test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    (You could have asked if I had forgotten rather than go into a full on assault on Krystal's ability to command in front of the entire galaxy. The drama was unnecessary. There are better ways to remind someone than attack their characters and cause drama. The whole frakkin' argument could have been AVOIDED if you just asked if I had forgotten it. There had been no activity for a few days. Its not like I'd have a reason to thing "oh gee, I should go read back on something" totally randomly while there's no activity.

So honestly... was attacking my character like that even NECESSARY? It was a simple mistake, and you escalated it into an in character attack on Krystal. Even when she finally said "Lets go", you pressed the attack! It was totally unnecessary Nick.)

Krystal: Yeeeeaaaa... Um... Odo... didn't you say at some point your fleet was the only one left or something along those lines? And... why the blockade?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,152 Arc User
    (Well we could have just gone if you didnt have Kira bring communication into it literly secondary after saying "let's go" you could have just let that go and been on with it. Adding her saying that was totally unnecessary, just asking to continue it. You could have just owned up to it and that would have been the end of it. Pressing so much that it's on us because you didn't want to read a few lines. So sorry for raising concern when a person in a high leadership position seems to be ignoring reality, substituting it with their own, then puts the blame on other people. I get enough of that watching the PotUS)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    (You could have said SOMETHING rather than just go full attack mode Nick. I admit I made a mistake. But taking it out on me in character was unnecessary! Basically you're saying I should be OUT of Starfleet now, basically driving me out of the RP. And like I said, when things like that happen it affects my typing, and I don't think about much but defend my character in character when she's being attacked in character.

Can we just drop it now? And preferably NOT follow up on this and play it off as he's stressed over dealing with the Dominion when the last time he faced them they were enemies? It would make a good recovery and actually allow for us to go on without being antagonistic. Both characters are under stress, so things happen.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (I did say something. Multiple times. That was all ignored. I'm not saying opt out. I'm saying own up to your mistakes and dont pretend they didnt happen. Krystal is supposed to be a leader. a leader can admit when they mess up instead of shifting the blame or making excuses. If you think she should be out of Starfleet that's your own worries talking because I dont want nor meant that. )
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    (I don't handle stress very well Nick. You know that. So lets just drop it and maybe later they both say that it was stress talking and not them.

The way Krystal's been going for a while now she's been under a LOT of stress. Honestly I'm getting tired of the constant stress level she's under and would like some way to get her to finally recover from everything. But unfortunately it feels like every time things start settling down... REAPER ATTACK ON HER HEAD or an argument breaks out. It does get a bit tiring having to constantly respond to stress and have a character almost broken multiple times over it. I'm trying, but even I snap every once in a while.)
  • Options
    (I mean even when she has time off, things that try to help with the stress or... just about anything... she'd still be stressed regardless. the trill ceremony meeting the past Simbiot hosts, the week or two off visiting her parents, therapy, time with her family, people trying to motivate her the list can go on and on... nothing is gonna help her if you don't let it help her. in the end you are in control of it. you allow or deny progress to that. Yeah i can see stress from a reaper messing things up but an argument? that shouldn't hold for much longer than the argument lasts. she's just intentionally bundling it all up if that's the case. no matter what these things are going to happen and if she can't deal with it, then what? )
  • Options
    (I don't know. And right now my brain's a bit scrambled so lets just get back to it. By now I'm just venting myself.

At least we have a plausible out for the argument that just happened that plays into your character's past, as you've got him really tense right now. Maybe just being in the Gamma Quadrant period was a stressor for him. Add to that working with the Dominion, even if it is with Odo, that would make any Dominion War vet snap.)
  • Options
    (Was going for that Loooooooooooong before you suggested it.)

Female changeling: *appears on the view screens of those who took the hail* Starfleet... your presence is not required here. Explain yourself.

Nick: *seeing the orchestrator of the domino ear before him, his voice is filled 3with anger, hatred and panic, keeping his hand on his revolver as if she could pop out of the view screen and charge him* . I should ask you the same question....

Female changeling: the Karemmans are proud, captain. If they wish to stand alone and deal with the Hur'q we will certainly accommodate them. Should they decide to ask for aid we will gladly assist them. The point may soon be moot however. The Karemmans are known for their potent weapons and defense systems. As for the question about the fleet. Odo commands an expeditionary fleet. It is his to use in a mission to seek and destroy Hur'q as he sees fit. My fleet is a defense fleet. It is obvious the distinction was not made clear to you. How unfortunate.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    *and alex is currently sending off a QE transmission so the dominion doesn't realize one is being sent out*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    jorin: thats a load of TRIBBLE if i ever heard one. ive seen enough blockades to know one when i see it.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Female changeling: I'm not even sure what you're supposed to be with all that armor. The Karemmans are very.... useful. We have no reason to blockade them.

Nick: TRIBBLE this, we're going in there. We have a distress call we need to respond to. And... sensors show a group of transports is being attacked right now. Lieutenant Koroh, get us over there. *the Tepes moves, heading towards the Hur'q attack*

Odo: I will take responsibility for their actions in Karemman space. One of our operatives need immediate extraction.

