test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Craftable modular sets

mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
As the title says, any chance for craftable sets other then the aegis set?

Right now, the pinnacle of the crafting schools completion are a few items that there are "Can equip only 1" type. So why not bundle them into a weapon set: that special plasma torpedo, the 2 special consoles (eng+sci) and 1 energy weapon ([Arc] DHCs or omni beam). And give various bonuses as non-specific energy type, like some skills increase or something. This way it will make them more atractive, since most ppl dont have any incentive for the [Arc] weapons atm anyway. But looking at holodeck, the AP omni-beam and some special cannons like the Elachi lobi cannon are used alot mostly for been part of a set rather then for their own usefulness, since in most cases ppl will lose DPS using that weapon.

Same thing goes for ground. I am afraid the TR-116 B rifle will be just a novelty or a situational weapon at best. Giving the feedback ppl provided that they want craftable kits and questions about the horta crafting, how about a 3 pc set composed of the rifle, a craftable profesion-specific kit and a device. But not a horta combat pet device (as cute as he may be), but an exographic targeting visor that boosts range a bit (the visual are allready in-game as a tailor head option). And as a 3pc set power how about a 3 mins CD clicky that allows for 10 secs the exact thing that the rifle did in the show. To be able to target (and fire) thru the walls the siluettes of the enemy in red and friendly with green. Dunno if the teh for this can be made, alto the enemies can be seen "thru" walls via the mini-map. And ppl in PvP are using the Opsidian cane to drain thru walls since long ago...
And maybe this would be an oportunity to update the rifle visual model to resemble the one in the show: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/TR-116_rifle.
Post edited by mosul33 on

Comments

• Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would definitely love some more crafttable sets.
    I don't know that it has to use the stuff we've already seen, though. The Tr-116B as a set piece sounds great, but I'd rather see more choices in consoles and torpedoes than use what's already there for the sets.