test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Odyssey not available for KDF Marauding officers

rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Like the subject says, the uniform isn't available like the blog says it's supposed to be.

screenshot_2014-07-08-21-02-20.jpg
screenshot_2014-07-08-21-11-46.jpg
screenshot_2014-07-08-20-55-08.jpg

Also, any changes made to the face/skin tone don't occur/revert back to what they were initially
bridges.jpg
Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Issue verified and sent on to be fixed. Thanks for the report.
    STO QA Team
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Wait, so this might just actually be fixed? How long has it been? 2 years?
    I need a beer.

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wait, so this might just actually be fixed? How long has it been? 2 years?

It'd be great but I doubt it. There seems to be too many layers of bugs to it.

For instance, I have the same trouble as OP, however I haven't even got 'arm attach' fields showing (on Tribble):
    http://s2.postimg.org/felsmj8d3/screenshot_2014_07_08_18_27_15.jpg
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited July 2014

AWESOME! NUMFAR! DO THE DANCES OF JOY AND HONOR!
    bridges.jpg
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Let me clarify something. I did bug the issue that Marauder Boffs cannot change their costume. If/when this is fixed, they will still not be able to use the Odyssey or any other Starfleet uniform option. This is by design as these are intended to represent Federation races who have gone to work for the Klingons and therefore are not part of Starfleet, and so won't be wearing Starfleet uniforms.
    STO QA Team
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Let me clarify something. I did bug the issue that Marauder Boffs cannot change their costume. If/when this is fixed, they will still not be able to use the Odyssey or any other Starfleet uniform option. This is by design as these are intended to represent Federation races who have gone to work for the Klingons and therefore are not part of Starfleet, and so won't be wearing Starfleet uniforms.

This makes, no sense, what so ever. If a Klingon "Marauder", decided to join Starfleet, he/she would still be issued a Starfleet uniform. Same goes in reverse, with a former Starfleet operative, now joining the KDF.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It makes perfect sense. What you said also makes perfect sense. The uniform choices/restrictions/omissions are just confusing and nonsensical at times.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is the post that has lead to the confusion:
    Update for everyone! Adding this to the blog as well.

Q: Can my cross faction Bridge Officer wear the Odyssey/Bortasqu' uniform?

A: Yes! Mr Marrone and I just confirmed it, if you have your Diplomacy/Marauding cross faction BOff, you can indeed access the uniform for their corresponding fleet.

Make sure to try this on your Fed/KDF BOffs if you have reached top tier in Diplomacy/Marauding CXP and have claimed your cross faction Bridge Officer.

Enjoy your new snazy threads everyone :)

~CaptainSmirk

Obviously, what you're saying is, this is incorrect. But it's also not intended that the boffs have zero customizability.
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    This makes, no sense, what so ever. If a Klingon "Marauder", decided to join Starfleet, he/she would still be issued a Starfleet uniform. Same goes in reverse, with a former Starfleet operative, now joining the KDF.

Except they can't wear the Starfleet uniforms, much to our annoyance. KDF boffs earned through Diplomacy CXP for Federation captains (such as a Gorn boff on a Fed ship) can only wear KDF uniforms and not anything from the Starfleet uniform sets, and in addition still use the KDF red beam-out effect even while the rest of the Away Team uses the blue Federation transporter effect.

Marauder boffs should get access to KDF uniforms just as Diplomacy boffs should use Starfleet uniforms. And if you're Romulan... well, you should be able to put your Diplomacy or Marauder boff in a Romulan Republic uniform.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    drreverend wrote: »

Marauder boffs should get access to KDF uniforms just as Diplomacy boffs should use Starfleet uniforms. And if you're Romulan... well, you should be able to put your Diplomacy or Marauder boff in a Romulan Republic uniform.

I would be ok with this.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would be ok with this.

It would be fair to all parties involved and allow captains/players to keep their bridge crews thematically appropriate. Why is that Gorn in a Starfleet uniform? Because he's a Starfleet officer. Why is that Andorian in KDF leathers? Because he's a member of the Klingon Defense Force. Etc.

The galaxy's a big place with trillions of people in it. The Federation alone has a population of over a trillion. There are always outliers, renegades, defectors, and people who were plain born on a colony or world that's in an opposing empire. I'm sure there are renegade Humans who are in the KDF or working as pirates and mercenaries, just as there are Orions who aren't members of the Syndicate and enlisted with Starfleet. So it's entirely fitting within the canon and universe to have this option for the boffs.
    edited July 2014

That's all well and good, I'd be fine with them in KDF uniforms if possible, I just want to be able to do SOMETHING with them. and like was said, it was suggested in the post they'd be able to, so yeah there's some confusion
    bridges.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014

Perhaps you should clarify your clarification with the Odyssey and Bortasqu' Uniform News Article then as they are in contradiction.

For Odyssey Uniforms from the News Article
    Klingon officers who have reached Rank 4 of their Marauding CXP status and claimed their enemy faction BOff from DS9, will be able to outfit their Starfleet faction Bridge-Officer in the Odyssey uniform.

For Bortasqu' Uniforms from the News Article
    Starfleet officers who have reached Rank 4 of their Diplomatic CXP status and claimed their enemy faction BOff from DS9, will be able to outfit their Klingon Defense Force faction Bridge-Officer in the Bortasqu' uniform.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Perhaps you should clarify your clarification with the Odyssey and Bortasqu' Uniform News Article then as they are in contradiction.

it's possible that Frost simply didn't know this was in the pipeline, but yes I agree that some clarification would be helpful at this point.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
    edited July 2014

For Odyssey Uniforms from the News Article

For Bortasqu' Uniforms from the News Article

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6003273-odyssey-and-bortasqu%27-uniforms-coming-soon%21
    bridges.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    rtk142 wrote: »

I'm unsure why you've quoted my post and then posted a link to the news article that I quoted from. Was that just for him to find the article easier?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can they wear KDF uniforms eventually though? :(
    drreverend wrote: »
    Agreed 9,001%.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The odyssey uniform is a STARFLEET uniform. Why would Klingons or romulans be able to wear it? That .makes no sense. Also, since we're talking cross faction, why are Klingon alligned doffs and boffs available on the fed exchange when we can't even use them? This is also an issue that makes no sense.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm equally confused as many others, Frost. Do you mean Smirk and the blog are wrong? Do you mean even after a potential bugfix, Marauder Boffs will still only be able to wear the one shirt?

I wouln't call the latter much of a fix. Sure it'd be great to actually customise said shirt, or hair, face. But I'd really like to get access to some uniforms for them. I don't really care if it's the BortasQu' or the Odyssey one, just some uniforms please. If you fix the customisation but we'll keep being locked to shirts and nothing else, it's still kinda pathetic. More so seeing the Diplomacy Boffs can wear pretty much any KDF standard outfits.

This area really needs clearing and fixing after the two years of being bugged.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd be perfectly fine with KDF marauding boffs being able to wear KDF costumes, and Fed diplo boffs being able to wear Fed costumes. I'd love to see my Gorn boff in an Odyssey uniform.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd love to see my Gorn boff in an Odyssey uniform.
    I would eat a baby to get my Fed Gorn in an Oddy uniform.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Uhm, so representatives of the Klingon Empire joining the Federation can wear Klingon uniforms? That is illogical thinking that is covering up an excuse for not wanting to address the issue, if this line of thinking was accurate then Diplomacy boffs would be locked as well. My Federation Gorn boff can wear a Klingon Empire uniform and a KLINGON EMPIRE BADGE:

http://i.imgur.com/T3jy6rL.jpg

Is that by design? Plus, does anybody remember this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rJvf2FWLlXk/UTkyvRJ030I/AAAAAAAACKo/dsVpAoPKamw/s1600/amatterofhonor199.jpg

Or this:

https://rindastartrekds9.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/32.jpg

The simplest fix would be to let these boffs wear whatever species specific outfits they come with and the outfits of their alignment (Fed allied Gorn wear Fed uniforms, KDF allied Ferengi wear KDF uniforms). And don't get me started on Jem'Hadar/Reman/Breen boffs!!
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You aren't the only ones who are confused.

Sorry for the miss-information about the Fed Renegade BOffs using the Ody uniforms.

We are currently checking to see what the final result will be for these cross faction BOffs being able to access the uniforms ad we will get back to you as soon as we have a final answer.

Thanks for your patience!

~CaptainSmirk
    edited July 2014
    I'm unsure why you've quoted my post and then posted a link to the news article that I quoted from. Was that just for him to find the article easier?

yes that was my intent, sorry for the confusion.
    You aren't the only ones who are confused.

