test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,147 Arc User
    (done it with who exactly? and I was saying it wouldn't work with him specifically. it happening with other characters isn't relevant.)

Romulan: *looks at jorin* I doubt they'd let me leave to go with you. you don't look like starfleet and that benefits me greatly. *looks at kayla* why stop being a merc? to me, stopping is the worst thing i can do.

Briana: Seems less like old wounds and more like... recent wounds... didn't you only defeat the empire relatively recently from your perspectives?

Adam: yeah... and i have no idea what to do about it.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,893 Arc User
    jorin: no im not starfleet. im mandalorian beheld to no nation or power. i suppose i could leave some contact info, if you want a well crafted prosthetic let me know. *puts down a chip of some sort. near the romulans bed.*

jaessa: you know what i mean... im not good with sayings and all that.... but yes.

tess: have you done any research on the places in your dreams? maybe they actually exist. *she shrugs.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    (Jessica was one of them, and there was one other but I can't remember who it was.)

*Oculus sighs and heads to the mess hall to get something to eat*

Reina: There's a long story behind that. She isn't exactly from this universe. *She starts getting some tools out*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Romulan: What do you mean?

Briana: So do you want some food too? *eats another piece of sushi*

Adam: No... i mean they seemed like they may have been top secret and that kinda stuff...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Kayla: Easy... I was pulled from the universe I know... into one I didn't know. Starfleet seemed to be this reality's version of the Star League, which was what my unit was once a part of before the collapse. The Eridani Light Horse used to be a part of the Star League, and went mercenary to survive after the Civil War ripped the Star League apart. But... the dream of every member was to see the Star League restored.

We kinda got that when the Clans invaded. I was on Huntress, the Smoke Jaguar homeworld, as part of an Op to force the Clans to stop their invasion when I was pulled here because of some Clan experiment we found. So... without the people I knew and faced with god knows how many actual alien species... I chose the closest thing I could to what I could recognize.

I admit my bedside manner is still battlefield "don't take BS from anyone", but my skills have benefitted. Also... working with Krystal, I've been able to be myself a bit more than I mgiht around a more strict Captain.

So... it was a matter of survival really.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    jorin: come evelynn lets leave them to work.

evelynn: *sits down on a near by bio bed silently meditating.*

jorin: evelynn? *he looks over at her and sighs* alright then.... *finds a place to sit down*

jaessa: yeah i suppose i could go for a bite. *walks over to a replicator* by the way have you seen evelynn anywhere? last i saw she was next to me in the station then she was gone...... i swear that creature of hers is ganna be a problem.....

tess: hmm.... well im not really sure on that one then. *shrugs.* do you have these dreams often?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Romulan: survival. You could have still been a merc... I doubt it was survival.

Briana: oh you bean Geoffrey? It's called a tribble... she really likes it. But no, haven't seen her.

Adam: I guess so.
    Kayla: I was a Mercenary Combat Medic that was just in a full on shooting war, and got thrown into a reality I know nothing about. The way I see it it kinda was. Starfleet afforded me the chance to not only familiarize myself with this reality, but improve my medical skills to include various species. Romulans being one of them. Something I probably wouldn't have been able to do on my own.

Also... I still have my old laser rifle in case I need extra firepower. May be old to you, but in my 31st Century it was top of the line, able to burn through an Elemental's visor and kill the soldier rather easily. Sniper variants could do it in a single hit though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Romulan: oookay then.... to me you can do all that and more without Starfleet. Thinking that is the only choice anyone has to improve is one of the reason I keep being a merc.... *looks down* I f**king can't believe I'm gonna lose my arm.
    Kayla: Better than losing your life.
    Romulan: says who? Admittedly it could be much worse. It could have been my right arm and I would have had to relearn writing, shooting and.... other things...
    jaessa: damnit.... i hope shes at least on the ship..... *sighs* is looking after kids always this hard? *walks back sitting down with them.*

jakara: you have no idea....

tess: maybe you could try looking into it who knows you might find something might not but least you can say you tried right?
    Reina: *She starts checking which sedative to use on him* Are you okay with being sedated? Or would you rather we amputate like this?

