test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Um... for all intents and purposes... I'd be asking a crewman to do me. Do you have any idea how awkward that would be?

... Do you know how awkward it is to watch yourself mentally break, then sh*t and TRIBBLE yourself? I think you can sacrifice something...
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So...wait.

Somewhere out there, there is an entire army of evil, sexed-up duplicates of ME???

*preens in Grand Vizieratorial robes for a moment*

Well. Can't decide if I want to KILL THEM WITH FIRE (and the Smitation Gun) before they ruin my reputation, or invite them to my place and introduce them to my contractually-obligated harem...

Hail Ba'al!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,452 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Kuntel... she's an evil twin. Not only that...
    *Realizes something*
    Wait... you said these clones have our memories?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited July 2014
    Kuntel... she's an evil twin. Not only that...
    *Realizes something*
    Wait... you said these clones have our memories?

First, no, she's an evil clone. Similar, but different.

Second, yes, they do...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,452 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    That means...
    *Ship looses power*
    *Groans* She's got my access codes... -_-
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited July 2014
    That means...
    *Ship looses power*
    *Groans* She's got my access codes... -_-

... Well, this is certainly a dilemma. I would suggest moving everyone to the hangar so she can't escape...
    edited July 2014
    *The Superior Force drops out of hyperspace, its titanic bulk larger than some moons. The Glorious Fleet is behind it.*

Hey, all! We just finished wiping up an All-Father fleet. Anybody need us for anything?

Hail Ba'al!
    edited July 2014
    *The fleet discovers the USS Lexington drifting in orbit without power*

She doesn't need the shuttle bay. She can take the Captain's Yatch, power up a Transporter Room... she's got options.
    edited July 2014
    *The fleet discovers the USS Lexington drifting in orbit without power*

She doesn't need the shuttle bay. She can take the Captain's Yatch, power up a Transporter Room... she's got options.

Well, this is a bit of a weird question, but can you smell her?
    edited July 2014
    I... smell... everything. Sorry... just too many people aboard to single out a single individual.
    edited July 2014
    But, if she's in heat, it should be unique. Pheromones and all that...
    edited July 2014
    Yea... and I'm still inexperienced. I have no idea what I'm looking for. Shadow might, but I sure as hell don't.
    edited July 2014
    ... Well what would you do in her position?

*Shakes head*

Think like a sex starved, cornered animal.
    edited July 2014
    *Deadpan look*
    *Gets bowled over by something furry*
    Ow... what was...
    *Sees a tail disappear around a corner*
    Either that was Shadow... or we just got a lucky break.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sander233 wrote: »
    It'll be ready about thirty-six hours from now.

In additition the aforementioned mass-negated neutronium alloy double hull and improved battlecloak, your ship is being outfitted with dual 240cm-caliber rail guns and a particle stream cannon in a centerline housing, and dual turret-mounted 90cm rail guns top and bottom, in addition to a full complement of other nasty armament.

The big guns won't be planet-killers, but with antimatter warheads they ought to lay waste to a region the size of Arizona with a single shot. You certainly won't have any trouble chewing through enemy capital ships with those bad boys.

The particle stream cannon, on the other hand, is theoretically capable of drilling straight through a rocky planetary body, if you fired it from geosync orbit at full power for an hour or two. Or it can be dialed down and used to inscribe your name on the surface of a moon or asteroid. It is also capable of defeating any known shield.

They're installing the ship's AI right now. Is there any particular personality profile you'd like?
    one that isn't a damn psychopath like M-5 or Skynet was would be good

and where is this centerline housed particle cannon being placed? the ship is split down the middle until it reaches the hangar bay, which is roughly in the center of the ship...that doesn't leave a lot of room for BFGs
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited July 2014
    one that isn't a damn psychopath like M-5 or Skynet was would be good

and where is this centerline housed particle cannon being placed? the ship is split down the middle until it reaches the hangar bay, which is roughly in the center of the ship...that doesn't leave a lot of room for BFGs

The plan is to split the hangar bay in half down the middle and mount the gun right through the centerline. You'll lose some auxiliary craft capacity, but the supergun is SO worth it.

