test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SE 9.5 STO-bot chicken, Nightmare generator?

kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Ten Forward
Ok so the new .5 Se is out, and its just as bad as we expected... So instead of this being a doom thread, lets, as a community, try to come up with some easy to implement low cost solutions so our cash grab, I mean "gaming company" might be able to stay afloat and maybe we can get back to some trek..

My only real suggestion: MAKE SOME MISSIONS-

anything else I have to say, they'd ban me yet again for flaming our twitter masters..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, the DOFF UI is from the deepest pits of Gre'thor, but otherwise, it's actually a pretty good update. I like the R&D system, the new uniforms are pure awesome, the Xindi lockbox is epic...

Really, the only DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM in this update is that Kahless-forsaken DOFF UI. I strongly suspect that that thing was created by Molor himself...;)
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's not that bad. My biggest gripe is that I dismissed the tutorial text for the new R&D system, and now I can't get it back.

Quick checklist of a couple things people have historically asked for:
    Oddy as default uniform (Check!)
    Oddy available to everyone (Check!)
    Crafting revamp (Check!)
    Xindi (Check!)
    Adding missing components to the Foundry (Check!)

They've been doing a really good job lately at doing things players have asked for. Maybe they haven't addressed your particular gripe yet, but they may well get to it.

The so-called "exploration" missions are gone, but I strongly suspect they will return in a better form.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Other than the clunky menu for selecting your own DOffs... I admit I haven't really had a problem with the new UI.

But I am enjoying the new R&D, being able to get materials by doing what I normally do anyways... More uniform options...

Yea... I'd say overall the 9.5 update has been alright.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited July 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Other than the clunky menu for selecting your own DOffs... I admit I haven't really had a problem with the new UI.

But I am enjoying the new R&D, being able to get materials by doing what I normally do anyways... More uniform options...

Yea... I'd say overall the 9.5 update has been alright.

The new DOFF UI is Fek'lhr, but otherwise it's a good update.

8/10, IMHO.

I'm just hoping for more Xindi soon, especially a playable version...
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, the doff menu is kind of one step forward, two steps back. On one hand it's great that you can see what's required without even clicking in, but on the other it's a pain to use.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, the doff menu is kind of one step forward, two steps back. On one hand it's great that you can see what's required without even clicking in, but on the other it's a pain to use.

Agreed, looks like if it worked** it might be better, but toggling and setting.. pain in the back side...
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    well i less crashing and at least a semblance of UI performance would be a good start.

Once i can stay in the game for longer then a few seconds, i might look at the doff UI in disgust and decide to log out myself.

performance was bad after S9, its turned into a complete joke now, i can't even beam onto EDS and run up to the bank terminal reliably.

on a positive note i no longer have colldowns in space. My skills don't activate either through key binds or clicking, but hey it looks cool everything being available all the time.
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    The new DOFF UI is Fek'lhr, but otherwise it's a good update.

8/10, IMHO.

I'm just hoping for more Xindi soon, especially a playable version...

That along with playable Jem'Hadar would make the game 10 times more awesome.

As a side note, I think I can make a Xindi-Reptilian with the Alien species.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
    edited July 2014
    That along with playable Jem'Hadar would make the game 10 times more awesome.

As a side note, I think I can make a Xindi-Reptilian with the Alien species.

Heh, if they give us playable Jem'Hadar, I would pay 10,000 ZEN for the privilege of playing one.

ESPECIALLY if it were part of a Dominion faction. With voiceovers from Odo and Weyoun...

EPIC.
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Heh, if they give us playable Jem'Hadar, I would pay 10,000 ZEN for the privilege of playing one.

ESPECIALLY if it were part of a Dominion faction. With voiceovers from Odo and Weyoun...

EPIC.

Lol, playable Jem'Hadar would get to go on lots of kamakazi missions!
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    EDIT:
    Sorry didn't see this basic idea had come up before. But hey I like my species list.

You know what, they have made all of these ships in lock boxes, lets start putting something else in lockboxes.

Captain species. Of course, the customization options would be limited to maybe uniforms, and maybe a few presets, but hey, that about the same as the ships really, so why not?

Xindi (all the land walkers in any case) player race, good for one captain slot only.

Tholian player race, good for one captain slot only. No weapons can be used, but you get an auto leveling radiation weapon and re-usuable tholian drones.

Jem Hadar

Changeling (can change into a few preset character options as well as the melee attacks)

Why not Undine, already have the ships.

Breen, with auto leveling cold beam helmet.

Fek'Ihri

And the best part, all of these models are already in the game, they just need to be redone for player use. Granted, that might be harder than I think, but come on, harder than making two ships and a ton of other stuff with new models and behavior every four months?

If Cryptic is feeling generous, they can add in a bonus of a bridge crew of the same species.

Hey, I'd probably buy it off the exchange at least.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member