*Oculus enters the mess hall then looks surprised to see Jaessa, walking over to her and sitting down next to her*

Oculus: Hey there, how's it going?
    Romulan: Just numb me... I would rather be able to see you carry it off than just waking up to it being gone. i think waking up with a stump would be more traumatic for me.

Briana: Hey. *Continues eating* and yeah what jakara said.

Adam: I suppose....
    jaessa: oh hey, things are ok i guess. just worried about jorin and raising my eight year old sister.... parenting is something new to me. sometimes i wonder if she even cares about me, like i know shes smarter then other kids her age but still....

jorin: *walks over to evelynn who fell asleep on, gently waking her.* lets head to the ship.

evelynn: *shakes her head.*

jorin: want a snack before bed?

evelynn: *nods.*

jorin: alright, c'mon. *gently picks her up heading to the mess hall.*

tess: well anyway i should head back and im sure you have your station to get back to as well.
    edited April 2020
    Adam: Right, uhh.. of course. Hope I see you again.... I dont think I introduced myself. You told us your name up there but I've been a bit quiet on the subject. I'm Lieutenant Adam Shashka. It's not significant but Adam is short for Adamska. Its Russian but I doubt you'd know that.... my dad used to call me Shalashaska... no idea what it means but since it has my last name in it I guess it worked. So call me whatever.

Briana: of course she cares about you. Just because She's young and smart doesn't mean she doesn't love you
    Kayla: *sighs* You're choice.
    Romulan: I know it is. *Takes a pack of cigarettes out of a pouch on his upper left arm (above where they need to amputate) and puts a cigarette in his mouth. putting the back back he starts to reach for his lighter*
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    (*cue kayla screeching* NO SMOKING IN SICKBAY!)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Kayla: *removes the cigarette* No smoking. And before you protest, you're in sickbay, and I doubt you want the computer to snuff it out with forcefields.

You can wait until you're discharged.
    Romulan: I'm literly about to lose my arm. You'd think you could tell the computer to Tiens ses chevaux
    Oculus: Jaessa of course she cares about you. Why would you doubt that? Did she say something mean?

Reina: In my experience as a medical practitioner, its quite the opposite for more people, easier to get used to it already being gone than feeling it go. *She makes sure he has the right pain killers and finishes prepping the site before starting to sever the arm with a laser*
    edited April 2020
    Romulan: good thing I can't feel it. Guess that's nerve damage... wait you'd have to cut above the nerve damage...
    Reina: I gave you a painkiller you're not alergic to, along with stopping the bloodflow and nerve endings from reaching your brain so you can't feel anything. I can't have you going into shock while I'm operating.
    Romulan: let's get this over with.... at least you can't go through my things with me being awake.
    Reina: What? *she is so baffled she has to pause the laser for a moment before shaking her head then finishing up, leaving a clean, completely sealed stump. She uses a dermal regenerator to patch it up, then wraps it up in a bandage just for good measure* Okay its fine, the bandage is to help as the new tissue will be sensitive for a few days, but if you prefer you can just take it off, when the nerves come back online and your blood starts flowing it might feel itchy, don't scratch it.
    Romulan: why shouldn't I scratch it?
    Kayla: Might open it up again and bleed out. And why would we look through your things?
    jaessa: i just worry.... *sighs starting to eat her food.*

jorin: *walks in carrying evelynn* have you and oculus been here this whole time?

jaessa: no we just got here..... is everything ok?

Jorin: yeah don’t worry about me. *he says setting down evelynn on a chair near them.*

evelynn: *looks half asleep*

tess: alright adam, it was nice chatting with you. have a good one. *she clicks a bit and puts her helmet back on.*
    Adam: yeah, you too.

Romulan: I dont trust Starfleet. Simple as that. Next thing I know I'd be in restraints.

Briana: *eats sushi*