The standard AI personality is based off of your very own Grand Vizier, but you may of course specify a particular personality if you wish.

Hail Ba'al!
    edited July 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    The plan is to split the hangar bay in half down the middle and mount the gun right through the centerline. You'll lose some auxiliary craft capacity, but the supergun is SO worth it.

The standard AI personality is based off of your very own Grand Vizier, but you may of course specify a particular personality if you wish.

Hail Ba'al!
    uh, yeah...no offense, but i don't want you on my ship twenty-four seven...how about Sun Tzu?

and considering the damn base model could already hold more fighters than an imperial star destroyer twice its size, and this thing is going to be FOUR times the size...i'm already going to be able to field well over three hundred fighters, bombers and other small craft

hell, maybe i'll see about getting some nausicaan siphon pods...suck my enemies dry *evil, insane cackle*
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited July 2014
    uh, yeah...no offense, but i don't want you on my ship twenty-four seven...how about Sun Tzu?

and considering the damn base model could already hold more fighters than an imperial star destroyer twice its size, and this thing is going to be FOUR times the size...i'm already going to be able to field well over three hundred fighters, bombers and other small craft

hell, maybe i'll see about getting some nausicaan siphon pods...suck my enemies dry *evil, insane cackle*

Well, that's certainly an atypical use of the Time Jumper, but definitely within protocol.

It shall be done!

Hail Ba'al!
    edited July 2014

Well, that's certainly an atypical use of the Time Jumper, but definitely within protocol.

It shall be done!

Hail Ba'al!
    uh...why do you need a time jumper just to install an AI personality?

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2014
    uh...why do you need a time jumper just to install an AI personality?

So that we can observe the actual Sun Tzu and model his personality properly for the AI.

Hail Ba'al!
    edited July 2014
    So that we can observe the actual Sun Tzu and model his personality properly for the AI.

Hail Ba'al!
    the man literally poured his entire being into The Art of War...you can't just read that for a reference?

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2014
    the man literally poured his entire being into The Art of War...you can't just read that for a reference?

For starters. We're talking a near-perfect copy of the man's entire psyche, augmented with modern knowledge and the processing power to handle an advanced warship.

The book gives us a boost, but protocol requires a little extra research.

Hail Ba'al!
    edited July 2014
    *Deadpan look*
    *Gets bowled over by something furry*
    Ow... what was...
    *Sees a tail disappear around a corner*
    Either that was Shadow... or we just got a lucky break.

*Poses and points after the thing.*

The hunt begins! Come on!

*Grabs Jade's arm and hurries after it.*
    edited July 2014
    by the way, that was not me...when i bowl someone over, they're usually laid up in the hospital for the next month

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2014
    *Follows*
    *Runs by an open door to a Transporter room, just as someone beams out*
    TRIBBLE... she restored power to the Transporter to...
    *Transporter console blows up*
    I am starting to hate her...
    edited July 2014
    *Follows*
    *Runs by an open door to a Transporter room, just as someone beams out*
    TRIBBLE... she restored power to the Transporter to...
    *Transporter console blows up*
    I am starting to hate her...
    i'm starting to get that feeling from you

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2014
    Until I can change my access codes, she'll have free reign on the Lexington.

Still don't know what kind of damage she caused.

This is gonna take forever...
    edited July 2014
    better get to the bridge quickly and change them

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2014
    To the Jeffries tube then?

*Looks at Jade.*

I have no idea how to get anywhere near the bridge.... soooooo.....
    edited July 2014
    *Beams aboard the Lexington*

Morning, Regime! I brought tofu bacon cheeseburgers! Made with mixed-vegetable soy patties and real tofu bacon!

Hail Ba'al!

(note: I am vegetarian, in the joke as well as IRL. So I'm bringing vegetarian bacon cheeseburgers, which are in fact theoretically possible)