test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Error Attempting to Play Map

djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
I was going back to one of my Foundry missions to use the new floor props on some of my maps. It had been going find and I had been able to preview the maps afterwards. However, I tried to preview a map I made those changes on a few days ago, but I'm now getting an error message that says, "Error attempting to play map." Has anyone else run into this problem?
Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No, this is the first I've seen of this error. It sounds like something has specifically gone wrong with your mission. You should post your mission ID so the devs can take a look.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    djxprime wrote: »
    I was going back to one of my Foundry missions to use the new floor props on some of my maps. It had been going find and I had been able to preview the maps afterwards. However, I tried to preview a map I made those changes on a few days ago, but I'm now getting an error message that says, "Error attempting to play map." Has anyone else run into this problem?

Let me know the mission ID and I'll take a look.
    STO QA Team
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks. it's ST-HPW9O2H3Y. The map in question is Ikazuchi Deck 6. It appears to be something specific with that map because the other maps open up fine. Fortunately I haven't published the changes yet.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    OK, I'm finding the same issue, so I submitted a bug for it. I have no idea when someone might be able to take a look at it.

As a workaround, I found that if you play the map that comes before Deck 6, you'll transfer to Deck 6 at the appropriate point, and can then play through the Deck 6 map. After that you can load it from the play map button, at least while the editor is still open. It's end of day for me, so I'll have to look at this some more later.
    STO QA Team
This discussion has been closed.