test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Spire Elite Plasma Integrated Amp Cores...opinions?

sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Federation Discussion
Dear all,

I am now in the process of upgrading my Obelisk core on my Odyssey with one of the Spire Elite Plasma Integrated Amp Cores.

My powers (ignoring the current boosts from the soon to be replaced Obelisk core) are something like this:

125/100
77/60
37/20
56/20

My plan is to get a W>S core in order to boost my shields.
I am quite happy with the engine/aux settings as they are already sufficiently boosted by my Plasmonic Leech anyway.
With the W>S my shields should easily reach max power with the leech.

Then, however, I started thinking and wondered about the following:

1) If I were to get S>W instead, how effective would this be at fighting the energy drain from my 7 beams?

2) Or should I maybe consider W>E in order to have all systems above 75 (with leech) to maximize the benefits from the “AMP” feature of these cores? (with W>S or S>W I would have only 3 systems above 75).

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance for your time and opinions.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Are you antiproton? Obi core gives more dps then amp

If not, I'd go w>s. And feed a bit more power to engines from those shields.

Cheers
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Are you antiproton? Obi core gives more dps then amp

If not, I'd go w>s. And feed a bit more power to engines from those shields.

Cheers

Thank you for the reply.

I use Phasers (the canon feel/look/sound of phasers is important to me) so I do not use the 2-piece AP damage boost from the Obelisk core.

Using W>S and feeding a bit of the excess power of the shields to the engines is my current plan. Maybe I could even manage to get the engines to reach 75 post-leech whilst allowing the shield to max-out. Not sure.

Is the 7.5% x>y calculated from your base power level or your boosted/modified power level?
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sf911 wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply.

I use Phasers (the canon feel/look/sound of phasers is important to me) so I do not use the 2-piece AP damage boost from the Obelisk core.

Using W>S and feeding a bit of the excess power of the shields to the engines is my current plan. Maybe I could even manage to get the engines to reach 75 post-leech whilst allowing the shield to max-out. Not sure.

Is the 7.5% x>y calculated from your base power level or your boosted/modified power level?
    Modified/boosted
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree