test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Geko Wants a Foundry Reputation System in the Clusters

In Priority 1 posted twitch recording notes, it contains the following:
Q: Using the foundry challenge to fill in the gaps left behind between Featured Episodes, possibly add the best to the mission journal?

A: Maybe used in a Foundry Contest/Challenge, but not sustainable for the Devs to work on

Geko talks about how he used to to GM Events in City of Heroes and how it was hard to make everyone happy due to game limitations on player capacity.

Geko wants to eventually replace the whole of the Exploration Clusters in their entirety with Foundry Missions on a rotation, and tie it to a Reputation

Link to stream: http://www.twitch.tv/priorityone/b/546933676

Info at 1 hour 28 missions in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kirksplat on

Comments

• Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "this is not something immediately planned and I don't know if we'll do it, because there is a lot to talk about," he states in the audio
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Already posted about it :P.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Already posted about it :P.

Ah sorry Ashkrik. Mods feel free to merge or delete this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The flaw I posted in the other thread.

I see a flaw in this though. If they ended up making a foundry rep and it being only for missions within the cluster, that will segregate the community. I know many authors have mission starts at very specific locations for a purpose. Those who do not start at an exploration cluster would end up struggling for plays even more.

Past experience shows. What do people play the most at the moment? Whatever gives the most shinies. Obviously, people would go mainly for the rep-qualified missions.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, couldn't the tech benefit everyone if that "show missions that start here" was expanded to all locations? We've been asking for something like it for a long time.

The flaw that I see is, yet again, Geko's design offers less choice. The "top 5 missions" that start there. People can't find our missions with the current UI. Creating an even more restrictive list of who gets plays isn't helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
    Not everything needs to be a rep system. The Foundry specifically should always strive to be an alternative to "grindy" content.

If they implement something like this, you know exactly what will happen. People play only the missions they know get them the shiny with as little effort as possible and the missions made by most of us here will NOT see an uptick in plays. They can't fix all the exploits now, how is going to be when there's even more incentive to exploits?

AND, if they do this without solving our accessibility issues (such as the poor search interface and broken tagging system), it will only make our current problems worse.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

AND, if they do this without solving our accessibility issues (such as the poor search interface and broken tagging system), it will only make our current problems worse.

Agreed.

10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Well, couldn't the tech benefit everyone if that "show missions that start here" was expanded to all locations? We've been asking for something like it for a long time.

The flaw that I see is, yet again, Geko's design offers less choice. The "top 5 missions" that start there. People can't find our missions with the current UI. Creating an even more restrictive list of who gets plays isn't helpful.

My point exactly, just further segregating established authors from newcomers.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Not everything needs to be a rep system. The Foundry specifically should always strive to be an alternative to "grindy" content.

If they implement something like this, you know exactly what will happen. People play only the missions they know get them the shiny with as little effort as possible and the missions made by most of us here will NOT see an uptick in plays. They can't fix all the exploits now, how is going to be when there's even more incentive to exploits?

Exactly! People will go straight for shinies. I bet you that most who play the spotlights play them only because they get the bonuses.