Female changeling: you're very persistent, aren't you? Very well. In spirit of our newfound pact with the alliance, I will allow you to proceed, abet at your own risk.... exercise caution, Odo. It would be tragic for you to come so far, only for you to end it here over Karemma *cuts comms*

Garak: it would seem we're not getting the whole story here.
  • Options
    jorin: finally ahead full wedge! *the crusader class corvette follows close behind the tepes.* kot ibac shereshoy!

bridge crew in unison: par te dral ganar te staabi bah mand'alor!

jorin: ijaat ibac shereshoy!

bridge crew in unison: par ti nayc ijaat solus ret bid pirusti cuyir kyrayc!

jorin: verburyc ibac shereshoy!

bridge crew in unison: par ures solus aliit solus ashnar nayc narser!

jorin: kyr'am ibac shereshoy!

bridge crew in unison: solus jorso'ran ash'amur bid val ganar oyayc!

jorin: ibic cuyir te be'chaaj!

bridge crew in unison: ibic cuyir te be'chaaj!
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    *the conundrum moves forward, shields at max and weapons on hot standby, her captain alert for any signs of treachery as they pass by the extremely obvious blockade*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Kurata: The honored founder was acting strange... but it is not my place to question them. *He seems thoughtful, wondering why the female changeling would be treating Odo so... condescendingly. He is still young and has not seen founders interact with each other too many times, but he still understands that is not normal behavior*

Jessica: We can probably find out more once we're on the ground and talking to the Karemmans themselves.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    Nick: Raneson, use the main cannons on their larger ships. Use the Railgun for the swarmers, got it? Now Fire a rapid volley at that ship we're coming onto, thrown in a photon. Give it all we got. Keep the Railgun aimed behind us for when those swarmers give chase. Lieutenant Koroh, keep steady and be ready to peel off to the left when Raneson gets those shots off.

*The Tepes charges a Nekcrid Assembly, firing a full volley of phaser cannon shot when Raneson is given the order, the shots slamming into the hull of the Hur'q ship, causing the ship to rock. The photon hitting the ship and exploding, causing a hull breach*
  • Options
    *the conundrum swoops in, its deflector glowing with energy before firing a beam at the largest ship in the swarm, all nearby ships being drawn toward it as a localized gravity well forms around the large ship, causing it to begin buckling from all sides from the intense gravity*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    *the crusader corvette flies around picking off smaller ships and swarmers with its point defense laser turrets. Jorin let’s a huge swarm of them get behind his ship, then micro jumps behind them and unloads a rapid volley of fire destroying the swarmers.*
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    Prime Raneson: We’ve breached the enemy’s hull, Captain!
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    *Exeter moves in, firing her rapid fire phaser emitters to try and clear out the swarmers*
    Krystal: Something feels seriously off about this. If she's commanding a defense fleet... why are they NOT helping a member of the Dominion against the Hur'q?

Can we get a line to the Karemma?
  • Options
    *a spread of gravimetric torpedoes into whatever surviving ships being pulled into the mini black hole that is alex's supercharged gravity well quickly break apart into their constituent atoms as multiple gravimetric rifts form in close proximity to each other*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*prods the karemma with the farfetch'd leek*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    *the karemman ships are being pulled towards the mini black hole as you can't really can't stop friendly fire with gravimetrics*

Nick: Alex, danger close! You trying to kill the rest of us? Lieutenant Sn'ket, get me a tractor beam lock on those freighters so they dont get absolutely destroyed.

*no ships are able to contact the karemman ship on usual frequencies*

Garak: Admiral, my sensors are showing a broad band of interference in the area. Its jamming the standard karemman hailing frequencies. Might I suggest giving them a more secure frequency to use for communication.
  • Options
    (what friendly fire? there is none on any form of negative space wedgie)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2020
    (The gravity well and the mini black hole caused since those Hur'q ships were literly right on top of the Karemman ships. Gravity doesnt discriminate or care about IFF Beacons)
  • Options
    Krystal: They're being jammed? Can we trace the source?
    And while we're at it... why isn't a defense fleet... oh I don't know... DEFENDING? They're just sitting there!

Amelei... see if you can punch through with a new frequency. One that isn't being jammed.
    Amelei: Working on it. Lets hope they're looking for anything... and I think I got it. With luck, give them a minute and we can talk on a secure channel.
  • Options
    Nick: they did say the karemma didnt want their help!

*the Tepes pulls two freighters out of the gravity well to safety*

*a Karemman answers the now secure hail amongt the taskforce*

Karemman Captain: Hello? Can you hear me? We need help and fast! Most of our planetary defense lines are in danger of being overrun by the Hur'q. We tried to evacuate but the Jem'hadar fleet opened fire on us when we broke orbit! We're trapped!

Nick: the Jem'hadar opened fire on you? Ambassador Odo... what the hell?

*the Tepes goes to lock on to another ship with the ship's tractor beam*

Odo: combat is notoriously chaotic. I'm sure Theres a reasonable explanation for that, one best pursued after we find Quark and help the Karemmans

(Would have said something yesterday about it Alex but I was busy with a podcast. )
  • Options
    alex: if they try anything else while we're here, i have an ace up my sleeve​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: This is Admiral Jade of the United Federation of Planets. We got you covered, and we'll see what we can do.

Odo... something's not adding up here AT ALL. If it was combat related... why are the Jem'Hadar just SITTING there. I'm telling you man... something fishy's going on. But you're right. We'll need to clear out the Hur'q in orbit then see if we can learn more.
  • Options
    Odo: once we rescue Quark we can peruse this.

Garak: hmmm... I wonder... ah yes. We should try to find Quark as soon as possible. He should be the only Ferengi on the planet. A deep-range sensor scan should find him.
  • Options
    alex: i'll handle that - my ship has the highest resolution sensors of any ship here *a few moments pass* got him - he seems to be underground...and there are hur'q biosigns all around him​​

#LegalizeAwoo