test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why is no one willing to...

semper8semper8 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
start a fleet and get paid for it lol ive been looking for people to start a fleet with for days... im offering 1 mil per person that will join and a group and stand there... do people not like EC now a days??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Its not that folks won't help you start a fleet but maybe due to a lot of seasoned folks with fleetless alts don't use zone chat anymore due to the mindless drivel which gets spouted there.

the best bet is to get yourself in an established fleet to make a few friends and then help each other with alts to get the fleet started.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • semper8semper8 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yea i was thinking that, it just blow my mind lol i thought it was crazy
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you are offering 1 million then I will bring an alt and help you. Addme @steveangelis.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Its because Most of the player base is already in a Fleet. Also they have more than likely donated enough stuff to be able to buy from their fleet stores. No one is gonna give that up for 1 Mil Ecs. Plus the friends they have made. Me personaly, I feel as if I'm in one of the Best Fleets avaliable
    "The 18th Fleet". I wouldn't sell out for 100 mil Ecs.

We are always Looking for New Recruits
    We are a Very Friendly Fleet. We will help with missions, Stfs and even the New Crafting Revamp. We have regular Fleet Meetings weekly and discuss Stfs and Fleet holdings.

We have a Tier 5 Starbase with a Tier 3 Dilithium mine, Tier 3 Embassy and a Tier 3 Spire. All holdings are maxed out.

Please send me a whisper ingame at Groot@hyefather for a Fleet invite.

All the Details about promotions and the requirments are posted in our Fleet into tab. We will do our best to see that your STO experience is the best it can be.

"The 18th Fleet"
    JOIN NOW
    We are a Federation Fleet.
    edited July 2014
    Im not offering it to join the fleet just to start it and leave
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,745 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    FED or KDF?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited July 2014
    Oh and as an add on to other comments please dont forget a good majority are currently sitting on Risa for summer event so may have more luck recruiting there.

edited July 2014
    FED and thats very true I didnt think of that. Im @semperpimpin if anyone wants to earn that mil
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Depending on how and where you are asking, it probably sounds like a scam too people.

Also, 1 million ec is not really all that much in today's game.
    y1arXbh.png

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have enough EC that I don't even look at the prices on the exchange before buying... If you can't match that, theres no reason to pay attention.

Also, I think STO has enough fleets that are doomed already.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited July 2014
    Its free all you have to do is stand there lol I think that's more then enough to join a group then leave
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    semper8 wrote: »
    Its free all you have to do is stand there lol I think that's more then enough to join a group then leave

I'd do that for 10 million. Maybe. :rolleyes:
    Seriously, a million is change nowadays.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    I'd do that for 10 million. Maybe. :rolleyes:
    Seriously, a million is change nowadays.

Change? The vending machines can only return 100,000,000 minimum.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Change? The vending machines can only return 100,000,000 minimum.

Sorry, but that joke is lost to me... not a native English speaker. Don't you say "change" when you mean "very little money", too? :confused:
    Or is your joke somehow expanding on that?
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    start a fleet and get paid for it lol ive been looking for people to start a fleet with for days... im offering 1 mil per person that will join and a group and stand there... do people not like EC now a days??

We're busy grinding our butts off and ESD zone chat lowers my IQ every time I glance at it. I basically log in, start up my rep dailies on all of my alts, maybe run a few neb rescues on a couple characters, do a pearl risa run on my rommie, and then maybe do a little dilithium grinding in the voth battle zone. That usually takes me about an hour if I'm lucky.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I will be more than happy to help you start up the new fleet, and you can keep your EC. I will not be staying, since I am already in a fleet I like, (however, I will not use your thread as a fleet recruitment for it, since that is not the respectful thing to do, and not the proper place to do so).

I know that it can be hard to get others to offer a little time for help in the game, without needing to bribe them. If you, or anyone wanting to start a new fleet need someone willing to help a fellow gamer, then send me an invite in-game, and I will be more than happy to help.

Just send a private mail on the forums to let me know what day, and what time you need me. If you can give me at least a day's notice beforehand, that will be best, to make sure I can make it.

Good luck, have fun, and happy gaming.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
    edited July 2014
    From the posts I gathered you were there now trying to start the fleet but in 25minutes of enduring zone chat talking trash about politics and religion etc not a single person requested help in starting a fleet.

• knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    From the posts I gathered you were there now trying to start the fleet but in 25minutes of enduring zone chat talking trash about politics and religion etc not a single person requested help in starting a fleet.

Yup, that sounds about right. Risa and ESD zone chat are full of mindless and petty squabbling about unimportant issues. Have fun trying to post anything on there.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I have a couple characters I can use to help you, I will be logging into thegame in a few if you still need help. Send me a mail @DeWitt_LSF.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
    edited July 2014
    Basically the "joke" is that the currency (EC) is so devalued that a hypothetical vending machine in game won't give change for any amount less than a hundred million.

EC are like 1 cent pennies.

Another example, I remember when I could go to my banks ATM and withdraw only $5 or $10 bucks at a time. These days you can only get $20's. The machines won't "make change" for less than that.

Hope that helps.

It does. Thanks.

And yeah, that might actually be true. :D
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!