test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Non violent missions for a pacifist captain?

coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
It's an idea that has been knocking around in my head for a while. A Captain that refuses to use guns or offensive capabilities themselves, on their ship and their Boffs. It could be an interesting alternative to the usual run n' gun, or the worst idea in recent memory...I haven't decided yet :)

It's a play style which comes with many problems regarding levelling (especially now the clusters have been removed, some of those randomly generated missions could be completed easily without firing a shot), so I'm wondering if the Foundry would be a useful tool here.

So my question is, are there such things as non violent Foundry missions? Would they be 'tagged' in the description if they were?

My other questions relate to EXP since the idea here is to play potential non violent Foundry content as a means to level my character. So do you gain EXP for completing a Foundry mission without the officer reports daily? And if not, when does the daily become available? I suspect it's only available at 50, useful as a means of Dil but obviously useless for a levelling toon.

Once I hit level 11 Doffs are unlocked and gaining EXP would become much easier. Slow pace sure but guaranteed. Perhaps the new crafting system grants it too, but I'm not sure on that one - not read much into it.

Any help would be appreciated, feel free also to suggest missions and I could put a list together or something. Oh and here is a build I have been playing with, to give a better idea of what I'm going for.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i know of a few that have next to almost no combat in them and instead focus on story.

but missions with no combat at all would be a problem as i think to many ppl enjoy killing things :rolleyes:
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • hawkhawkinshawkhawkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm at rank 3 undine exclusively from raising risian tiki monkeys.
    I am developing the tiki monkey boarding party 3.
    I am become death. Death by rabid tiki monkey invasion.
    So mote it be.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OP, you've set yourself quite the challenge here. I've got one char slot left and I think I might try this as well.

Bravo for thinking outside the box.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have two completely non-combat missions.

"The Needs of the Few" and "Return to Terra Nova."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All non-combat foundry missions should explicitly tell the player that they are non-combat.

But I'm not sure the tagging system will be completely helpful. If a single player accidently tags a mission as combat (even though it isn't) it will still be counted has having combat for (Story not Combat) tag searches.

My best suggestion is to try one of KF's 2 non-combat. Try one of mine or do a search for "no combat" or "non-combat" in the foundry.

Baz's Non-combat missions:

Starfleet Experimentation
    Hidden Intelligence
    Ghosts of the Polmar Ree (Ghosts is a work based on the mission of a different foundry author Alimac30. City of the Polmar Ree. City has combat but Ghosts doesn't but I hope I have provided enough back story for those that haven't played City)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    MY mission Darkness Between the Stars has minimal combat.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg