test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    Rax: Well I meant more if you had a Darth name. Like I know Oculus isn't her real name. *he jabs a finger at her*

*Mako shares them with her and sets up a game on a holoemitter for them to play*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,149 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Kaden: *takes the offered snack* is it unethical to ask one of you to get my hat back from Quark across the hall. That thing has been in my family for generations since my however many greats-grandfather Pip Bernadotte met his end.... and I know he'd charge me a fortune to get it back
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,898 Arc User
    jaessa: no i was never really involved with galactic affairs....

evelynn: i have to pee, ill be back. *she hops down from the chair and puts her hood up.*

jaessa: wait hold on.

evelynn: *is already out of the bay.*

jaessa: *sighs* i swear shes to strong willed for her own good..... as for the hat im not sure.

evelynn: *walks into quarks and heads to the counter.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    alex: just be an observer for now - if we lived in a just universe, this mission would go off without a hitch...but we don't, and our task force in particular seems to be cursed, to paraphrase an old chinese proverb, 'to live in interesting times', so i expect you might get a chance to show off your skills at some point *he exits onto the bridge, whereupon his XO leaps to his feet and cries 'captain on the-*before being interrupted by alex going 'at ease! and i've told you to stop doing that!', to which the XO only smirks and takes his seat again while alex takes his and motions dundee to the free one to his left, then calling for a channel opened to the exeter* krys, the conundrum is ready to depart - who else is coming with us besides garak - you happen to know?

(*bonks rattler*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Kaden: *sighs* fair enough.

Quark: *comes over to the bar, looking down at Evelynn* What can I get you? *acting like this is normal. Other species can be weird. She could just be a short person to him. Why should he care as long as they have latinum*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (now here's an interesting question...are ferengi going to be resistant or immune to force persuasion, since they're immune to betazoid telepathy? if their minds can't be read, there's a strong chance they can't be influenced either)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    (I had the same exact question )
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Not really. I would assume Defiant, but right now... who knows.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    alex: i hope you never meet one either - the last thing we need is the borg assimilating augments *he turns back to the viewscreen* so jessica isn't coming? she usually does...what about o'connor - he should be back by now, since he was only supposed to be gone a week​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Nick is not back yet. Romani has command of the Tepes. So if you wanna leave them behind rattler so you have less to manage feel free)
    edited August 2020
    (I think they would just be resistant to it. Even people who are like 90%cybernetic have been mind tricked with the force before, it just depends on how powerful/skilled the person doing the mind trick is.)

Rax: Should someone go after her?

Mako: I could! *she is very quick to Volunteer*

(I don't know if Evelynn could do it, but Oculus could definitely force persuade a ferengi)
    (cybernetics don't make any difference if the brain is still fully organic - ferengi brains are physiologically resistant to telepathy because of their four-lobed design, however; that's not something that should be easily overcome by sheer power, though being as we've never seen an undine go up against a ferengi, we don't actually know if that physical trait CAN be overcome by strength alone)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited August 2020
    (The cybernetic individuals didn't even really have a brain left. They were so cybernetic their minds were actually linked together through their modifications, and force ghosts can be force persuaded and those of course don't even have a brain. While the brain is sort of involved in the mind trick, there's a few cases of it not really being necessarry. Its more about will power than being able to resist telepathy)
    edited August 2020
    (I mean there is Watto that says he can't be mind tricked because of his species. And then there are hutts)

Kaden: you seem excited?

Dundee: not gonna lie, think I'd off myself if they tried. I did not go to sleep in 1993 to wake up this year to become a robot zombie.
    (Evelynn is pretty strong in the force tho she’s only a child and she’s mastered things that would take others a life time)

Jaessa: go ahead I don’t want her getting into trouble.

Evelynn: *pulls her good down showing that she is in fact a small child* I’m looking for a hat. A special one tho
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    ((I’ve mind tricked hutts and watos species in both kotor 1 and 2 and sector))
    (I'm pretty sure Watto just says that to TRIBBLE with the Jedi, they might be resistant to it but they are not immune)

*Mako hurries off, trying to figure out where Evelynn went, she doesn't even know where the bathrooms are on this place, but she eventually winds up in Quark's assuming a bar would have a bathroom*
    Quark: We don't sell hats here. We sell drinks and food. Do you want to set up a tab with your parent's information?
    alex: death is irrelevant - you would have to make sure you render yourself utterly useless to them, as they can resuscitate from a wide variety of deaths​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Dundee: if I paint the walls red and destroy my brain, how are they gonna resurrect me from that?
    edited August 2020
    alex: they can't - that's what i meant by rendering yourself useless to them, or any method that damages your body beyond repair will also work, like incineration, disintegration, dissolution, mastication and so on...asphyxiation will NOT work, nor will exsanguination or hurling yourself from a great height

(*nudges rattler with a stick*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Dundee: well painting the walls was my plan for that all along. I don't wanna choke myself to death. It would be.... embarrassing for a multitude of reasons if anyone saw my corpse.
    Evelynn: do you know someone named Kaiden Bernadotte? He lost his hate and it means a lot to him, I just wanted to get it back.
    Mako: Evelynn, you shouldn't run off like that. *She comes over to the bar, but decides not to pick her up since Evelynn is talking to the man*
    edited August 2020
    alex: unless you have a micropenis, i don't think anyone's going to care what your corpse looks like...least of all you - and the borg certainly won't either

(*continues nudging rattler*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Quark: I don't think i have ever met him. my memory is a bit bad.... Not sure if you have any latinum to help it
    Dundee: thats not the issue. The exact opposite of the issue if I die like that.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Krystal: You know you're still on an open channel... right Alex?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    *alex slowly looks up at the screen with a blank expression for several seconds as he realizes that, yes, the channel was in fact never closed* of course i knew - now head for the wormhole and shush! *he taps the comm and finally cuts the channel, then slumps down in the chair like he's trying to hide himself in it

meanwhile, the conundrum and crimson fang both head for the mouth of the bajoran wormhole, followed by a cloaked lycaon*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

evelynn: *nods and pulls out a few strips of latinum from her bag.* this enough to jog your memory?