 is mandatory for a good drain boat (which you cant get on that ship), and 2 Siphons. There is still only one. 3pc JH is not a siphon, its -shieldstrength only and a Joke.
    Traktorbeam is a waste to (and if you think about doffing it, it really becomes a huge waste).
    With high Aux TSS>ST.
    As for consoles, put that leech in the engineering consoles, dont use a Tacticale console slot. I would get rid either of that Cascade or of the RCS, as you dont need it with beams.
    As for the pets, you cant use advanced mesh weavers.

From the traits you dont need the mine-one anymore, living hull can also be discarded and efficient too (that comes from skilltree). If you have other spacetraits here use them, aside from obvious dps-choices, the Fleet phycisist is quite nice, giving the whole team shieldheal for 30sec.
    Skilltree is not optimal, though it doesnt require a asap-reskill.

But I doubt you can make a real drain boat from it, a dps-er with drain-abilities maybe, as there are only 3 sciabilities with drain you can slot (2 lt+1lt.cmd-skill).
    Well my aim was DPS with drain or vice versa.
    Would this be a better drain/sci build? http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=saphirevothpalisade_7030
    signature.png