Sorry for the miss-information about the Fed Renegade BOffs using the Ody uniforms.

We are currently checking to see what the final result will be for these cross faction BOffs being able to access the uniforms ad we will get back to you as soon as we have a final answer.

Thanks for your patience!

~CaptainSmirk

No worries dude, thanks for trying to get answers for us, it really is appreciated. You and Trendy and Bran before you have all been great at what you do, I don't really think I could handle it.
    bridges.jpg
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What about allowing the Marauding Bridge Officers to use the Off Duty outfits? At least until something else gets made for them? It would allow us to customize them more then we can now at least. :)

Just my two cents or EC. :)
    edited July 2014
    What about allowing the Marauding Bridge Officers to use the Off Duty outfits? At least until something else gets made for them? It would allow us to customize them more then we can now at least. :)

Just my two cents or EC. :)

I'd be fine with that
    bridges.jpg
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    How many times ...

Diplomacy bridge officers are exchange officers, they dont "join the Federation", they are on a exchange like when Riker was exchanged with a Klingon Officer in a TNG episode.

Did Riker changed uniform? no ... did the Klingon changed uniform? no.

Marauding bridge officers are not Federation officers, they are simply people that joined up but they arent members of the KDF either, thus they dont wear either uniform (its like you saying a civilian contractor of Academi should be wearing the US Army uniform), likewise Breen dont wear any of the factions uniforms because they arent commissioned officers on either the KDF, RR or Starfleet.

Well I tried to find anything in game to support that diplomacy bridge officers are in fact exchange officers, all I could find was this:

http://i.imgur.com/3yeXgmt.png

Fairly vague, doesn't really specify if they're members of the KDF still or not, just says they're from the KDF... When you look at the reward list for tier IV diplomacy in the duty officer UI it only says 'Select a single Bridge Officer candidate from an enemy faction' and it says this for both diplomacy and marauding.

Now when I went to the marauding guy I got this:

http://i.imgur.com/y8Uyfow.png

While there's literally nothing at all here the window is titled "Renegade Officer Assignment". So according to this marauding boffs are defectors... seems to me like the devs don't even know what's going on because no one took the time to sit down and write detailed descriptions and reasoning for anything with regard to these boffs.

So after that I realized I was going about things all wrong and went to what I know... duty officers. The diplomacy/marauding duty officers have fun little quotes that I guess are there to give them a light backstory... I don't know it was probably an afterthought, but they are revealing in some cases:

http://i.imgur.com/JUG1bJT.png
    http://i.imgur.com/to2sFav.png

These Orion and Gorn officers seem more than willing to stick it to the Klingons, understandable seeing how they did invade/enslave their people according to STO lore. Now let's look at some KDF marauding duty officer quotes:

http://i.imgur.com/aQ7Atzo.png

Well this Bolian doesn't like the Federation, that was a fairly common statement made with most of these doffs. A few mention they felt like they were free in the KDF, etc... then we have this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/CQqDX7R.png

This kitty wants blood, but is also a very tired kitty :P So are Diplomacy/Marauding doffs and boffs exchange officers, civilians working for the opposite faction, defectors? Well the Federation does have a policy allowing non-aligned species, hence why you see Ferengi running around ESD, so species that have had their planets annexed by the KDF and are forced to fight with them or against them could probably quite easily join the Federation. Now with regards to the Klingon Empire and nonaligned species you kinda reach a grey area, but when you look at Letheans.. they are basically mercenaries in the KDF according to lore, yet they can wear Klingon Uniforms??? So these marauding boffs aren't allowed because they are... not mercenaries? :confused:

All I do know is the fact that you can't edit anything on marauding boffs is obviously some kind of bug, if this weren't the case then the edit button in the tailor would be greyed out like it is with Breen/Remans/Etc.

And while you can argue that the Klingons would probably not want any Federation or unaligned species wearing their uniforms.... well I'll just leave these gems here:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Q65l7RHUx2A/0.jpg
    http://doena-journal.net/wp-content/uploads/episodes/ds9/292px-Quark_with_batleth.jpg
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm just grateful that marauders are finally getting looked at. While it would be nice if they had access to all the Fed options, I can live with off-duty outfits and the uniform choices that aren't actually uniforms like the Seven of Nine, T'Pol and counsellor outfits.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)