test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[bug] assignments with doffs cannot be started

malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Even though I seem fulfill all requirements, at least according to the game, I can't begin some assignments with my KDF character. For example, I cannot start this assignment:

Image is here!
Post edited by malazancommander on

Comments

• Options
    nintholonintholo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This has happened to me too.
    It seems to be related to assignments lasting more than 45 minutes and less than 4 hours, especially scientific and exploration assignments.

In these cases, even if all requirements are met, the button is disabled.
  • Options
    freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nintholo wrote: »
    It seems to be related to assignments lasting more than 45 minutes and less than 4 hours, especially scientific and exploration assignments.

Not necessarily. I wanted to star the Suliban Cell Ship mission which is 5 days long with only doffs being a requirement to start the mission, and it still wouldn't start.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    freenos85 wrote: »
    Not necessarily. I wanted to star the Suliban Cell Ship mission which is 5 days long with only doffs being a requirement to start the mission, and it still wouldn't start.

Last I checked, 5 days does not fit in to "more than 45 minutes and less than 4 hours".
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've had the same problem on my Romulan KDF Aligned toon ...

Plus a Recruitment mission not only required 1 "Any Officer" but also required 5 colonists? Is that intentional?
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Last I checked, 5 days does not fit in to "more than 45 minutes and less than 4 hours".

That's why i wrote a "Not necessarily." in front of that sentence. To indicate that this mission is outside the observed norm.
  • Options
    digitalwhispersdigitalwhispers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same issue here, but only been seeing it on the character that I'm leveling (currently 29), and not on any of my level 50s
  • Options
    asdfasgadfgasdfgasdfasgadfgasdfg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I also have this problem on my Kilingon some missions just can't be done. Please fix this bug.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same here with my KDF aligned Romulan.

I noticed that the game tried assigning a hologram from the character's crafting pack to the assignment, and their portrait was red. Swapping the hologram with a regular character didn't enable the assignment, though.

This character's level 16. I haven't seen the bug on any of my level 50 characters.
    Update:
    It's mostly with uncommon or rare science assignments.
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had a problem starting Tau Dewa Aid (engineering) with one of my toons. The selection of the DOffs was without problem, I could click on the button Start Assigment but then a big nothing happened. Tried logout-login, map change, but didn't help.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    Same here with my KDF aligned Romulan.

I noticed that the game tried assigning a hologram from the character's crafting pack to the assignment, and their portrait was red. Swapping the hologram with a regular character didn't enable the assignment, though.

This character's level 16. I haven't seen the bug on any of my level 50 characters.
    Update:
    It's mostly with uncommon or rare science assignments.

I have 4 toons at level 50, and the bug still happens from time to time ... Zoning doesn't work, changing characters doesn't work, logging out and back in doesn't work., closing and restarting the entire client/game doesn't work ...

I've also had it happen on Marauding, Engineering, Espionage and Development missions, from "White" to "Purple" missions.
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nintholo wrote: »
    This has happened to me too.

In these cases, even if all requirements are met, the button is disabled.

+1 Yes that! Happens on my three Federation toons (level 11, 50, 50), and specifically the Sci & Exploration ones.
    Also others in the fleet are saying the same thing.

Hot fix this ASAP!
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had Feresian Trial by Combat following me around, taunting me on my newish character. Just got a set of new Doffs, and I can now start it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    I had Feresian Trial by Combat following me around, taunting me on my newish character. Just got a set of new Doffs, and I can now start it.

It's still listed in the "Known issues" of even the latest patch notes, so I guess that means we can't expect a fix any time soon ...

Because historically, once something is listed as a "Known Issue" for more than a couple of patches, it becomes a 'feature' which is 'Working as intended" ;)